Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods The Tindall Coupe Build: From Start To Finish

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Tindall, Jun 16, 2010.

1. Tindall

Tindall

2. vegas

vegas

Beautiful car! Puts my bucket to shame!

3. olpaul

olpaul

The purest are going to cry, but it looks great.

4. Just want to add my congratulations on building such an outstanding car.
    Well done young man.

5. boutlaw

boutlaw

Stunning car, what a great first project. You and Dad work well together and the craftsmnanship is certainly reflected in this car. You should be proud.

6. miraclepieco

miraclepieco
    BANNED

Wow, that was absolutely heart-breaking to see an original virgin Model A survivor cut up like that. What, you couldn't find a beater to chop? At least all the other stockers out there are that much more valuable now.

7. langy

langy
    Member Emeritus

Thats a beautiful car and thats all you had to say !!! Huh

8. Your on the wrong forum if you dont like to see HOT RODS being built!

Nice car!

9. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

The hobby is in safe hands..... Amazing work my friend..... amazing.

10. Old Roadster

Old Roadster

Great Work now drive the HELL out of it and enjoy........

11. Jealous.

Fantastic car dude.

12. general gow

general gow
    Staff Member

troll.

13. Johnny C.

Johnny C.

Awesome build and craftsmanship. Love the stance and look. Hats off to you on one killer car and build.

14. rodncustom

rodncustom

I'm assuming that you're joking.

Great car!

15. Great car and really nice kid(Kid? Actually I think Matt just turned 20!!!). I spoke briefly with him last year @ the Jalopyrama and was as impressed by his demeanor and humility as I was by the car. He's a young man that is quick to give credit to those who helped out on the car and someone who should make all of us old timers feel good about the future of the hobby. Keep up the good work, Matt. You make us all proud.

16. Beautiful car! What's next?

17. Tindall

Tindall

1964 427 merc comet and a 1939 ford cabriolet 40's custom

18. Inland empire hot rods

Inland empire hot rods
    from so cal

to say you have skills is an understatement, great work "kid"

19. Matt, man thats about the best model A build I have ever seen. What a neet car, your only 20????? I would love to see what you can do in 20 more years.

20. Must have dozed off at the point you replaced most of the bottom of the car and floors from front to back. Not everything still shiney is a gem. Look at HROD50's thread.

Great job. Wish my first car would have turned out half as nice. I know not exactly your first, but to this day I've never had a car that nice. Good for you.

Go out and find a nice Merc and cut it up.

Doug.

21. I just came across this thread and read through the whole thing.
    Awesome car,great build thread.
    Nice to see very talented and detail oriented younger builders.
    Congrats !!!

22. miraclepieco

miraclepieco
    BANNED

It was complete and original. Coupe bodies that need patch panels can be found easily; there is no need to destroy an original survivor. Matter of fact, it took all of 10 seconds on the HAMB classifieds to find a likely candidate:
    http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=661676&highlight=model+body

I was a member of the Model A Ford Club of America long before I was a HAMBer. I've come to really appreciate all that has transpired for them to make it through to today. In my book this thread should be retitled: "16-year old kid destroys irreplaceable classic."

When I built my '31 pickup, I made sure to use all cast-off and reject parts, swap meet stuff only. Came out great, without taking an original out of circulation.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 15, 2012
  23. Wow, this has come up a real treat. Awesome stuff.

24. jick

jick
    from london

I was a member of the Model A Ford Club of America long before I was a HAMBer. I've come to really appreciate all that has transpired for them to make it through to today. In my book this thread should be retitled: "16-year old kid destroys irreplaceable classic."

wow....that is one of the dumbest comments ive ever seen on this forum.

Tindall, you've built a fucking beautiful hotrod, well done dude!

25. cheepsk8

cheepsk8
    from west ky

I've resisted the urge to weigh in about this car and thread, but Matt you have done a wonderful job on a car that obviously needed a facelift. I have built several street rods and each one of them have started with a complete , original car and I am as sentimental as the next guy. There are supposedly a half a million Model As out there, PLENTY for restorers and hot rodders alike. Keep up the great work and you have restored my faith in your generation of builders. So refreshing to see the young guys bending old iron and I bet it doesn't sound like a weedeater!!!!!!!!!!!!!

26. n847

n847

That car if F'n rad!

27. navypainter

navypainter

Awesome looking ride! Don't worry about what some assholes say about what to start with. Glad to see another one on the road.

28. VoodooTwin

VoodooTwin
    from Noo Yawk

Your pickup looks fantastic! But all those parts that you took out of circulation can be used by restorers to put originals back on the road. Shame on you! ;):p

29. Model A Vette

Model A Vette

I watched an episode of American Pickers where Frank bought a '29 Coupe and his appraiser said he paid too much at $8000 because they made over a million Model A cars.
    I suspect there are enough still around for this car to be "sacrificed" in this terrific build!

30. Just for that I'm going to ruin a lot of cars. I mean A LOT. THOUSANDS..... Every model A that comes through my garage is getting the Shit hot rodded out of it.