Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects The tin is still out there

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 73RR, Oct 26, 2008.

1. 73RR

73RR

Greetings to all. I just finished an 8-day road trip from Central Oregon thru Eastern Washington across Northern Idaho then stopping in NW Montana for a few days. The return trip went thru SW Monatna across Central Idaho and back to Bend. Folks, the tin is still out there, and very visible as I drove along. I traveled mostly on secondary roads; state and county instead of the interstate routes. Now, I'll take the 40 lashes for not having a camera available for most of the trip, but I did get a couple of shots on the last leg. Enjoy.

This first group is in Ontario, Or. As the street sign shows it is right on state hwy 201.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This Dodge was on hwy 20 right in the middle of Burns, Or.
    [​IMG]

and the last 2 shots are from hwy 20 on the West side of Hines, OR, located right next to a BLM facility. The pics may not show the individual details but through binoculars I spotted trucks from the late 30s, cars from the late 40s and numerous 50s and 60s stuff.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. BEAR

BEAR

holy shit!!

3. loggy

loggy

Just back myself from a 2500mile road trip round arizona,nebraska n cali with the missus,checked the pics,got something like 1000photos of old motels,big landscapes and (mostly!)old cars we saw on our travels....theres' still some great stuff out there:)

(i'll do a thread myself........eventually!)

4. hotrodsneverdie

hotrodsneverdie

Guys,
    There is NOTHING in north idaho or NW Montana. No need to waste your time up here!!!:D:D
    dan

5. 73RR

73RR

Dan, from memory now...how about a project 't' in Shelby Mt? it sits on a street corner not far from the 'town pump'. How about a 55 Dodge 1-t sitting at the 'curb' in Pendroy, Mt? Maybe a 65 Mustang next to an old garage in Kooskia, Id? Or a 53 Cad in McCall, Id? Must not forget about the late 40's GMC (?) delivery in ...oh shit memory fading....maybe Milltown, Mt? and more late 40's and early 50's Ford pickups than I can recite. Have you looked through the junkyard in Browing, Mt, right at the West edge of town?
    It is out there.

6. captainjunk#2

captainjunk#2

some awesome metal , hope it gets saved

7. Pir8Darryl

Pir8Darryl

When I drove a truck, my 2 favorite places to visit were #1, Texas, and #2, the area of eastern Tennessee, N. Carolina, and S.E. Kentucky. Those areas have more hidden antique tin than anywhere else!

8. Noland

Noland

I would bet they got a mile of cars there

sorry reminded me of used cars

9. SOCAL PETE

SOCAL PETE
    from Ramona CA

No Shit!
    Nice finds...That 39 truck....man.
    I concure the tin is still out there.
    Actually a lot of it is coming out now. It is sick what i have found just in the last week.

10. milltownrodz

milltownrodz