Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods the use up some of my hoarded stuff to free up space and build a neat hot rod thread

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOLLYWQQD, May 5, 2013.

1. HOLLYWQQD

HOLLYWQQD
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from central NY
    1. New York H.A.M.B.ers

bought a flathead for my 33 5wdw with an original EDDIE MEYER high rise intake on it and it had 2 ford script 94's on it , and i plan on running strombergs on that motor

[​IMG]

so i pulled the carbs and slapped em on a vintage speed 4bbl adapter and kustom had an early edelbrock TM1 aluminum intake hanging on the wall that had a bunch of coats of red paint on it so another club brother (sniff) threw it in his blast cab and bead blasted it for me yesterday . so this morning we slapped all that crap together and set it on the motor to see if we were digging it and of course it's bad ass so its staying .
    here's a couple pics from this morning!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

that's it for now not gonna get a lot done this week but next week we'll be at it again!!

Last edited: May 27, 2013
  2. I gotta tell you it looks HAMB friendly to me.

3. HOLLYWQQD

HOLLYWQQD
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from central NY
    1. New York H.A.M.B.ers

thanx ....that is the plan , although it is a glass body and i would generally not even consider the nose bleed stance that this car has for a personal build (although my 33 sits about the same height ) :) ;) ;o , i do think it is coming together quite nicely . my goal is to make it as HAMB friendly as a glass bodied car can be while still appealing to the general (streetrod) crowd . i am only building it to sell it for profit and to use up some parts laying around so i can only go so far with it!!

how about some opinions ?? with nice fit and finish and good strong running gear and brakes (e brake as well) , like new bias ply www tires and steelies , full black tuck n roll , new polished windshield posts and new glass , semi gloss black on the frame and nice wimbledon white paint on the body , where is a fair asking price on this thing . i know it is hard to say without seeing the final product but any info helps as far as pricing it !! think very well built glass and chrome speedway kit with traditional flair when working up a price. this is just for fun guys i have a number in mind that i would want to get but would really like to know if i am close !!

Last edited: Jun 2, 2013
  4. swimeasy

swimeasy

Bomber seats, minimum gauges, 2000 dollar paint job- ask 16,500!

5. swimeasy

swimeasy

Nicer paint, tuck and roll- 19,500!

6. That looks really great!

7. raven

raven

'HAMB friendly"?
    That's a glass body...
    r

8. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

THIS is going to be awesome.

9. HOLLYWQQD

HOLLYWQQD
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from central NY
    1. New York H.A.M.B.ers

what ??? who the hell slipped that glass body in there ??? I KNOW IT'S GLASS and i made that clear in the first post i am not a plastic car fan and i am very afraid that if i built this car with a steel body i would like it too much to sell it and i robbed the money to build it from my garage savings so it has to go !! i got the body ,suspension and parts of the frame not too long ago from another HAMBER and i scored the wheels and tires a while back from another HAMBER and i robbed the motor trans set up out of my HAMB friendly (steel) ;) Apache project that i am selling to a friend that has been looking for one for a while and can give it the time it needs right now !! i am not building a HAMB friendly car , i am making a glass bodied car as HAMB friendly as i can make it while using up a bunch of shit i have laying around that i don't necessarily want to use on personal cars !!!!

Last edited: Jun 2, 2013
  10. Raven's T is glass as well. He forgot the ;) and the :).

11. HOLLYWQQD

HOLLYWQQD
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from central NY
    1. New York H.A.M.B.ers

ahhhh i see !! ;) :)

12. I always liked that truck, sorry to hear ya sold it.

13. HOLLYWQQD

HOLLYWQQD
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from central NY
    1. New York H.A.M.B.ers

I'll get another 1 . My buddies girlfriend wanted it and when I moved it out of my other buddies shop it ended up at a club brothers place stashed out in the weeds and Mother Nature was not being kind to it . I need to get my shop built and then I'll get another one . I was sorry to sell it to !

14. raven

raven

Yeah, I just wanted to see what response I got.:D
    I wasn't able to get back to board in time though...I was busy.:p
    r

15. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That's coming together nicely. Having a rusted and butchered 27 T body that I've drug around with me for the past 20 years that will require who knows how many hours of welding just so the body work can start I can't knock a T roadster with a glass body as long as it doesn't look like a 1-800-***/**** kit car. The car is going to look right and from 50 ft away most guys will have a hell of a time figuring out if it is a fresh build or an old build that was just freshened up and that is what that car is all about besides being hell for fun to drive the wheels off.

16. HOLLYWQQD

HOLLYWQQD
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from central NY
    1. New York H.A.M.B.ers

had a slow week . decided to order some stuff from speedway . polished stainless lakes style headers and a set of polished smoothy windshield posts . also got all of the foam and material to do the interior. black pleated and smooth marine vinyl and closed cell 3" and 4" foam. pics of some progress coming up . i also broke down dollar for dollar all of the money i have in this car and put it in an album in my profile marked 27 roadster if anyone is interested in the costs and breakdown of what i have into this !!

Last edited: Jun 10, 2013
  17. HOLLYWQQD

HOLLYWQQD
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from central NY
    1. New York H.A.M.B.ers

some little things getting done but nothing that really stands out !!! threw the lakes headers on to see how they look and although the quality of speedways polished stainless headers blows they did end up looking good !! the windshield posts look decent on there and i didn't have to steal the original ones from my modified so i'm a happy man !! although nothing major , here are a couple pics of the car as of tonight . kustom finished up the shell where we cut it out to clear the radiator fill neck and fabbed up some radiator mounts . hopefully by the end of next week there will be some noticeable progress shots for ya all to look at!!! also flipped the front hairpins to look at them for a while......i'm not sure which way i like them better??????????

