Register now to get rid of these ads!

The Ultimate '55 Chevy 4-to-2 door Conversion!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by So-cal Tex, Apr 6, 2009.

1. jonzcustomshop

jonzcustomshop

then it would look like one of GM's clay models, they did that kind of thing alot in thier styling exercises...

I am thinking of putting some 4 door doors on the right side of my 57 2 door sedan for the same reason.

2. 1320/150

1320/150

A-men

3. Sphynx

Sphynx
    from Central Fl

Nobody wants a more door exept a guy that cant afford a 2 door ,I had a guy with a fair 62 comet 4 door daily driver wanting to trade for my 51 chevy sedan thats a pretty decent car maybe a weeks worth of work to make a driver , he didnt understand that his 4 door wasnt worth as much as a 2 door I mean he even had red wheels .:eek:

4. Kustomkarma

Kustomkarma

Ha Ha. Is that the one on Craigslist? :D Cute car, but I've only got a 2dr Ford product to trade him.

5. I will have some of the inner quarter parts for sale soon if you are interested. They need work, but better than nothing!:D

6. 1954pontiac

1954pontiac
    from o'neill ne

just to add my two cents here, I saw a while back someone was complaining about the title still saying 4 door, Here in my small town of about 3500 people, I have gone to the courthouse on 2 occaisions to get a project titled, I just told them that it needs to say 2 door instead of 4 door " I dont know why it says that but you can look out the front door, the car only has 2 doors" After saying this they had a deputy go check the vin and issued the corrected title :) The less those people know the better. Just for record I always informed buyers of the cars about the swap, Dont need anyone that mad at me when they found out.

7. MrGasser

MrGasser
    from DETROIT

...a question for you guy's that have 2-door donor car's...how bad was your doner car that you couldn't just fix that?

8. So-cal Tex

So-cal Tex

Typically the 2 door donor cars are beyond repair with rust or roof damage.

9. Ours was an old gasser that got sideways and took out the fiberglass flip front end and punched the motor through the firewall and twisted the body shell up pretty bad, the guy parted it out in the 80's and had the shell laying around, and one day he came upon this very clean 4dr, and my smart ass said why not just put the doors and quarters off the gasser on it. he said no that won't work i said want to put a little wager on it? well that was that it was in the shop that night. wished i could find the pics, i am missing about 200 pics, i think they were on my old HD that crashed a few years ago.

10. BulldawgMusclecars

BulldawgMusclecars

I have seen a few of these before, and I have no qualms about them as long as they are done well. Growing up, the 55-57 club I hung out with had a name for 4-door cars. PARTS CARS! I couldn't cut up a nice original 4 door, but the average, rusty, beat up 4 door...why not?

11. akkhotrod

akkhotrod

I know this an old thread but I want to do this to my old 55 so I am subscribing

12. willysguy

willysguy
    from Canada

That's cool, looks good.

13. davsel

davsel

My title says "SDN" in the body type block on a 4 door and the very same on the 2 door 56 BelAir that I had.
    First they don't want to pay anything for a 4 door and NOW they don't want to buy a converted 2 door? They're too cheap to buy anything!

briggs&strattonChev likes this.
  14. Marty4-0

Marty4-0

15. Marty4-0

Marty4-0

Thanks for the photos and detail. I am going to give this a try.