Register now to get rid of these ads!

The "Uncertain T"

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Chaz, May 24, 2005.

1. poncho62

poncho62
    BANNED

2. Trying to figure out the rear suspension. looks like a parallel leaf rear with no shackles and no driveshaft. Solid mount tranny to the rear end????

3. the shackles are there. they are yellow. trans is bolted to rear end.

4. ynottayblock

ynottayblock

never saw this thread until today....absolutely entertaining!

5. poncho62

poncho62
    BANNED

I emailed the address in the site and got this back.......I hope he doesnt mind me quoting him

"Hi Poncho,

I've been living in Hawaii since 2003. The "T" was sold to a good friend of mine back in the late '80's. He has it in N. California with serious plans, and the expertise, to completely restore it :)

I've been hoping to start developing a website at SteveScottsUncertainT.com, but I've been struggling financially since moving here, and as a result have been working online 14-18 hours a day... every day :(

I'll add you to my mailing list, and I'll alert you when I finally have the time to start working on it.

All The Best!

Steve

[​IMG]"

6. Thats it in a nut shell ! time after time we have all seen it shop burns down the pooring out of help or like me my shop was ripped off of all my tools four days latter I had boxs coming with HAMBERS extra tools and it helped to get me going again. we take care of our own !

7. Destralo Roach

Destralo Roach

Ok, Nice to see the car in the pics, I had the model when I was a kid, and as far a a gas tank, It didnt need one, thats what the wind up Key was for!!!!;)

......Roach.

8. poncho62

poncho62
    BANNED

I emailed Scott back again and he repiled with this to my email....my remarks are bolded....just thought you guys might want to know that he has read this thread.

Hi Harry... er... Poncho... er... Hairy Poncho? LOL! :)

On 3/4/2011 12:11 PM, poncho wrote:
    <table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"> <tbody> <tr> <td style="font: inherit;" valign="top">Thanks Steve....
    </td> </tr> </tbody> </table> ​
    No... Thank you :)

<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"> <tbody> <tr> <td style="font: inherit;" valign="top">I just wanted to say that I am 58 now and when I was a kid, I had the model of your car and always thought your car was the coolest thing.
    58? You're just a kid :) Cool... and Thanks!

<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"> <tbody> <tr> <td style="font: inherit;" valign="top">The subject of the car came up on that forum that I sent the link to. I did a Google search and came up with your site....There were heated discussions about what happened to you and your car, so thought I would email. I have quoted your return to me on the forum, hope you dont mind....It clears up a lot of questions.
    No problem. Maybe it'll add a little buzz to the thread :)

Speaking of the model, you might want to communicate with one of the guys that I've been keeping in touch with for a couple of years now. I saw his very nice build on ebay, and just had to compliment him on it. His name is Chuck Darnell. I'll send him a copy of this so he knows who you are. Hi Chuck! :)

<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"> <tbody> <tr> <td style="font: inherit;" valign="top">If you get some time, read the thread in that link (4 pages)....A lot of people have good memories of the car
    Thanks, but I've read it several times. I've been lurking around and following some of the hot rodding and model kit forums for quite a while... when I can make the time, or just need a break. There have been many times that I've wanted to speak up, but I absolutely just don't have the time to properly participate and/or respond to emails. I really don't have the time to be writing this to you, but I try to reply to everyone who finds the "Coming Soon... er... Someday" website, especially if they ask to be on the mailing list.

All The Best!

Steve

9. Kan Kustom

Kan Kustom

Steve ,If you are reading this,I can add that when I was a kid, I had a model of your car and guys like you probably could not fathom how many you influenced and what a difference you made in our world. Thanks, Dennis

10. BLUDICE

BLUDICE

I read a few years back that the front and rear axles were mounted direct to the frame and that it was not streetable. Then another post said he had seen the car go down a drag strip just to show it was driveable. Looking at some pictures it looks like there couldn't be much rear spring travel from looking at where the seat is and where the rear end is. Looks like his ass would be on the rear axle. But it's still a cool "T" and I would sure like to see it on the car show circuit!

