Register now to get rid of these ads!

The very first lowrider discovered

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by flatordead, Dec 21, 2003.

1. Hahahahaha! Larson is one of my heros. His stuff is always funny as hell to me.
    Are you living as a civilian in Germany or a U.S. G.I.stationed there? I spent a few years in the Neuremburg area back in the 60's.. It was fun but I missed home and my hot rods..

2. MercMan1951

MercMan1951

That's a great one. I found that years ago, and had it tacked to my bulletin board until it yellowed like that one. [​IMG]

3. Yes it's a keeper and has PATINA too. Rocky, I'm born and raised german, but got some long lost relativs in the midwest (IA) of the US.

4. Well, let us midwesterners know the next time you come to Iowa to visit. We'll arrange some good hot-rod fun for you. I live about 2 miles from the Iowa border.

5. Oh yes, thanks, I will do that. Used to go to the Swaps at Greenfield and Ames and The Ararat Shrine swap in KC years ago.

6. alchemy

alchemy

I met a German guy at the Des Moines swap once buying up flatty speed equipment to ship home. He was buying car parts, his wife was buying Levis from the Salvation Army, and they would load up a container to put on a boat. Said he's make a killing back home.

alchemy

7. Thanks for postin' that.. I got a good laugh. [​IMG] Sucks he's not making comics anymore... used to love 'em.

8. He Alchemy, seems to be a small world. If that was down on the DM fairgrounds in '95/96/97 or so, it was prolly Me. Things have slowed down meanwhile. But I'm still collecting that flatty shit.
    BTW Larson is on top when it comes to comics. Can't wait to get My new next years calendar for christmas.......

9. Smokin Joe

Smokin Joe

Bad news, the 2002 calendar was the last one! [​IMG]
    I had a shitload of dissappointed people who used to stop by my desk at work to check the calendar this year. [​IMG]

10. Thanks god, I saved all the old ones.

11. alchemy

alchemy

Yea, I seem to remember you buying a Thickstun hirise. Also said someting about a Belgian '32 back home. Was that you?

alchemy

12. That was Me, the Thickstun was hacksawed (for hood clearence?)or so. Had 2 chromed stroms on top. I'd build a roadster out of that european '32. Used the frame and axles, the body was a tudor with suicide doors!!! went to a dragster man. The roadster is in that "before and after" car building thread.

13. atch

atch

that's one of my favorite far sides. still got it tacked up on my shop wall, too.