Register now to get rid of these ads!

the weekly, 'what it is thread', with a slight curveball

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by gassersteve, Oct 30, 2012.

1. Here is the catch....... i know what the part is, i am wondering if the powers that be i am calling upon out in hambland can identify what vehicle type and year they may be off of.

These came on the front bumper of my newly acquired 1949 chevy 1/2 ton. At first glance i was excited to see them but upon further inspection i realized they were not the correct bumper/grill guards i had hoped for, just swap meet material unless i use them on my cab over with a little fab work.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Squablow

Squablow

I've never seen a factory bumper guard that bolted on with a plate on the back like that, they usually bolt through the bumper. Would lead me to believe these are generic aftermarket add-on guards. Lots of companies made them in lots of different styles and patterns, I have an NOS center grille guard one from a company called Mervin. Western Auto or Honest Charley type stuff.

I could be wrong though.

3. Thats what i was thinking too. Some jc whitney aftermarket goodie

4. BBYBMR

BBYBMR

Turn signal thingys

5. I love finding the goodies in a new old car

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Vacuum powered whistle horn. Works perfect after a disassembly and soaking in pb blaster with a clean up

Last edited: Oct 30, 2012
  6. Those bumper overriders / grilleguards look like the feet from a rusty old swivel chair or feet from a big old electric fan.. I think BBYBMR means old semaphores.

7. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

That's a "wolf" whistle, vacuum powered, and playable with a good actuator cable.