Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects the TELSTAR is not dead yet...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Kustom7777, Dec 3, 2013.

1. Kustom7777

Kustom7777
    from Austin, TX

update: we recently bought a house with a two car garage, so the telstar will finally get some attention again after two long years of sitting.....it'll take me a little while to get the home shop all set up, but when i do, i will be hitting it hard. in the meantime, here are some renderings a friend of mine, cory vaughn did of the car..i rattled off some of my plans and he came up with these killer renderings,,,,he truly captured the essence of what was in my head....

Attached Files:

2. teddyp

teddyp

hi jim
    good to here your back at it

3. Good to hear Jim looking forward to some updates!!

4. fur biscuit

fur biscuit
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

ah, my favorite thread of postponement.

5. Nice........

6. Good to hear! look forward to seeing some progress. If life would just stay out of the way, we could all get a lot more done!!

7. fleet-master

fleet-master

^^^ AMEN to that Eric!!

8. Good to stumble across an update, Jim! When you get fired up again, maybe out a link on the end of the old thread...that way all of us droolers can keep up again :D

9. Noland

Noland

very good news. glad to hear your still keeping after it.

10. Lone Star Mopar

Lone Star Mopar

Too cool, always enjoy following that build. Dig your style. .

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

11. Squablow

Squablow

This is one of the cars I was hoping to see updates on. Not sure if I'm feeling the 80's Corvette rear glass, but the drawings look good otherwise.

12. flynbrian48

flynbrian48

Good! I like to see projects that take as long as mine, with as many side-tracks and detours…

Brian

13. I was starting to wonder what had happened to it.

14. chopolds

chopolds
    from howell, nj
    1. Kustom Painters

Keep the torch lit, brutha!

15. Kinky6

Kinky6

Just from the sound of it, that back glass may seem out of place, but the profile drawing of the "1955 Laga" with that back glass reminds me of some of the early '50's Ghia studio design studies. The high, sharp fins that resemble the "Lil Bat" seem out of place to me. That is a markedly late '50's style fin on an early '50's body, and, to me, they don't work well together. The Laga drawing seems to flow better.

Later, Kinky6 :cool:

16. GEBHARD

GEBHARD
    from TX...

Awsome, ive loved watching this project over the years was hoping it didnt die. Keep at it man!

17. Kustom7777

Kustom7777
    from Austin, TX

the drawings cory did were just IDEAS...the vette rear window will not be happening,,,he knows i have a cutoff date as far as parts i will use. as tempting as it is sometimes, i won't be using anything newer than 1961 on the car..he was basically showing the SHAPE of the glass would be close,,,the car will resemble a cross between the drawing in the lower left and the drawing in large drawing in the middle of the page... thanks for the interest and the encouragement guys, it means more than you know

18. Firefly

Firefly

Awesome news Jim.

As they say 'slowly, slowly catchee monkey' .... now get after that sucker :)

19. Cory is one fine turkey.

20. rodknocker

rodknocker

Glad to you haven't lost interest in it, hate to see these projects on CL after you know a guys dreams were lost due to life getting in the way. Can't wait to see some updates.

21. Yay! Glad to see this will be getting going again. I like the renderings.
    Kind of reminds me of this Fiat 8V Supersonic. YOu could do a lot worse than pilfer ideas from this masterpiece. Especially the cut off fins.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]