Register now to get rid of these ads!

History The (T) Bucket List

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Jive-Bomber, Mar 29, 2016.

1. 17-Dan-Eichstedt-Leg-Show-T-Bucket-48.jpg The ultimate Fad "T", Danny Eichstedt's "Leg Show". So completely out there and weird that it is, somehow, cool

EVL401, Vic Walter, Lil32 and 6 others like this.
  2. AmishMike

AmishMike

Reminds me of "the Show era" - chrome everything, wild expensive paint, a hollow engine & push it on & off the enclosed trailer. Saw a vette, plexeglass floor, gold trim everything including blower, & claim it original Grand Sport ( 1 of 5 each worth millionS ) then tell viewers you drive it to work - at the end of the day, saw him & crew pull enclosed trailer to the car & push it on. Build drivable cars & use them.

3. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

volvobrynk likes this.
  4. That car looks like a caricature of a T-bucket. Every detail is so exaggerated that it's outrageous. But then, I guess that's the point.

5. flamingokid

flamingokid

T's are an acquired taste,but I like 'em when somebody gets it right.When the builder doesn't,it looks like a clown car or Hot Wheels prototype.

need louvers ? and Gabe Fernando like this.
  6. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

I think my favorite ever is the Bill Roland T (former Ivo roadster).

[​IMG]

EVL401, Vic Walter, mad mikey and 3 others like this.
  7. butch27

butch27

What was the wheelbase on Ivo's car?

8. ruffie tuffshitski

ruffie tuffshitski

I'm building a bug with a t-bucket frame- 12 spoke fronts, tall pie crusts in the rear- ( this otta get me kicked off pretty quick) haha

Attached Files:

9. AmishMike

AmishMike

At least the "bug T" isn't a copy/clone - radical chop & no fenders - what engine?

10. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Do a build thread. Then wait.

Outback and volvobrynk like this.
  11. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Me too, Jeffery!

101" on Ivo's wheelbase

dana barlow likes this.
  12. Gabe Fernando

Gabe Fernando

I think Norm G. built the best proportioned 'T' of all time. Nothing overdone and kept simple. For all practical purposes his was intentionally the first one. Saw it as an 11yr. old kid in our town often (La Crescenta, Ca). It was black with the blower then and sounded neat. That car was a pretty bold move at that time. Got to know Norm a little later in life and he always amazed me. We all know he was one of a kind.

Flynn's_57, EVL401 and flamingokid like this.
  13. ruffie tuffshitski

ruffie tuffshitski

Yep, 5 inch chop, no fenders, extended front- 103 wheelbase- looking for a 327 and 4 speed, setback under the cowl, weedburner style headers exiting under the rockers

volvobrynk and AmishMike like this.
  14. Blade58

Blade58
    from apopka ,Fl

My daughter wants a father daughter project I mention to her we could start a T bucket build I showed what we need, thinking about 50s eras steel wheels

volvobrynk likes this.
  15. Trouble Maker's Tea

Trouble Maker's Tea

I've always loved the T... I've owned a 27 and a 23, but moved on to altereds. My next T will be a copy of this T by Dave Benjamin...

Attached Files:

mad mikey likes this.
  16. D-Ozzie

D-Ozzie

I saw this pic and immediately thought "slot car". This thing looks like a hoot to drive.

AHotRod likes this.
  17. Bluedot

Bluedot

1972 and I was at my last Air Force assignment in Cheyenne, WY. I thought I was in love with my '66 Vette, until one day at a local outdoor car show I got a ride in a T (yes, a fad T or "bucket" as we're defining that here). The sight thru the windshield of the engine, wheels, and suspension all working as we went down the road instantly hooked me on old hot rods. Sold the Vette soon thereafter, and have been in street rods and hot rods ever since. That T ride that day was game over, hooked for life. 70 years old, and I still grin like a little kid when I'm grabbin' gears with the Muncie in my coupe. All because of that one ride in a T Bucket some 44 years ago. Addiction!

Outback and volvobrynk like this.
  18. steel rebel

steel rebel
    Member Emeritus

19. autobilly

autobilly

Ok, thinking outside the box (like Ed), what do you knowledgeable types think about the Outlaw/Excalibur?
    Although unmistakeably T bucketishly styled and built to show rather than drive, does it fit here in any way?
    [​IMG]

quick85 and chriseakin like this.
  20. I grew up in the 70s, so I've always liked the fad Ts, although the one posted is to extreme for me.
    The newer ones out these days, with modern Rubberband tires, are a heinous abomination, that I dislike as much as I dislike VWs.

Norms and Tommys are great, imo, but Skips one, would be how I'd do one, were I to do one, which I'm not.

21. GEGE

GEGE

201310181336_Page_3.jpg 201310181336_Page_2.jpg

traditional? secret is this is a longer wheelbase than most think a t bucket should have? I did that for highway smoothness.

Vic Walter, brEad, EVL401 and 9 others like this.
  22. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

Sure the outlaw belongs here, I built a clone a dozen years ago ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1459469826.547001.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1459469860.080566.jpg

23. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Great looking T. I was wondering if Guide headlights would work on a T. Now I can add them to my build list. Thanks!

volvobrynk likes this.
  24. thewishartkid

thewishartkid

12347994_1276036512422301_7167365893145420473_n.jpg Well I believe I fit into the T-Bucket category! All steel, A rails short bed. And called a dune buggy every time someone ask about it.

25. butch27

butch27

Ruffie: I would like to follow this project. Looks cool to me.

26. ruffie tuffshitski

ruffie tuffshitski

Thanks man! I'll see if I can start a build thread

27. Nailhead A-V8

Nailhead A-V8

Anderson's two comparison shots got it right the difference between these "cool" cars is obvious but subtle its as simple as the windsheild for me raked back to follow the styling cues of the cowl or straight up with a white top with little diamond windows like a fridge stuck on a frame....yuck especially awesome if you position the seats on top of the frame kick up so that youre taller than the original windsheild ....ah the '70's walrus mustache, plumbers smile pants, tight fitting Gratiot auto supply T shirt over a tremendous beer belly, filling the curly mullet with bugs as it sticks over the top of the windsheild....awesome!

28. von Dyck

von Dyck

:rolleyes:The Bill Roland version of the Ivo "T" with the 6 deuces, and even with the black steel wheels does it for me. Ivo's Titian Red "T" has been restored - has anyone done a Bill Roland clone?

SteelRebel: is that a quarter mile ahead of you?:rolleyes:

volvobrynk likes this.
  29. Cyclone Kevin

Cyclone Kevin
    Alliance Vendor

traditional? secret is this is a longer wheelbase than most think a t bucket should have? I did that for highway smoothness.[/QUOTE]

I remember that shoot well George.
    IMG_0603.JPG
    IMG_0613.JPG
    IMG_0607.JPG

EVL401 and Vic Walter like this.
  30. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Funny, clueless and no periods! Awesome!:D

falcongeorge likes this.