Register now to get rid of these ads!

The Tuck Fire Fund

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Nov 30, 2011.

1. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Tuck, I'm so very sorry to hear the news. This is just heartbreaking.:(

2. f1 fred

f1 fred
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from mn

Paypal sent. Thanks for getting the message out Ryan.

3. Very upsetting news, so very sorry to hear about Tuck's losses. Based on the few threads
    I've come across, Tuck is a very important part of the HAMB family. We all hurt when tragic thing like this happen.

4. Stevie Nash

Stevie Nash

Money sent via PayPal. Poney up HAMBers, we need to help each other out!

Stevie

5. Big Nick

Big Nick

I dont know what I would do in his situation, thats terrible. I through in what I could for now. I got some side work coming up, I will toss more his way.

6. texastramp

texastramp

I just logged on the JJ this morning for the first time in a few days and DAMN .... here's Ryan's post about Tucks fire. This is really a kick in the ass for him. I don't know Tuck in person but I know what he's feeling and it's a bitch. This group on here will help him more that they even realize ........... This post immediately took me back to waking up to my shop fire last Feb and all the bad shit that went with it. But it also takes me to the things that started taking place within hrs on this board and all the people here and how much help it was all around..... I'm not sure how I would have survived it all without the HAMB but thankfully will never have to know.

TUCK .......I wish I knew some really wise shit to say to help but I don't . So just hang in and roll with it. The sincerity here will amaze you.

7. haring

haring

Tokyo Bryan just told me about the fire. So sorry to hear about it. I sent a little to help. Stay strong!

8. Acme Speed Shop

Acme Speed Shop
    from so cal

Donation made to the PayPal account.

Make sure to check out all of the auctions that are up to benefit Tuck. They are all over on the HAMB right at the top of page one.

Lets Go!

9. whens the gang supposed to show up to start the process?

maybe too early .. but i have had good luck with the steel arch buildings... pretty e-z to put up with a little help ...

10. CURIOUS RASH

CURIOUS RASH
    Classified's Moderator

11. lonestar689

lonestar689
    from newport mn

This is horrible news ! We are friends and he is a good guy ! The Delinquents cc are gonna do whatever we can to help our friend Tuck anyway we can ! if you are in mn hit us up please we wanna try to get something together like a benefit show for him , maybe with a silent auction with all proceeds goin to help a brother in need !

12. SuperFleye

SuperFleye
    Alliance Vendor

Oh no!! This is terrible news!! Some Norwegian oil money is sent your way, hope it helps a little bit!!

13. Nappy

Nappy
    from York, PA

Damn. Horrible news. Hang in there, Tuck. Hoping these HAMB efforts help you get back at it soon.

14. HotRodChassis

HotRodChassis
    Alliance Vendor

Money sent from HRCC!! Not as much as I would have like to have sent. but we hope it helps!

15. Dreddybear

Dreddybear

I'm stealing that

16. Diesel627

Diesel627

Yes sir! Anyone in Minnesota Pm me or Justin (lonestar689) we are going to try and put something together with some local bands. Maybe a benefit show, with silent auction like Justin said. So please let us know if you would like to help or you have any ideas! Thanks!!

17. hotrd32

hotrd32
    from WA

A little help sent and I posted this on FB as well.....best of luck with the come back.

18. americanstandard1

americanstandard1

Donation sent...best of luck with the rebuild man!!

19. sinticket

sinticket

We were talking about this last night at the shop. What a tragedy! $50.00 Paypal'ed to ya brother.

20. Canada Jeff

Canada Jeff

God damn, that's heartbreaking. Glad nobody was hurt.

Never met the man, and likely never will, but I'm in. Hopefully it will help some.

21. 296 V8

296 V8
    BANNED
    from Nor~Cal

Ryan
    So howabot an update ..... and is dude getting the cash we been sending?

22. 296v8, look at the auctions i updated everyone...i think he is getting it, but hasn't looked yet...he has been busy and right now out getting tarps and stuff.

