Register now to get rid of these ads!

The strange guy in the corner finally says hello.

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by vt-spike, Sep 20, 2015.

1. vt-spike

vt-spike

So a friend of mine; (Subneil56) says I should actually introduce myself here, instead of just lurking around checking out other threads and pretty much being that weird guy that buts into other peoples conversations every once in a while. Makes sense to me so here it goes.

I'm a married 30 something with two kids. Been into vintage campers for a while now (Where I met Subneil56) and I have been wanting an old car or truck since I was a kid anyways. I figured it would look really cool pulling around an old camper, and I have re-done those so why can't I handle a car right?

So I first ended up buying a 1966 Ford f100 short bed. I loved the truck, but it didn't love me back. It was a great learning experience though. It wouldn't carry both kids, the wife, and me all at once either so I ended up selling it.

I still wanted an older ride. I ended up selling one of my vintage campers, and used most of the money to buy a 1953 Mercury Monterey 4 door sedan. I have only had it for a little while now, but I love it. It fits everyone with room to spare as well! It has a 351C engine leading a rebuilt FMX 3 speed automatic transmission. The brakes have been updated with a dual master cylinder. Other than that pretty much everything else seems original to the car. It does need a lot of interior work. But I still think its a pretty cool car anyhow. Here are some pics.

DSC02449-2.jpg DSC02451-2.jpg

Attached Files:

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  2. ol-nobull

ol-nobull

Hi from Texas. WOW, you got a great cruiser there. Dad bought a new 53 Ford flathead v8 station wagon with 3 on the tree not long after I first got my drivers license & I loved to drive it. Several years later I bought a used 53 ford convertible with the flathead v8 with the Ford amatic & again is was an awesome cruiser. Wish I had them today.
    But for now my little 46 Chevy coupe is really turning in to a great road machine & I drive it nearly every day. Jimmie