Register now to get rid of these ads!

The SuperBell Coupe....???

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by skipstitch, Jan 19, 2005.

1. J. Fitzhugh

J. Fitzhugh

Pretty sure if you can find a copy of The Rodder's Journal #49? with the Pete and Jakes cars on the cover, the Super Bell Coupe is also covered in this issue. If you go to youtube and search "Ride to Pleasanton", you will see a two or there minute video of riding in the Super Bell Coupe, flanked by the California Kid and Jack's yellow 34. Jay

lothiandon1940 and 26hotrod like this.
  2. J. Fitzhugh

J. Fitzhugh

The Super Bell Coupe video, with the Pete and Jakes cars.

3. Weedburner 40

Weedburner 40

Poli-form had a couple noses but none like the super bell coupe. Poli-form is no longer in business. The phone number listed no longer works. Dick Williams is in an assisted living facility with advanced dementia. As far as I know, all the molds are in a place in Oroville, CA.

26hotrod and kidcampbell71 like this.
  4. 26hotrod

26hotrod
    from landis n c

Weedburner,, I stand corrected...……...26hotrod

Weedburner 40 likes this.
  5. 26hotrod

26hotrod
    from landis n c

Is Kenny Ellis(the NOSE builder) still with us ? Any body know?...…...

6. paul55

paul55
    from michigan

I told him to have Al Bergler copy it. He's lives close by and can definitely do the job!

26hotrod likes this.
  7. Gary Addcox

Gary Addcox
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Another HotRod History lesson by one of the best Historians I've had the pleasure to know. I could listen to Kevin go on about hotods 'till the cows come home and never get bored. I hope to do a bit of this soon at El Mirage when I see the "Cyclone".

Cyclone Kevin, 26hotrod and loudbang like this.
  8. 26hotrod

26hotrod
    from landis n c

I have never seen an under frame photo shot of the SBC. Any body got one? Thanks to every one that has shared info on THE COUPE!! This is very informative and entertaining...…..

9. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

My buddy drove the coupe across the city a few years ago. I want to say someone in the convoy filmed it. Should be on YouTube let me se if I can find it

26hotrod likes this.
  10. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

11. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

Here's a few more covers I have done in the last 12 months featuring the Superbell coupe.
    The first one has some friends of mine from Australia who got to meet and spend time with Jim Ewing in ''

Geoff aka whodaky

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

skipstitch likes this.
  12. Fordors

Fordors

The way TEN: PUBLISHING is going, particularly with their multi-media efforts, obviously there is no hope for any magazine, let alone bringing back R&C. The writers they have hired lately for Hot Rod need to do more research along with brushing up on history, the editor needs to enforce fact checking and the content follows too much of a formula. “Oh, is this February? It must be the Drag Week issue.”
    Now if they did somehow wise up over there I know who should be the new Art Director - those covers are stellar, particularly the R&C.
    Geoff, I like them all but that R&C cover is superb!

13. 19Fordy

19Fordy

Did SBC ever appear in TRJ? If so, what number issue?

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  14. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Yup it was in the issue with Jakes coupe and the kid making the road trip to the museum. Got a couple copy’s at home if no one gets your the specific number by the time I get off work I’ll get it for you.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  15. That was one of the coolest cars I saw when to the NSRA Nat's South in Winston-Salem back in'79, I had seen it in print but seeing it in person was a eye opener.

That car still looks cool but I wonder what it would like like with tall skinny tires front and rear? a little more traditional ---- Moose, are you listening? HRP

[​IMG]

Fordor Ron and Just Gary like this.