23. Holy crap! I'm so sorry Tuck! :-(

I wish I were closer so I could help somehow. Just sent a few bucks.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2011
  24. Diesel627

Diesel627

I have talked to Tuck, when things calm down on his end a little he will be sending pm's and thank you letters to everyone!!

25. Diesel627

Diesel627

Also there will be an official thread up soon for Tucks benifit party! We are still gathering info, and lining up a venue. It will be hosted by The Delinquents cc, and Justin slingsby. We for sure allready have 3 or 4 bands lined up, and a silent auction on site. The benifit will be held here in Minnesota, for sure, either in St Paul, or Minneapolis, in the month of January. We Will keep everyone posted!!

26. Tuck

Tuck
    Tech Editor
    from MINNESOTA
    1. Early Hemi Tech

So I sat down and tried to type this out at least 10 times already and I just decided this reply is going to get posted.

Its kind of hard to articulate what’s going on inside my head right now. I swear to god my brains been burning fuel non-stop… and at the end of the day I feel like I got hit by a truck.

This one is on the fly-->

I love you guys.

Period.

All of you.

Even T-Man.

My first reaction is to want to give each and every one of you a giant HUG. Bro hug or whatever for those of you that are sensitive to the idea of men hugging. I’m perfectly good with it.

I mean it.

Words can’t describe how I feel right now.

I’ve been all over the place emotionally. I want you to know that I’m hand writing thank you cards to each and every one of you that’s helping and helped already.

It’s no longer my garage against the world. It’s ours…

This experience has changed my life forever. I’m not the same. Nor is the way I’ll look at the world, the hamb, my family, my friends… anything…

Everything was kicked upside down, shaken out, stirred up and has simmered out into a hash you couldn’t write a recipe for. It’s perfect.

When I look at all the auctions and everything I just get light headed and all balled up. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve dry heaved and had nothing to throw up… with all of this comes this feeling that I don’t deserve this… there are other people worse off than me. I’m blessed with so much its just as good if it goes to the next guy.

I was questioning everything after the fire.

I was scared of the help… a wave of terror came over me when I first heard of Ryans post. I can’t explain why…

I think I’ve put it all into perspective though… with a lot of calls from my friends and some heavy conversations… I know what to do with this opportunity to start over.

Bleed told me… what you do is you take this help… and you OWN IT. Every time he gives me advice it’s as if he’s able to effortlessly distill everything down to some basic truth or principle.

Littleman used his truck as an analogy… you just don’t give up. You blow an engine and then rebuild and you go faster. I’d like to think it’s just like that… the whole idea of that truck makes me smile.

Lots of you guys have called to console me and give me sound advice. From friends I talk to almost daily to some I've only met once.

I’ve always felt I’ve been a giving person- by default (comes from my mom) I don’t really think of it. I just love share knowledge and explain the process of things.

I really do love this stuff hard core… it’s like the fuel that feeds the hellfire in whatever it is we do, I just can’t imagine life without hot rods and engines and metal flake and sharing those experiences with friends along the way....

Car shows at some point ceased to be about cars anymore. More about these relationships we forged with each other… That stuff in the shop was the foundation upon everything that inspires me… so it was a deep personal blow when this happened.

I felt as if a portion of my soul had burned in that fire.

I’ve been reflecting pretty much non-stop. I’ve been thinking of all the people that have helped me get to where I’m at in life… all that people that have helped me stay afloat on my own.

My mom giving me green light to use that building (were neighbors)- we started with a dirt floor. It was a slow progression and each step of the way some kind of triumph.

And I am FAR from perfect.

Constantly learning… like all of us.

At the end of the day, I’m left with the feeling of not being able to wait to rebuild.

It’s because of you guys.
    I keep telling myself I’m going to be fine-

The rebuild started for me today… it’s ON!

All of you, my friends, and family are rooting for me and I’m not about to let anyone down. I woke up bright and early this morning and the first thing I did was put on my long johns… Kanada’s COLD.

I got dressed and headed for the shop---->

The state fire marshal, the adjuster, the special investigator showed up yesterday- it was an all day ordeal, I think the spec investigator left at 10 or so he was supposed to be here today but because snow was coming he came last night.

