Register now to get rid of these ads!

The transformation of my Model A coupe...now fenderless!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by xadamx, May 27, 2013.

1. MATACONCEPTS

MATACONCEPTS
    BANNED

Women cut their hair, get extention, . . . we chop the top, ditch the fenders, . . .

2. MATACONCEPTS

MATACONCEPTS
    BANNED

Hey wait a minute! Isn't that the coupe you weren't suppose to chop?

3. rottenleonard

rottenleonard

-1 for fenders, I really like the look of just the aprons. I think it gives a nod to the Drive them to work all week, then drop the fenders for some dry lake racing on the weekend crowd back in the day. I believe it was common to leave the aprons so you didn't have to lift the body to get the fenders off and on.

4. JohnnyZ

JohnnyZ

I just recently bought a model a cowl and want to find out exactly what body style it originated from. Most cowls I see have seperate gas tank covers but mine is a one piece cowl with no seams visable. The windshield post have been removed and appear to have been spot welded on, most seem to be molded to the cowl. The space between the doors and hood seem to be wider than most than i have seen!! Is this possibly a commercial "AA" cowl and might it be from a roadster pick-up??? The firewall is sunk into the cowl rather than bubbled out like others I have seen. This thing is 100% original and never been messed with, it even has the original dark green paint in some spots.Being from Buffalo, I consider this to be almost in excellent shape!!! My goal is to build some kind of roadster pick-up!!! Any help out there???:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: P.S. If anybody in the Buffalo N.Y. area has any 30-31 body parts or a cheap frame let me know. I,ll have the wife upload some pics after dinner tonight!! Thanks in advance. DSC01149.jpg

DSC01145.jpg

Last edited: May 28, 2013
  5. xadamx

xadamx

Well put.

Haha, it is...indeed! The old girl has been through a lot in the past 18 months!

Exactly what I was thinking. And, Model A frames are kind of boring anyway...and since I plan on someday reinstalling the fenders, I figured I'd leave them on. But, who knows...they might be off by mid-summer considering how it's been going!

6. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I liked the purple spark plug wires. :(.................:D

Hey, the paint isn't black is it? Real dark brown? Nice.

7. xadamx

xadamx

The paint is a custom PPG color...there's a code on the can and it also says "dark neutral," but that might just be the base? Oh, the plug wires were more of a lavender/perrywinkle!

8. MATACONCEPTS

MATACONCEPTS
    BANNED

Hey, Drive it to Bad Bobs BBQ @ Legg Lake Sat Morning so we could really check it out

9. onelowponcho

onelowponcho

I'd like to see it with out the aprons. The fenders look horrible! You should send them to me.

10. Anderson

Anderson

It looks awesome fenderless....then I saw the fendered shots, put em back on!!! That thing is sinister either way.

11. 53Chuck

53Chuck
    BANNED

It's a sweet car any way you slice it, in a democracy I'd vote fenders on.

12. Very nice car.
    Full fendered, gets my vote.
    Aprons by themselves..never understood that look, doesn't work for me.

13. Race City Rodz

Race City Rodz

Fenders, like HRP said, makes the stance look killer IMHO, but usually I like them fenderless.

14. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

29 Town Sedan. Howz 'bout doin an intro and joining the party? Those TS cowls lend well to us who can't decide if we like the 28-9 or 30-1.

15. 52ragtop

52ragtop
    from Nebraska

Yeah I like it both ways,, The aprons on with fenderless is a nice touch seldom seen..
    If you were going with fenders I would bob the rears a bit

16. yellow wagon

yellow wagon
    from WI

17. 117harv

117harv

Yes it looks good with fenders but I like it better without them. I like the skirts too, as previously mentioned in this thread they were left on back in the day as it was easier not to remove them as the fenders were going back on after some racing...nice ride.

18. titus

titus

It looks good with out but yeah, the fenders are killer.

19. michael037

michael037
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

theHIGHLANDER has it right on that cowl, although here we call them Briggs body cowls. I think the version of the coupe with fenders looked really tough though.
    Michael

20. chrisman

chrisman

Great looking car, with or without! May I ask what tire combo you are using? And is the rear crossmember raised on it? Sits just right, I think. :)

Last edited: Jun 6, 2013
  21. xadamx

xadamx

The rear and front crossmembers are in their stock positions, and the tires are 5.00/5.25-16 and 7.00-16. I feel like the back tires could be a size taller.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

22. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

If it started out with fenders I'd say it looks soooo rad. But knowing how it looked I just can't say this is an improvement. It looks bitchin but the fenders made this car. You can easily swap them on and off though....

23. pumpman

pumpman

Second the fenders, looks like it's waiting to kick some ass. Really nice car dude.

24. cakes

cakes

if it were mine it would have the fenders on it, it looks that much better

25. Elrod

Elrod