Attached Files:

11. old tin 38

old tin 38

Steve;Thanks to building that kit in 1967,I got the hotrod bug. I not only still have the hotrod bug[three Willys] but still have the model sitting in my office.I'm looking at it now...that's cool.........Thanks again.:D

12. Was over at a buddys garage today to see his latest hot rod.
    Seems to be an all metal version of the Uncertain T. It's an older "show car" build that was put away years ago.
    The new owner has a SBC blower motor that he will be installing in the near future. No more show car, he wants to drive the wheels off of it!:D
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][/IMG][​IMG]

13. Critical Mass

Critical Mass

Bludice, if you look at page 6 of this thread, there are pics of the bare chassis. There appears to be small torsion bar arms at the front, and the rear end is underslung. It might not have much travel, but there is some suspension there.

14. ss34coupe

ss34coupe

Retrosteel - what's the story on that car?

15. A former local top alcohol Mud Bogger has seen the light, dropped racing , sold his dragster & race gear & rig and just purchased this Uncertain T out of Nanaimo, B.C.
    The car originally was built in Prince George and he had original newspaper clippings from the 80's when it was a show car. He also got that Car Craft magazine with the "original" Uncertain T featured in it.

16. ss34coupe

ss34coupe

I heard that car was built in the 80's here in B.C. It started as a high school shop project, but clearly went a lot farther after the metal work class was done.
    I saw this car at a car meet here in the late 90's, and it looked the same as it does in your pictures. This car is the reason there was a rumour that Steve Scott and the Uncertain T were in Canada - but there were unfounded, as this is not the Uncertain T. A good looking piece tho' thanks for posting the pics.

17. Thanks, for the additional info, I'll be sure to pass it on!
    Yea, you can see the differences between this T and the original Uncertain T. Still a cool ride though!:cool:

18. it would look alot better in my shop.............damn what a cool car,even if its not Scotts UT

19. Everytime i look at the T, it looks like a rod you would have seen on a Ed Roth T-Shirt! It will be even cooler when the blower motor is installed. :cool:
    Stay tuned for more pics!

20. Didn't we do a thread on that about a year or so back? Its up around Vancover BC or one just like it if I recall.[/QUOTE]

I went back through this thread and i hope this solves the mystery about the Uncertain T and it's current location.
    This is the mystery Vancouver Island car that was based on the original Uncertain T. Look closely at the previous three new pictures that i posted and you can see they are two completely different cars.
    Sorry, It's not Area 51, UFO's or Steve moving to the west coast of Canada, or for that matter...... even Elvis.:rolleyes:

21. ss34coupe

ss34coupe

RetroSteel - if you get more pics of this Island car it would certainly be worth starting your own thread. That Uncertain T lookalike has been kept in great condition over the years.

22. The Canadian version of the Uncertain T now sports a polished 6-71 blower on a 406 SBC and it's For Sale!! Check out my recent H.A.M.B. classified ad for more info & pics!
    [​IMG]

23. What time does to hot rod history. The " Uncertain-T " was parted out decades ago. Nobody keeps up with this stuff. Also, the Leg Show T was parted out. It's fun to talk about this stuff, but that's what happened. This was common knowledge if you lived long enough.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2012
  24. Your right, fads come & go all the time and if you live long enough some of them resurface! Look at the ratrod theme and all the Gassers being built. Geez, Speedway even makes a straight axle kit! Alot of the current builders were not even born when these cars were originally built.
    The Uncertain T is a tame version of the indoor 60's show car builds. While not to everyone's taste it reflects a different time in Hot Rodding history!:cool:

25. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

Too true. Leg Show.../ Danny Eichstadt's other car, the chopped, channeled and sectioned '34 sedan was later owned by Bill Franks' Dad...(all were members of the 'Early Times'...)

Bill did some final restoration work on Ak Miller's old 'Caballo de Irro', the American Hot Rod that shivered the timbers of the famous Ferrari team in the '55 Mexican Road race.

Yes, common knowledge among the elders...but Golden Archives, nevertheless.
    Thanks the gods of time I was fortunate to be created in this Holy hour!

26. japar

japar
    from Seekonk Ma

There is just one thing for CERTAIN, I am UNCERTAIN about the where-abouts of this Famous car

Attached Files:

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  27. metalshapes

metalshapes

Dont you guys ever get tired of picking at this scab??

Who ever owns it doesnt want it to be found.

If it even exists, anymore...

Oh well...

28. banjeaux bob

banjeaux bob
    from alaska

Sorry if this has been posted before...

Attached Files:

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  29. You already know the answer to that question!:D HRP