Register now to get rid of these ads!

The sky is falling!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by mickeyc, Aug 28, 2012.

1. mickeyc

mickeyc

"Again," here I sit waiting for a Hurricane," Issac" to present itself on my door step. This time we are riding this one out. All preparations are made that can be made. The storm was just this hour upgraded to Hurricane strength. It is not moving very fast which is not good. Thia gives it time to bulid power. We spent the day yesterday securing Waterford 111 nuclear plant as best as possible. I am on the "return team" and will be expected back when things settle down weather wise. I spent the evening and morning securing my stuff. We shall see if the billions of dollars spent on hurricane driven water protection was well spent... or not!
    I feel safe in my area as it did not flood in 05 during Katrina. The day out at his time is really not bad at all. Somewhat breezy with a few showers.
    However business will pick up later this evening, to say the least!

2. Good luck, brother. Sitting it out in South Mississippi. My little NOLA crib on Esplanade got no damage in Katrina, and I am not worried about it this time. I do expect damage here in Mississippi. Lost the workshop roof and about 20 trees in Katrina.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2012
  3. this time you guys should use those school buses

4. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

Better to be safe than sorry. Down here in the Ft Myers area we got pretty smug about hurricanes and felt we were "hurricane proof" because we had so many of them bypass us for so many years. Then along came Charlie !:eek:

When I drove around after Charlie hit (and it really didn't directlly hit this particular area) it was like a war zone. Homes and businesses damaged, streets blocked by all kinds of debris, etc. I walked into my shop to see how it made out and when I looked up I saw daylight, the roof was mostly gone.

So today I am sitting here with enough canned tuna, bottled water, and flashlight batteries to last me the rest of my life, but I am glad I got them, even though Isaac passed us by. Good luck to all of you in it's path, hope you are ok up there.

Don

5. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

give me a good old fashioned California earthquake anyday. it is over in 10 seconds and you know right away if your dead or your stuff got ruined. too much waiting around and worrying with this weather stuff.

6. Midget25

Midget25

Good luck to all of you down in Issac's path. We don't have anything like that up here in Colorado,once in a while a tornado. Will be watching...............

7. Not expecting much more than some tree damage, maybe some shingles in pass christian, ms. You be careful over there mickeyc.

8. Stu

Stu
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'm getting my HAMB fix while i can,stay safe

9. Kustom292

Kustom292
    from Winnipeg

Hold on and good luck.

10. Mike51Merc

Mike51Merc

Glad to hear it's only a Cat 1. Should lose strength fairly rapidly.

11. Tommy R

Tommy R

Best of luck to you and everyone else back home. Wishing you well throughout this mess. All my family/friends are riding this one out, too.

I hope it's not an omen that tomorrow is the anniversary for Katrina.

12. gmc1941

gmc1941

Good luck to all....

13. lostforawhile

lostforawhile

good luck for a while they thought it might head towards Tallahassee but it turned, a direct hit there would affect us here as we are only 40 miles away, everyone thinks we are safe from this stuff but one hitting in the right place could cause a lot of secondary damage here

14. 34toddster

34toddster
    from Missouri

Good luck to all in the Gulf area, please send your un-wanted rain to Missouri we're a little short out west here!

15. Little Terry

Little Terry

We complain about the weather here in blighty all the time. I think some of you yanks have a worse time of it though. Good luck and I hope the storm passes you by safely.
    Terry.

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

16. I think everything is going to be allright.

17. mickeyc

mickeyc

You made me smile Don, I also have much tuna, viena sausage, and bottled water and batteries. I thank everyone for their concern and well wishes. My shop is a mile from the house and will be on its own
    except for the attention of my building owner, who is a great guy and will look after things as well as possible. My big concern automobile wise is
    a 32 three window body I have stashed on my back porch.

18. Deuces

Deuces

Good luck down guys... We're prayin' for ya's..

19. All subjective to which level of the Bay Bridge you are on when it hits.

Bob

20. flatout51

flatout51

Good luck!! Thoughts and prayers your way!

21. Harms Way

Harms Way

Stay safe,....... Baton down the hatches !

A little mood music for ya !

22. Judd

Judd

I think the Louisiana boys are in for it and it looks like the worst will miss me over here by the Pascagoula river bluff. It is suposed to water the drought areas in the mid west might be to late for the corn though.

23. Nothin' to play with, we had Irene about a year ago up here. The Island got off easy as it moved fast over water. Once it passed us, it slowed to a crawl and dumped all the water it sucked up along the way.

We did okay.. some trees down and my yard was a mess, power out for less than a full day.

Bob

24. lostforawhile

lostforawhile

anyone else near Tallahassee or on that side of the gulf notice the humidity is off the chart today? I'm about 40 miles from there and the weather they get,we get, weather was nice and cool yesterday with breezes today it's horrible muggy, I'm assuming it's because of this mess, this morning it was foggy and felt like a rainforest

25. Hope your Deuce is safe and sound on that porch... Mines snoozing up in the country high and dry but my new project, a '52 Ford Effie is in the Garage just like my '65 daily driver mustang was in '05. My truck doesn't run though so I may be yanking her through the waters if it comes to it cause this one doesn't have insurance like the driver did back then.
    The night will tell the story around here. Watching the water gather in the ditches and in between bands walking down to the crik to check the level on my stick, I'm very traditional in my forecasting.
    Just grateful to be prayed up, family secured and to have Air Condition which means the powers still on!
    Stu, you said it best! The HAMB has offered a much welcomed break from the really poor local pre-storm broadcasting coming from the idiot box all day.

Couple pix of my house during Kat '05 with the car to try and keep it car centered. Best wishes to all my Coast buddies, stay dry and safe!

[​IMG]
    Front Door
    [​IMG]
    Back yard shot of the 6ft. fence
    [​IMG]

26. eightbanger

eightbanger

27. snaptwo

snaptwo

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for my daughter, shes in Baton Rouge opening a new property (gaming) . They are hunkered down in a hotel and have made preparations ,just in case.

28. Yep, it's about to hit. I'm glad to say that the truck is safe and sound. Best of luck and stay safe y'all.

29. Good Luck and God Bless! Sayin a prayer.