Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods "The Texas Playboy"... '32 Ford Street Roadster...1959 style.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bass, Jan 20, 2011.

1. retro rodder

retro rodder
    from cape cod

two words; LOVE IT

2. Jobe

Jobe
    from Austin, Tx

Damn that interior looks fine...incredible package. May I assume it will be at the Round Up to view in person?

3. ERNST

ERNST

^ you may -cyall at the Round Up!

4. Bass

Bass
    from Dallas, TX

That is...if the roadster and I don't run away together first! I love this thing!

Steve, you'll have to give me conjugal visits with the '32 every now and then. Haha... :)

5. Well done. That is what a '32 Highboy is supposed to look like.

Did anybody take any pictures of it at the Dallas Autorama with its 'period correct' display?

6. nolly

nolly

Many a true word said in jest!!.......:p:rolleyes:

7. ERNST

ERNST

You got it my friend!
    after all your are "The Texas Playboys"...Godfather;)

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  8. 31chevymike

31chevymike

Mr. Bass - Words just cannot describe how stunning the "Texas Playboy" ended up... I was hooked completely on hot rods back in '87 (I was 23 at the time) while I was asked to become Art Director for a local hot rod magazine called "Golden Chariots" based in Long Island, New York. While producing the mag in my apartment, then finally had some funds to open an office with my Editor, Emil Milano, we continued to promote our east coast rod and custom magazine, shooting car features at the local car shows. It was my very first '32 Ford 5 window coupe that I photographed at a GoodGuys show that simply put the hooks in my chest for good... And to this day, it is uncommon to see a period perfect hot rod done in a caliber such as the "Texas Playboy"... I thoroughly enjoyed the video, proud of the fact that you live by the honor of driving your hot rods - ENUF SAID!!

9. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

Brian, Steve, Sean... Way to go!! You guys have created an incredible car -- can't wait to check it out again at the Roundup.

Malcolm

10. dgg-dt1948

dgg-dt1948

That is one sweet Rod! I know this thread is old, but it still an incredible build.

11. Bill Van Dyke

Bill Van Dyke

Built my first deuce in '56 and built a total of 5 through the years. Still collecting parts for the "last" one. You nailed the period perfect! Afraid we didn't do that nice of work with cutting torches and stick welders though. Perfect stance and proportions..tough to do. Great to know guys like you are carrying the torch. Keep that youngster involved too!

12. Still hard to beat a 32 roadster for sheer cool. That car screams VINTAGE HOT ROD!!
    The interior is beyond top shelf. An amazing amount of tasteful detail in a limited amount of space. Monster thumbs up!!

13. erlomd

erlomd

What a great car! the interior just blows me away, that is one of the most beautiful roadsters I've seen. Saw it in person at GNRS looks great

14. Mac30

Mac30
    1. S.F.C.C.

Wow!!! That's nice!

15. Mart

Mart

Wow what a beautiful job - it's a credit to all involved.

Mart.

16. Number_Six

Number_Six
    from Minnesota

Detail is fantastic.

Your welding is not just craft; it's art! Wowzer!

17. Rough Stock

Rough Stock
    from Austin, Tx

Fat Lucky invited me over to shoot a few pics of the Texas Playboy while he was working on it. I decided to take my dad's old 35mm film camera and some high contrast b&w film and shoot it all with a 50mm prime lens.Hope y'all dig them.
    Cheers.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 11, 2011
  18. ERNST

ERNST

Love the b&w photos-thanks for sharing them/ cya @ the Lone Star Roundup 2012

19. tikidiablo

tikidiablo
    from so cal

Beautiful! FatLucky's work looks flawless! No wrinkles, no puckering, weird stretching, or wonky pleats. Even the intersection of the piping is nice and flat. Class is dismissed!

20. NSTLGA 33

NSTLGA 33
    from australia

In a sea of 32 roadsters so many can get it so wrong, and then there are few that get it right, that car is up there with all the classics, Walker Morrison, Doane Spencer etc, man you absolutely nailed it in every respect, its a timeless classic, if my brookville roadster I'm building looks half as good as that I will be happy.
    I am blown away.:cool::cool::cool:

21. Shaggy

Shaggy
    from Sultan, WA

This has been on here for months, i still am blown away every time i look at it!

22. WhiteDevilsCC

WhiteDevilsCC
    from Spring Tx.

I met the owner of this car today at a rest stop in Arkansas. He was telling me about this car so I had to check it out. Badass car and a super nice guy.

23. Harms Way

Harms Way

24. Hellbentrodder

Hellbentrodder
    from Cotati

My GAWD! How did i miss this. It's perfect.

25. Mooseman

Mooseman

Yip one hugely awesome build, Bass is one big thin metal rectangular measuring device.

26. sololobo

sololobo

TEXAS NEWS FLLASH!! God makes special apperance at hotrodders shop to appoint him "GOD OF HOT ROD BUILDS'. Local residents say it was awesome when the big guy pointed at Mr. Bass and a lightning bolt shook and a halo appeared over his head with a little hot rod racing around it. ~sololobo~

27. 117harv

117harv

28. Hell yeah. Bass' I'Gram feed has a bunch of cool stuff, including the Texas Playboy and his new to him, historic Waco B/SR 1932 TEXAS roadster survivor, bobbed rear fenders and all. Glad to see this thread again.

29. alchemy

alchemy

Sounds worth it to me. The damn chrome bill was probably more than the body from Brookville.