Register now to get rid of these ads!

the shoebox gets fins...(yeah,,,for real,,)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Kustom7777, Apr 13, 2008.

1. I like it...... but I can't wait to see it in primer with just one color on it. I am sure it will look great then.

2. poorboy

poorboy

haha! Bill Hines status! I dig it!!!

3. thesupersized

thesupersized

do you have any more pictures of that car? i know i have a picture of it somewhere and i think a magezine with it in it... i just cant seem to find them.

4. kraka138

kraka138

have you thought of buick tailight i saw some frenched in on a shoebox and thought it looked differant

5. I like it !!! My younger friends don't care for this style, but I like'm...

6. Kustom7777

Kustom7777
    from Austin, TX

sounds like a plan sweetie,,,,
    bring your sawzall,,,,,

the more i look at the car,,the more i am actually towards chopping it...with the fins, it changes the peoportions somewhat, and a mild chop would improve the lines, you are right

7. Kustom7777

Kustom7777
    from Austin, TX

hahah,,,,,joe bailon will probably sue me first,,,,(or maybe bill hines).....

8. 'Mo

'Mo

[​IMG]

9. Kustom7777

Kustom7777
    from Austin, TX

thats the dick del curto ford i was talking about,,,,thats the car that provided a lot of inspiration and motivation for doing the fins on my car,,,where did you get that picture?..that's a beautiful shot,,the only one i have is on the cover of one of the little mags from the 50s...

10. 'Mo

'Mo

I should have mentioned, I pulled that over from Rik Hoving's incredible site. (World's best custom archive!)

http://public.fotki.com/Rikster/

(Thanks, Rikster!)

11. I totally agree. I think the fins make the top look at little bulbous as they tend to slim the look of the body. A mild chop would look outstanding IMO. Very cool build!

12. PATA32

PATA32
    Member Emeritus
    from keller,tx.

I like it alot but i would rather see the headlites in a verticle position. dig the 53 Buick rims. I had a friend that did the same fins on a chopped 55 Ply. back in 1956 [ a new car] They called it the BATMOBILE. A great custom. Keep up the good work.

13. HOT ROD DAVE

HOT ROD DAVE

thats what my 57 chevy wagon had onit when i was building it, looked cool on the wagon, not to sure on a sedan, guess it wold grow on ya after awhile

14. Django

Django
    from Chicago

So, how did it turn out?

15. Django

Django
    from Chicago

Well excuse me for not seeing every single thread. Because it looks like a completely different car now. But thanks anyway for the link.

16. BOP-Nut

BOP-Nut

That site is the best.