Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical the Wife's 1959 Galaxie

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hydroshawn, Apr 17, 2014.

1. hydroshawn

hydroshawn
    from Tx,Ca

My wife has a 1959 Galaxie with a stock 352/automatic transmission. Pretty much all stock with dual exhaust.

I have noticed that the exhaust coming out of the drivers side is a lot hotter with more condensation than the passenger side.

should they both be about the same temperature wise?

Thank & any info (with or without sarcasm because I know how you guys roll:D) will be appreciated!!

Shawn

2. Ole don

Ole don

There is a good chance that car has a heat riser on the right side at the bottom of the manifold. It it is not free and easy to move the weight by hand, replace or remove it. They like to rust in the closed position, making all the exhaust from the right side have to pass through the intake manifold to exit the left. Living in a warm climate, you may never miss it if you decide to just remove it.

3. Like Ole don says. Check the heat riser. You are correct in thinking both sides should be about the same temp. But only after a short warm up time to let the heat riser open.
    I like 59's. Here is a shot of mine.
    The Wizzard

Attached Files:

4. hydroshawn

hydroshawn
    from Tx,Ca

Thanks! I'll check that as soon as I get home!

5. hydroshawn

hydroshawn
    from Tx,Ca

looks Great! I can't post a picture. internet too slow where I am!