Register now to get rid of these ads!

Motion Pictures The Worlds Fastest Indian

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by revray, Jan 18, 2011.

1. T.KITCHEN

T.KITCHEN

Its mine and my wifes favorite movie because Hopkins character reminds her of her father in every way;his friendly manner and acceptance of anyone even tho they may be "different" and his ability to make something out of nothing! I think a lot of us see our father in that charcter.
    I agree that the movies title and lack of open sex, bad violence & language hurt its profit making. I tell everyone I know to watch it and they are always surprised how good it is.
    About a year or two ago there was a full page picture on the last page of Hot Rod or some magazine showing Burt (the real one)accepting the money at Bonneville. I saw my older brother in that shot and never knew he was at Bonneville. Anyone have that picture?

2. As some of you may know Burt is my hero.
    Don

3. That movie was the real deal. If you wanted to know what it was like in the day, there it was. It was every thing a movie should be whether it made money or not. If you can come out of a movie and feel inspired, you have experienced what a movie should be. I would love to shake Anthony Hopkins hand and, if I could go back in time, I would sure like to shake Burt Munro's hand. Now, I am going out to burn my lawn, soon as the snow melts.

4. 1971BB427

1971BB427
    from Oregon

Love it, bought the DVD. Watch it often!

5. eddie_zapien

eddie_zapien

One of my favorites!

6. unibody

unibody

Loved it, bought it and gave to all my buddies to watch and they all loved it.

7. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Loved the movie, totally blown away as to how little 'Hollywood' was in the making. They actually got it pretty damn close without machine guns, explosions and a half naked Hilton sibling.
    It did however take a bit to get used to Mr Hopkins 'Kiwi' accent, or lack there off. That gave us a good laugh but other than that the movie rocked!

Doc.

8. RussTee

RussTee

Hi all I am a Kiwi and watched Burt race many times he was hardcase and did like "the odd nice lady if any were around youknow" his construction was a little crude but it worked. Some dvds of the film contain a copy of a documentary 'God of Speed' that Rodger Donaldson made earlier its amazing how close to that doco that the film is. The replica bikes used in the film were produced by Noel Atley, Wayne Alexander and Perry Moore who worked for John Brittan Builder of the amazing Brittan bikes before his untimely death due to skin cancer. You should also read Rodger Donaldsons Book The Worlds Fastest Indian/ Burt Munro a scrapbook of his life

9. firingorder1

firingorder1

Pretty doesn't make you go fast. Burt did an amazing job with what he had. Beats the hell out of the "Where can I find this or that" threads that are appearing more and more here. That was the great part of the movie. Sleeves up and get the job done.

10. One of the best movies i have ever seen. Its a must own for sure.

11. T.KITCHEN

T.KITCHEN

Anyone have any luck on the picture on the last page of Hot Rod Mag of Burt accepting the money at Bonneville?

12. clockwork31

clockwork31

I like the old lady's pickup, perfect stance! :cool:

13. Giovanni

Giovanni

Hands down my favorite movie of all time. So inspirational.
    Ryan posted an entry in the Jockey Journal some time back about Burt. Had some great photographs. Not sure if it's still up there.

14. 409deuce

409deuce

The scene when he finally arrived at the flats and looks around had me a little choked up.

15. firingorder1

firingorder1

This one?

[​IMG][/IMG]

16. Road Rocket

Road Rocket

Great movie. I love the part where he casts his own pistons, and don't forget to take care of the lemon tree.

17. You weren't alone. That movie makes me want to sell everything and go fast.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using TJJ

18. budd

budd

a friend has a room filled with old mags from the 50's and 60's, i always thought there might be one with Burt in it, one day i'm there and walk up to the first pile and three mags down i find this Mechanix Illustrated with Burt on the cover, is there anyone in New Zeland who has pics of Burts piston mold?

Attached Files:

19. Chevy54

Chevy54
    from Orange, CA

Great Photo Firingorder1 !!!

20. Chevy54

Chevy54
    from Orange, CA

This is fitting for this thread...I never found out if this was the real deal but it sure looked like it! I took these at AZ GG in Nov. Anybody hear anything about it?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

21. Dirt Diggler

Dirt Diggler

didn't this movie come out almost 6 years ago? :confused:

it's a great movie and all but 6 years was a long time ago.

has anybody watched choppertown? the documentary about the sinners! SICK MOVIE!

I kid, just wanted to be a killjoy for a moment... :p

22. Fiatdude

Fiatdude
    from SoCal

On the DVD copy I got there is the orginal documentary on Burt that caused them to develope the movie -- It is way cool to watch too

23. firingorder1

firingorder1

This is from the Sept '62 MotorCycle. There was a debate as whether or not he used the "Constellation" fins on his bike back then.

[​IMG][/IMG]

24. My sister watched the movie before me she said I should watch closely and let her know what I thought. I watch the movie for the first half hour then it dawns on me I am watching a man exactly like my Dad ...very able with his abilities and an inventor.
    That movie came out just after I lost my Dad and it was very healing to watch. Hands down the best story and movie I have ever seen . I have watch interviews with the real Burt Munro and Anthony Hopkins nailed his character dead on in my opinion. Rob

25. firingorder1

firingorder1

Thats as good a reason as you need. So. What are you building??

26. RussTee

RussTee

nah they were knocked up in his back yard

27. Its a good movie to watch and even better to read the book,like all movies they play with the truth a little but thats ok .

28. RussTee

RussTee

There are clear pictures in Rodger Donaldsons book

29. Weird alright.
    It only got started today .. :D

I love this movie .. Bert ..A man with a great sense of humour as well.
    I think every house in NZ has a copy somewhere. :)

30. Muttley

Muttley

I saw it in the theatre here in Fresno.