Register now to get rid of these ads!

The wife's new car.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Dennis the Menace, Sep 3, 2003.

1. Dennis the Menace

Dennis the Menace

Here are some photos of the wife's new car. A 1956 Chevy 210, 2 door, 327 Corvette Motor, Air, 4 Speed Trans, Camero Rear end, Front disk brakes, 2" Lowered Front spindals, Digital Dash, AM/FM-Tape-10 CD changer.
    Dennis

http://community.webshots.com/album/88463206EJrrme

2. ...nice bongos.
    [​IMG]

3. Bigcheese327

Bigcheese327

A great start for a neat car. It needs your help, though, it doesn't know what it wants to be! Late fifties street custom (Lakes pipes and chromies)? Billet rod (steering wheel and digital guages... shudder)? Sixties hot rod (327, four-speed)? Love those old tri-fives, though. That thing could be tough as hell.

I grew up on the sixties hot rod style, so I'm thinking mags in front, chrome reverse in back, lose the lakes pipes and the lame interior treatment in favor of a nasty rake, loud exhaust and SS buckets with black and white tuck'n'roll. Oh, and don't forget the period accessories for the engine, the mullet look in the engine compartment is a sad waste of a gorgeous V8.

Good luck!

4. CLSSY56

CLSSY56

Get ready for the strange comments. My 56 has been called anything from a 55, 57 to a Chrysler. Gas filler is another whole dimension that the normal "joe" can't understand. Good to see another 56 runing about [​IMG]

5. ESnacky6

ESnacky6

that thing needs to be de-gay'd in the worst of ways...

6. DID YOU BUY IT FROM SOMEONE IN FLORIDA?

7. ESnacky6

ESnacky6

HAHAHAHAHAHA..!!!!

8. hope this werks...eeep [​IMG]

Attached Files:

9. sawzall

sawzall

dude

totally dig the wheel covers perfect chicks car...

10. mai-ki-ki that thing rules, but you still left the goofy pipes on the sides!

11. Baumi

Baumi
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

It´s a very well and clean built 56, although I´m not a billet fan. But I love that tarmack diggin front bumper! I ´ve never seen a one piece bumper on a 56 before! Is it a welded together stock one or some kind of california style bumper( like in 57)??? [​IMG]Guess I have to do some welding on my 56 bumper ,too.... [​IMG]

12. plan9

plan9

damn, your wife is lucky! wonder what your kids get???

13. OGNC

OGNC
    Member Emeritus

Looks like she's got a good solid foundation for customizing it to her taste. I do dig the mai-ki-ki treatment!

14. CLSSY56

CLSSY56

It could be a one piece or a welded bumper 3 piece bumper. Which also depends on where the bumper manufaturer that they used. Most people say a one piece is a California car, but that is not so. Many California cars had a 3 piece bumper.

15. I did see the pic of the 56 and first thought was, thats a neat car, only needs some minor updates. Then I noticed that I was already a Photoshopped version...
    Well, the hood plane and the triple lakes dont look right and the outside rearview mirror and the fuzzy dice too...
    Here it is with my "improvements"
    (BTW I love those Studebaker caps...)

[​IMG]

16. Sailor

Sailor

Thats more like it. [​IMG]