Register now to get rid of these ads!

The Ugly Truck

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Richard D, Nov 18, 2007.

1. Can a fat-fendered truck be stripped down and transformed into a cool hot rod, and not an out-of-proportion, ratty piece of junk? Stay tuned.

[​IMG]
    $25 cab.
    [​IMG]
    Early mock-up. I filled in the corners where the fenders would have been with old beer boxes, I will roll some beads in some sheetmetal, and continue the crease where the firewall meets the cowl.

The aftermath of rusty 66 year old floorboard removal. There is a piece of 1" square tubing in there wich will be a brace.
    [​IMG]
    I was able to salvage the cab corners after trimming 5" off the bottom of the cab. the leftover bits will be just right for patch panels.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I liked the removeable panel on the floorboard, I suppose it was for the battery. I will re-locate it over my floor-mounted master cylinder.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. sharp. is that grill a 40?

3. judging buy the pictures, the answer from me is a big "HELL YEAH". I have a soft spot for old Plymouths anyway.

4. '39 Plymouth car grille.

5. The door jambs were rusted out, so I will shove some 1" in there (that's what she said!) and tie in with the new floor brace.The perimeter of the floor along the back of the cab is pretty much intact, which was a +.
    [​IMG]

6. J Man

J Man
    from Angola, IN

looks like a good start

7. man i just seen that truck in rebel rodz mag!! cool

8. AHotRod

AHotRod

Oh yea.......I love it!

9. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

If you just leave the top alone, figure a stylish way to finish off that grille/nose piece, paint it, and have a finished interior, you'll have a great truck that will stand out in the crowd.

10. Brad S.

Brad S.

Will it be done in time for Round Up?

:D

11. houtex63

houtex63
    from houston

doubt it, lol...

12. Frosty21

Frosty21
    from KY

I was thinking about doing this with an 40,000 original mile, Scrapyard raped '54 international...one day.

Please don't chop it! haha

13. Dakota Kid

Dakota Kid

I like it man.... Its kool when someone takes a less sought after less desire-able project and makes look good. Its makes them more popular around. There are thousands of these trucks stuffed in the trees and still on the road.

14. Big Dad

Big Dad

Looks good ..keep plugging away on it !

15. Louie S.

Louie S.

I vote NO:D

16. jeffrob

jeffrob

this style of truck gets a bad rap, this one looks perfect

17. Many of those trucks get a bad rap,but your mock up says "HELL YEA!" Ive found this one inspiring(for proportion and stance):rolleyes:

18. Maybe if you bastards came and gave me a hand...:mad:

19. One of the trucks that inspired me, and the one below.
    [​IMG]

20. rab71

rab71

Ugky my ARS! That is sweeet! I love that grille on there, I wanted mine to look like that too. Even though mine runs and drives, now I can concetrate on other stuff like making it look cooler. :)

21. Toast

Toast
    from Jenks, OK

Cool truck! I got one of those grills in my garage, looks great on that truck. Keep us posted.

22. garvinzoom

garvinzoom

Nothing ugly about that!!

23. OH YEAH!That one sits just right too.:cool:

24. Brad S.

Brad S.

If you drank something OTHER than BuschLiteweight I might find my way to Texas City. :D

Nah...name the time. I'm sure we could probably meet at your house instead of Jimmies. We could all bring our own beer and stand around and watch you move parts around so you can mock up a different car with what you have in the garage. :D

Speaking of which....how many of those wheels do you have?

25. Big Dad

Big Dad

No, he drinks the really lousy stuff

natty light ..

26. O.K. Dad, you can talk shit about the beer that I so truly love, but the boxes make great patterns...which tomorrow will be transfered into steel, and welded in. And the cans which once resided in said boxes, provide the much need fuel to carry on with this endeavor...

27. First you put your $11 a case beer box in place, spray a little $.99 a can paint on there to mark the profile...
    [​IMG]
    H.A.M.Ber Unclee is in the background helping out by making empty beer boxes...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Stay tuned.

28. wyoming

wyoming
    from My house

i got a 48 f1 for parts for my model a paid $50 for it a buddy of mine is planing on building some thing like this but its getting alot of cutting we just got started tearing the truck apart tonite

29. Big Dad

Big Dad

I call that shit ..

Indian Sex in a canoe beer
    It's fucking near water ...

My neighbor has a pop machine ..every button you push
    natty light rolls out

I will drink it once in awhile ..

30. That makes you allright in my book; and yeah, I got a book.