Register now to get rid of these ads!

The "Whale Project" 51 Dodge has re-surfaced !!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 17dracing, May 29, 2011.

1. 17dracing

17dracing
    from Indiana

Well as many know Bubba's Hot Rod Shop of Indianapolis In. Started a project car "The Whale" a couple years back , Well it has now changed hands !! But will continue as the Whale !! If you don't know the story ,here it is ! The car , a 1951 Dodge Wayfarer , lowered ,split manifold ,dual exhaust, ect... it was a weds. night project car that just really never got finished . So now I have it , and will be getting her done . Today I got all the molding holes welded up and smoothed out . straightened out the front bumper . Going to get the rest of the body work finished tommorow , and start on painting it . It will be black on the bottom and white on the top . The "Whale" will be surface 'n at a show near you !!! Lol !! Here is today pix. !!

Attached Files:

2. 17dracing: Good luck with "The Whale",,,I have a lot of pics of the guys working on it...
    great score..keep us posted...

3. 17dracing

17dracing
    from Indiana

Yeah , I found a bunch of pix. on photo bucket , This car just has some of the Kool'est body lines !!! Its getting painted today or tommorow , While I work on Kirby's nifty 50 . Dual carbs , split ex. manifold ect...

4. 17dracing

17dracing
    from Indiana

Here it is back from getting some paint throwed on it !!

Attached Files:

5. GMC BUBBA

GMC BUBBA
    Member Emeritus

Yea whale !!! Always knew it would go to someone who loved it !!!! Looks like a happy whale to me.
    You didnt let it set all night next to Kirbys chevy did ya ???? The whale been pretty horny after sitting so long....
    Lets see a 51 dodge and a 51 chevy would make a ??????? A amc of some kind???

6. GMC BUBBA

GMC BUBBA
    Member Emeritus

7. 17dracing

17dracing
    from Indiana

Now that is just to funny Jim !!! Yeah I still have the Chevy sitting till tommorow !! Then it goes to the exhaust shop ..... I wondered why there are wet spots in my drive way !!! Now I know !! Lol !!! I got one seat cover done , now a lot of cleaning and the rest of the covers and door panels need to be done ... I have been building some bikes now to , I need to slow down a little !! My local buddies all want a car like the Whale now !!

Attached Files: