Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects The Tug Boat gets started

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Drag'n 59, Jul 8, 2008.

1. Drag'n 59

Drag'n 59
    from DALLAS, TX

Here is the history on this truck. It started life as a 1954 chevy (suburban)Texas school bus. We wanted to go GMC front sheetmetal. My dad bought this thing over 10 years ago. I come into work one day and he had already cut the roof off with a saw zaw. I am still pissed about it, but we will make this thing cool. He chopped the windshield down 3" and welded up a few things. He glassed a dash out of a '63 pickup and set it in place years ago. That is about as far as he has gone to this day. It has a early 50's pickup frame which was donated from another truck... mustang II, chevy 10 bolt disc rear and a few custom frame mods. His plans are to put in a mild (I want wild) 292 straight six, 4 barrel intake, cam, lifters, headers and who knows what else. The whole ass end of it will have a wrap around couch seating with coolers under the seats. Im sure it will be awhile before there is another update on the tug, but this is a start...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. George G

George G

Now that's a boat!

3. rjgideon

rjgideon

That thing will be cool. Thanks for posting it.

4. very cool,keep us up to date with your progress

5. Lots of great ideas, that thing will have to have something wild for a paintjob, like seaweed flames or sumpthin'

6. Drag'n 59

Drag'n 59
    from DALLAS, TX

Been a long time... Been stewing over this for awhile. Been talking to the old man about turning it loose so I can get going on this. I do like the seaweed flame idea, or a crazy panel job. Probably going to throw a set of '53 buick headlights on it. Rear doors are already welded up, but would like to make it a fold down tailgate. I will be ripping the '63 dash out to go back stock or something else. Hopefully it won't be another 5 years before an update.