Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs The VENUS Project Update

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by mcload, Sep 25, 2010.

1. mcload

mcload

Hello all....has been awhile since I've been on the H.A.M.B., and my friend Richard Daugird suggest I visit.

As some of you know, I am restoring a car body called the "Venus" that my father designed and patented. It was on the cover of Motor Trend, May, 1954. Only about 8 or 10 of these bodies were made (here in Houston), and only 2 are known to exist.

I have been at this for about 5 years now, trying to do all of the work myself.
    My car came all the way from Massachusetts, and I am restoring it to the specification of the original prototype as seen on the Motor Trend.

I have been documenting this restoration as best I can, and have just posted another update on my Venus Update Blog. If you are unfamiliar with the Venus, perhaps you'll take a look. I realize that it's design is not for everyone, but it's still a great story.

If you visit the update blog, click on "About The Venus" and go to the "History of the Venus"....I think it's quite interesting if I do say so myself.

The update blog is here:

http://mcload.wordpress.com/

Thank you for your time and interest.

Patrick McLoad

2. That is a neat project Patrick. And very well documented. Thanks for sharing.