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. Hot Rod Trash

Hot Rod Trash

Car is looking great, Steve had it in my garage all last summer. Think I need to find something else like that to take up the spare space again.

19. HOLLYWQQD

HOLLYWQQD
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from central NY
    1. New York H.A.M.B.ers

well i ended up with the day off today so i made some cardboard templates for the interior ,then traced them to some 1/8" masonite and cut them out , fit them up trimmed and sanded and smoothed em out , rounded up my material and ran them to the upholsterer .
    i will post pics as soon as i get these back . i will be making the seat base and back tomorrow and will drop them off next week when i pick these up !! here are a couple pics of the process i use to make interior panels , i'm assuming it is pretty much the way everyone does it !! easy as 123

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. shane85

shane85

You have lots of rad chrome!

21. HOLLYWQQD

HOLLYWQQD
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from central NY
    1. New York H.A.M.B.ers

got a piece of the upholstery back the other day and will get the rest back next week , here is a sample pic of the interior

[​IMG]

also got the radiator mounts and grill shell mounts finalized and added the cool checkered flag V8 emblem to the center of the shell . the fuel tank is mounted and body mounts and reinforcement are being done this weekend

[​IMG]

these pics aren't overly exciting but its progress and the next batch of pics should show significant changes and a really good indication of how this car is shaping up !!

22. HOLLYWQQD

HOLLYWQQD
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from central NY
    1. New York H.A.M.B.ers

i have plenty of shit i could store in your garage if you need to fill space , i just wish you weren't 2.5 hours away i'd fill it right up for ya !!!

;)

23. Hot Rod Trash

Hot Rod Trash

HAHAHAHA I'll rent a Uhaul! Just can't let the wife find out!

24. truckedup 28

truckedup 28

is a 36 chevy. heres my dads

Attached Files:

25. HOLLYWQQD

HOLLYWQQD
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from central NY
    1. New York H.A.M.B.ers

a quick pic of the interior panels !!

[​IMG]

sorry about the crappy pic i will get better ones soon . i pick the seat back and bottom up at the end of this week . i will have a grand total of 725.00 into this interior and that includes the overpriced 3" high density foam from jo ann fabrics ( i hear it is much cheaper at other suppliers ) the heavy marine vinyl pleated and smooth vinyl, the piping,sew foam , and snaps and washers and stainless screws i will be mounting it with , i had the sheet of 1/8" masonite here already but i would figure another 25 bucks for that for a total of 750.00 i have no idea if this is cheap or average or high . i have never priced interior before !! all of my past cars or projects have had pre upholstered seats and metal panels or bomber seats or came with upholstery already done !! i know there is not alot to it ,but i am not sure what average cost would be for this . i spent an additional 25.00 on some really nice low pile rubber backed black carpet to do the floor and seat riser so i'm at 750.00 . let me know if i paid about what i should have !!

Last edited: Jun 24, 2013
  26. HOLLYWQQD

HOLLYWQQD
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from central NY
    1. New York H.A.M.B.ers

if i remember correctly it is a 38 plymouth !! your coupe and your dads coupe are both stunning !!! great job !!

27. hillbilly4008

hillbilly4008
    from Rome NY

So your driving this allready aren't ya? Must be why theres no update.

28. HOLLYWQQD

HOLLYWQQD
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from central NY
    1. New York H.A.M.B.ers

pretty close , i am on a camping trip until Saturday but i dropped a box full of stuff off at kustoms shop before i left so he can get a bunch of stuff done , chassis should be painted and going back together next weekend body work should be done this week so it can get painted next week . it will be at the syracuse nationals july 19th and hopefully will be done a couple days before for a shakedown run or two !! i don't have any progress pics to post but full interior is done and waiting to be installed ,complete steel skeleton has been installed in the body for reinforcement . the driver door opens and closes and just needs a safety latch installed . drive shaft needs to be shortened , windshield stantions going on this thing is what seems to be the biggest hurdle . i bought the speedway polished smoothie posts and i am not too thrilled about how they mount . there is no template or measurements to go by so it's fit and re fit 100 times till its good ,then mount the glass in the posts and secure the unit as a whole to the cowl. had i known that this would be such a Pain in the ASS i would have spent the money on replacement stock style posts and bought a lower frame and went that route. it would have cost about 300 more overall all but would have looked nicer and taken less time !!

jp

no current pics but i promise next weekend i will post about a half dozen new pics showing some progress . i also managed to exceed my original planned budget by a couple grand but i'm sure most of you can relate to that :0 !!

29. hillbilly4008

hillbilly4008
    from Rome NY

Budget? We don't need no stinkin' budget!

30. HOLLYWQQD

HOLLYWQQD
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from central NY
    1. New York H.A.M.B.ers

been busy but nothing overly impressive to show pics of , started on the frame sanding and painted it friday night and saturday morning .

[​IMG]

rolled the suspension back under it and started running brake lines ,got the motor and trans in it today and got it all plumbed and just about ready to fire the motor and make sure it will run .

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

and of course with final body mounts built and all lines run and brakes bled and such ,we figured we better set the body 1 more time and make sure that the interior panels are still good and the floor and seat riser are OK and basically just make sure we arent going to get any surprises after paint on the body and its a good thing we did cause the blister for the firewall distributor clearance turned out to be too small so Kustom is gonna have to pound out a bigger and deeper one tomorrow .

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

next two days are going to be flat out with kustom doing all of the glass repair and reinforcement and getting paint on the body and grill shell . had a couple of club brothers by our side today and yesterday from sun up to sun down cause there is a national show here in syracuse next weekend that i would like this thing to be done for !! i grabbed the body and suspension that got this project rolling back in the first week of May and it will roll to the Nats under its own power Friday morning with full interior and shiny paint . not bad for a couple months and a few bucks :) !!!