Lots of big lights and he couldn’t determine the cause either…- Best idea is that it started in the wall, electrical. They’ve all been nice and I’ve been terrified that someone was going to point the finger at me for something and the building wouldn’t be covered either.

I guess we really haven’t got official word on that but it sounded like were covered on the building.

The worst part is not really knowing how it started... i just keep running over all the scenarios in my head... wishing i could be a fly on the wall and watch where and how it started.

I stayed up talking with mom until one a.m. I think… going over a check list of things to do.

I spent all day digging though ruble looking for treasure. I want to save it all… all that old stuff is so precious, it has a story.

I don’t care if it’s a flathead water pump… I want save it from the crusher. I want to keep as much of the original stuff for each project as I can-

Some of it’s stuff you hambers helped me to get or make…

I found something, while sifting though all this debris, fielding phone calls, hearing about the hamb and the email alerts on my phone… I’ve found plenty of hope.

I plan to salvage everything I can salvage. Its just work… and I have no problem with work. I’m gonna work harder than ever.

I was looking for the porcelain spark plug insulators for my hemi… found six of eight and kept thinking… if I could find two more its ON.

Then it was on to digging trying to pull out all the spark plug tubes… counting… and looking for the washers… each time feeling like I made a little personal victory…

I emptied water out of the engines I could, oiled them up… worked on them to get them to spin… each one I got to move was a hell YEAH.

The difference is… I thought I would be sick doing this stuff… but I’m not sick. I’m energized… looking forward to fixing everything I can and saving this stuff.

I’m not crushing anything that isn’t junk.
    I plan to recycle everything I can.

I put out a barrel for copper and I have one for aluminum.
    The steel we will cart off to the local recycle place and by steel I mean stuff that is JUNK STEEL.

That burned out shoebox has a rust free frame… inner fenders might be ok? You know? I dunno where you draw the line… but I know when stuff goes to the crusher its gone for good…. And I hate that feeling.

I get emotionally attached to everything. Even seemingly mundane things like steel stools in the shop. They all carry good memories.

I’ve found sockets trapped in what was molten aluminum in the fire, previously mag wheels and cragar adapters. It’s crazy. Finding carb bases with no sign of any pot metal anywhere… I’m totally humbled by the destruction a fire can cause... The damage...

I’ve been jumpy too… and I doubt that’s going away any time soon. I plan to share some info I’ve learned from this later… which I hope helps some of us prevent what happened to me insurance wise.

I’ll do my best to keep you guys updated with everything… every step of my rebuild I’ll share here. I don’t hope… I know that I will give all of this support and help back in some way.

We plan on having clean up day on sat… I think we have enough help coming…

Tokyo said he would post for me today and I think he did in the Auction section. Come anytime after 9 if you want- and you can spend the night- my mom runs a retreat business and has a cottage that the quilting ladies stay in that has open beds.

I’m sure Bryans got all the details down cause hes good at that.
    I can’t thank you guys enough.

But for me this is a start. And there is more on the way,

Call me if you have any questions ok? 715.379.3479 I don’t mind the phone calls.. My battery does though. If I don’t answer I’ll call back!

Everything I got in me,
    Tuck

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 2, 2011
  27. stude_trucks

stude_trucks

Good words Tuck. I've never met you, but hope to some day. You seem like a stand up guy to me and I'm sorry this has happened to you. I wish you the very best luck getting back on your feet as fast as possible. Stuff can be replaced, just glad you're still here to do it.

It's all just part of life's crazy journey, some ups and some downs. Look forward to next ride up. You have got to have some bad along the way to fully appreciate the good. Just the way it is.

28. NortonG

NortonG
    Member Emeritus

29. 39 sledge

39 sledge
    from p.a.

hang in there buddy!sledge.:cool:

30. hotrd32

hotrd32
    from WA

Don't know you personally Tuck but I know you.......great to hear the optimism and fight in your statement.....rooting for you all the way!