Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest The Tom Medley Fire...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Jan 13, 2012.

1. barebones32

barebones32

2. Stu Padasso

Stu Padasso

Celebrate Tom's 92nd birthday on 3-20, with a donation towads rebuilding his coupe!

3. barebones32

barebones32

A lot has been going on in the shop. Plenty of progress being made. I'll post an update on www.hotrodscustomstuff.com later this weekend, and let the HAMB community know when I do.

4. redlinetoys

redlinetoys
    from Midwest

I have my t-shirt and LOVE it. This rebuild is a great story. Looking forward to updates!

5. barebones32

barebones32

6. Wow, you guys are doing an awesome job on Tom's car!! It's great thing when hot rodders pitch in to help a buddy out during a tough time.

I met Tom a few years back at one of Bruce's (Jocko's Speed Shop) Christmas parties. Nice guy. We talked about Go Karts for a long time.

7. It's coming along well. Tom has to be thrilled.

8. barebones32

barebones32

9. mj40's

mj40's

What's the story on the hood Tom had? It sure looks familiar.

[​IMG]

10. Steves32

Steves32
    from So Cal

I made a couple of donations at GNRS. Tom was there signing & personalizing the poster for his car build. Money well spent IMO.
    Here's one he signed for me. The others I had him do were gifts.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. barebones32

barebones32

12. Grate of all the people and business doing this

13. 32STUPRES

32STUPRES

14. barebones32

barebones32

Since the last update, we’ve been busy. Finished all of the body work and it’ll go to our paint shop next week. We matched the paint from a spare can of it that Tom had tucked away in the garage. It survived the fire, though it was solidified. We fit the headers from Image Street Rods, and they solve a number of fitment problems. You may want to consider them for your next tight fit engine installation. We should have the Jag rearend back from Curt Hamilton in the next few days. The steering column has been fit and that allowed us to finish up the work on the firewall. Pictures can be found at: http://www.hotrodscustomstuff.com/latest-stuff/stroker-s-tom-medley-s-1940-rebuild-project.html
    Also, see the notice there about the Vintage Air deal being made available to a limited number of Medley Fund donators.

15. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Progress in the making, It's really starting to look good.

16. Looking really good.

17. 32STUPRES

32STUPRES

18. barebones32

barebones32

Once again, we've been pumping work into Tom's coupe. For the first time since before the fire, the car has color on it. We matched the paint to a can of it that Tom had stashed away in the garage. Yes, the can and the paint suffered but we were able to get an accurate color sample from it. See the fenders and some of the other smaller parts on the website. http://www.hotrodscustomstuff.com/latest-stuff/stroker-s-tom-medley-s-1940-rebuild-project.html

Also, right at the top of the article is a once in a lifetime offer direct from Stroker. He's offering up an original embossed copper Stroker award plaque (see below) to one person who makes a donation to the cause. See the details at the website above.

Stroker McGurk Awardsmall.jpg

19. Lil32

Lil32

Coming over for this years LA Roadster Show will we be able to make a donation there Maybe Tom will be attending Regards Lil32

20. barebones32

barebones32

Go to the website above for pix of Tom at the shop last week as well as the body in paint.

21. Ebbsspeed

Ebbsspeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Man, that thing is being beautifully resurrected. Kudos to everyone volunteering and donating so much to do this.

22. barebones32

barebones32

23. barebones32

barebones32

24. rd martin

rd martin
    from indiana

what a great group of people. tom has got to be in heaven! i sure hope i have the good luck to see him again, with that 40 finished. im so happy for him!

25. barebones32

barebones32

I've updated the Tom Medley (Stroker McGurk) coupe restoration webpage on the Hot Rods & Custom Stuff website. Take a look and see the progress so far:
    http://www.hotrodscustomstuff.com/la...d-project.html

Also, look for the coupe (and Tom) at the LARoadster Show on Father's Day weekend at the Fairplex in Pomona. Hot Rods & Custom Stuff will have a booth featuring Tom and the coupe in Building 4. Stop by and see for yourself.
    <!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

26. racer67x

racer67x

man that thing is looking good..Tom will be happy and cruisin' soon by the looks of it
    nice job!!

27. barebones32

barebones32

As of yesterday evening:
    The body is on the chassis, and the doors and trunk lid have been hung.
    Powermaster ponied up a starter and alternator.
    Glass is being readied for installation.
    More parts are being installed on the car every day until we take it up to Pomona for the LA Roadster Show on Father's Day weekend. Take a break from the sun and look for us, the car and Stroker in Building 4.

http://www.hotrodscustomstuff.com/latest-stuff/stroker-s-tom-medley-s-1940-rebuild-project.html