Register now to get rid of these ads!

The Stitch Modified....

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by skipstitch, Oct 9, 2003.

1. skipstitch

skipstitch

You know, some days you just can't get motivated about work. Today was one, SO... A good friend gave me a brand-X touring body a few days ago. I've had a modified on my mind for about 10 years now, and it was a perfect start. I started by shortening the cowl about 4 inches. Then I remove 6 inches from the width of the front section and 4 from the rear. The rest of the day's been spent fabbin' up a sub structure for the tin out of square tube. Hopefully by this weekend I'll be buildin' doors. The stock hinges were suicide....and they're still intact, although all the wood around 'em is rotten. Now I gotta decide if I'm gonna run my flathead in it, or a Pinto four popper....Stitch

Attached Files:

2. skipstitch

skipstitch

another

Attached Files:

3. skipstitch

skipstitch

one more

Attached Files:

4. chromedRAT

chromedRAT

neat shit, man. that flattie would be pretty nice in it, i'd think.

5. Two-Gun Bob

Two-Gun Bob

Whatever you do, keep those windshield mounts-- they are too cool!

6. Stitch....Get'er done and bring it out to the Jalopy showdown. Sling some mud with the rest of us.
    Clark

7. John Copeland

John Copeland
    Member Emeritus

I know a guy with a Model A sedan, that could help you out on a nice drive train, very traditional!

Shoe

8. Kustm52

Kustm52

Now Skip, you can't be letting another project get in the way of the 3b coupe....! So, an oddball body, you need an oddball engine...I got lots of oddball engines...how about a DeSoto flathead six? or an international six? or a Buick straight 8...or a nailhead.. or something crazy. Just let me know which engine to bring....! Now, back to sewing...!!!

Brian

9. skipstitch

skipstitch

Brian.... okay, so the 3b is gettin' pushed back a bit. I figure the modified will be good practice for all the sheet metal work it will need! Never thought about an odd ball power plant. I'm thinkin' about runnin' the 8ba with minimal hop up stuff...but who knows? Anyway, didn't get as far as planned. Looks like the doors will be next week end, but the entire skeleton is finished and I'm ready to "de-rust" the tin. Hopefully by Tuesday I'll be tackin' the sheet metal to the frame....Hey Clark, I might take you up on that! I'm up for a good mud run!!! [​IMG]

Attached Files:

10. skipstitch

skipstitch

yet another

Attached Files: