Register now to get rid of these ads!

History The (T) Bucket List

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Jive-Bomber, Mar 29, 2016.

1. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

SOME FROM THE NET SORRY IF REPOSTS
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Koz

Koz

None looks better than Cottons' T's. Also there is a flat black and red one built in his style, (back when this color combination was just starting to reappear), flatty powered, that was featured in American Rodder a few years back. Just gorgeous! Anybody have the article they can post up here or pics of this car. No sure if it was built by Cotton Werksman.

3. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Ummm...... 60's and earlier. PLEASE.:rolleyes:

Katuna and Late to the Party like this.
  4. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

:rolleyes: That is a bloody awful POS :eek:

Quite a restrained response Fred :D
    Good for you :)

Last edited: Oct 19, 2016
    tfeverfred likes this.
  5. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Can't let one bad apple, screw up the whole gawd damn pie.

6. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Found this gem on the Jalopyrama thread. IMO........ outstanding. Yea, it's got a couple quirks, but you really have to look for them and they're easy to ignore.

[​IMG]

7. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

8. Yamaha970

Yamaha970

I call mine a t-bucket..not sure if it's a traditional t-bucket or no but it's fun as hell to drive... IMG_20160103_113638108.jpg

EVL401 and quick85 like this.
  9. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

mad mikey and need louvers ? like this.
  10. Hackerbilt

Hackerbilt

Theres just something about the small headlights that really appeal to me.

11. banjorear

banjorear

Agree with you 100%. Hated them, now love them. In fact, I'm really thinking of buying an original T Touring. I saw one at Hershey with Buffalo wires and I was just knocked out. Throw a Rajo OHV engine and call it done.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2016
  12. steel rebel

steel rebel
    Member Emeritus

Really Yamaha It wouldn't take much to make your T a real head turner in the right way. Click on Blue One's suggested thread and read the first few pages or so. It looks like most of us you are building on a budget. With some nice wheels and tires low back seat, steering shaft cut down some it could be a pretty Kool Bucket.
    Read the thread highlighted below and post more pictures after a few changes.
    Gary

need louvers ? likes this.
  13. F.O.G

F.O.G
    from Pacific,Mo

Just about finished with one that I pieced together over the last year. Powered by a '67 425 Olds
    with a variable pitch Turbo 400 and 8 inch ford. Should spin the wheels.

enloe likes this.
  14. Leadfoot42

Leadfoot42

New here, hope I'm posting in the appropriate place. Always wanted a T Bucket but too late in life to build so bought a 95% project and need help sorting it out. It runs but that's the best I can say of it right now.

It's a 23 T, 350 SBC, TH700R4 trans, chevy truck 10 bolt rear.
    Not even close to authentic (not super important to me), reproduction frame, fiberglass C-cab body. I think the only original parts are the steering box, windshield frame and serial# tag on the firewall.

I knew not to expect great handling and performance but this thing handles just like I would imagine a 23 T with 300+ HP - Barely controllable.

The things I want to improve are:
    The steering. It's way too loose, slow, sloppy, etc. It has the 'suicide' setup with the steering linkage in front of the axle & spring. All the linkages seem good & tight, checked the steering box adjustment but it does have a little dead zone in center. The turning radius was ridiculous but that was fixed by a bit of grinding on the stops. I read a thread on rack & pinion conversions but couldn't find the kit mentioned to fit the 23 T.

IDK, maybe this steering is just a part of early Ford Hot Roding?

The brakes are terrible. Disks in front lock up WAY before the stock truck drums in the rear. Effort is so high that I haven't been physically able to lock up the rears even in dirt. Drums do get warm after a drive so they are doing some braking. They are working 'normally', firm pedal, no leaking, all new cylinders, clean drums & shoes, etc. I removed the proportioning valve in the rear circuit because it can only reduce the pressure so no help here.

Any suggestions on how to improve either of these would be appreciated.
    Thanks!

15. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

16. 1. If it's a C-cab, it can't be a 'bucket' as well.
    2. T type builds are possibly the victims of more hillbilly 'engineering' than any other kind of car, so ANYTHING is a potential problem or area of screwup. That means lots of pictures are a must before anyone can offer any kind of input.

17. AKGrouch

AKGrouch

A C-Cab and a bucket are completely different from each other.

18. I still like mine 9 yrs later, one day I would like to put the 28-29 grill shell on I have. The problem with that is I'd have to get a new radiator and I really hate to tear it apart when it's so fun to drive. 20160717_130117.jpg

19. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Swade, I've been an admirer and stalker of your bucket from day one. It'll always be one of my favorites. IMO, I think you should leave it be. That shell has seen a lot and it's part of your cars identity. Sell tthe '28-'29 shell to someone who can use it.

20. Yamaha970

Yamaha970

Really do appreciate your thoughts..but I love my T just the way it is.wouldnt change a thing...well maybe I'll change the one gallon plastic antifreeze overflow tank to a real one...maybe....lol.We all get the same feelings from working on and driving these old cars..I just want to make sure mine is my flavor.....

21. verde742

verde742

get the radiator SOON !!!

Atwater Mike likes this.
  22. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

:rolleyes:

Atwater Mike likes this.
  23. No one asked, but I think '28-29 radiators/shells look great on T's.

Blue One likes this.
  24. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

You mean like this one ? ;) :):cool:
    brakes 006 (3).jpg

roddering and mad mikey like this.
  25. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Blue One likes this.
  26. Got to say, that does look great.

Blue One likes this.
  27. Some paint or plating would be nice, but otherwise, yes like that one. ;)

The Y-block's a nice touch too. :D

Blue One likes this.
  28. Digger427

Digger427

Hi all, I'm new to this forum. I'm going to be building t-bucket number 3 soon. In the meantime, I'd like to find the current owner of my second bucket I built. I sold it to a man in Illinois in 1985. Not looking to buy, just like to exchange info and pictures. Bucket 2 1985.jpg Bucket 2 side.jpg

EVL401 and noclubjoe like this.
  29. Blake 27

Blake 27