Register now to get rid of these ads!

The Ugly Truck

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Richard D, Nov 18, 2007.

1. SportsterBobber

SportsterBobber
    from Duluth MN

i like the wheels on here dude they look better then chrome slots would

2. Ford F-1 steering box. I think I need to move the whole front end back about 3" so the engine is closer to the firewall.

3. 067chevy

067chevy

need more pictures.

4. What do you need pictures of, specifically?

5. 067chevy

067chevy

pictures showing the whole truck not just front

6. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

You and your Natty Light boxes, you're killing me dude. I believe it's time to crack one open.

7. rebstew187

rebstew187

cool build! anymore progress?

8. Just mounting up the seats, steering column drop, etc. Nothing exciting.

9. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Lookin' good man! Are you running low on beer boxes for templates yet?? ;) Looks like you'll be needing to drink some more beer!! HAHA!!

10. Beer boxes are in abundance around my place.

11. i just knew there was a reason i should be saving empty beer boxes.. lookin great richard..

12. tr12

tr12

what kind of steering box did you use?buildin one like this for myself.yours is comin out really nice...keep us posted

13. Ford F1 steering box and column.I think '48-'52 are all the same.

14. auto shop

auto shop
    from kentucky

I hope the fender police are not watching. Cool trucks.

15. BOBBY FORD

BOBBY FORD

Bad a$$ truck. Comming along Really good! The more you guys drink the better it looks. LOL Thanks, BONNY FORD

16. Thanks for the compliment, Bobby, but you must be drinking a lot of beer too, you misspelled your own name!

17. maybe it was a typing slur:D

18. Maybe, the more he drinks the better it looks...

19. Screenz

Screenz
    from Texas city

Hurry Up!!!!!

20. 46highboypu

46highboypu

If you move the grill back how will you handle the hood. Can the original be cut down, pie cut, or build a new one?

21. rab71

rab71

How's this commin'? Haven't heard a thing... Is it done? :)

22. It won't be making the Roundup, everything is taking two or three times as long as planned. I'm not slowing down too much, however, or it will never get done!

Saturday Louie S. and I extended the rear of the frame, dropping it down along the bottom of the bedsides, and across the back, following the line of what will be the bottom of the tailgate, so I can mount a reciever behind a flip-down rear plate. I plan to make a box, about 2'x4'x18" tall, to slide into the reciever and carry a spare, gas can, etc. You may have seen these, they are commercially availible, but I'm cheap and will make my own. We also mounted the Model T oval fuel tank, along with a little angle iron battery tray.

Last week Louie modified(read: fixed my crap) the steering box mount.

Kyle(TCoupeKyle) helped out last weekend with body mounts; the cab and bed are now solidly mounted to the frame with four bolts each, ought to be suffient. There will be rubber pads between them. Unclee and I worked on the the seat brackets last night, I plan to finish them tonight. All this stuff has been pretty standard fabrication, so I didn't take any in-progress shots. I'll take some photos of the finished product tonight.

I've been somewhat hesitant to post any more on this, since it isn't turning out to be a really traditional car, but if y'all are still interested, I'll keep you updated.

23. houtex63

houtex63
    from houston

don't give up puto, you still got 3 weeks left

24. Not giving up, just being realistic. Still need to figure how to mount the grilleshell. Unclee has been too busy to put the engine together. No wiring, no driveshaft, no brake lines, no winsheild, no air lines. Lights not mounted. To tags or title. And since I'm moving into the house I'm buying the week before Roundup, and my daily driver needs hundreds of dollars worth of repairs, no money. I'll barely be able to afford going to Roundup as it is; houses are expensive, closing costs, etc. Someone call me a WAH-mbulance!

25. houtex63

houtex63
    from houston

damn, didn't know you were moving. keep at it bro...

26. Quit being a whiner

27. Chris Casny

Chris Casny

Alright Richard,
    get it in gear man, you can do it, you had a pretty good plan, but something must have gone wrong, some people predicted you wouldnt make it to the round-up 08, I believed in you, man. Don't be a quitter, lets go. Put the beer down and start welding.

28. Lucky Strike

Lucky Strike

Richard D,

Put that rod on the road man. Send out the word and let us know what you need in the way of parts and help.

29. I still need:
    Tie Rod
    Drag Link
    Custom Driveshaft
    Brake lines
    Fusebox/Wiring
    Windsheild
    Suspension Airlines
    Probably a thousand bucks right there. Plus Roundup costs-hotel, beer, gas, etc. Not to mention moving into the new house weekend before Roundup. I just don't have any extra cash right now, my work car took a shit and HAS to be fixed. I drive 700 miles a week, I can't trust the old Chrysler.
    I ain't giving up; in fact, I am just taking a dinner break before going back out to the garage right now. Just won't be cruizin' it to Roundup, but I will be there.

30. Got the seat mounted. Kinda half ass, but it's in there. I'll try to get the master cylinder in tomorrow. Maybe if I get one bite at a time, something every night, it may happen. I found a cheap mechanic for the daily driver, that's covered. Dave's working on my title. I could put the bags in without a compressor, and air the tank at the gas station. I'm going back out to the garage.