Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration The Shelby Cain Friday Art Show

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jeff Norwell, Aug 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

I want to dedicate this weeks show to a certain Hamber. an Alliance Member, a contributer, and valued Hamber, .... Razin Cain.(Mark Cain)
    Mark had a son Shelby.
    Shelby Cain tragically,... a little while back...took his own life at a very early age. Shelby was a Hotrodder and Hot Rod Engine builder, doing engine work for the race circuit and this hobby.His father, Mark... has started a non-profit Organization for suicide awareness.Mark and his wife Pam work tirelessly at this foundation to spread the word about this message. Mark has quit his job to do this full time.
    He and his wife travel from car function to show, spreading the message of awareness on this problem. There has been a few Hambers that have had friends or family members stricken with this tragedy.
    Seeing how passionate Mark is about this cause...I have helped him out doing a few pieces of T-art to support the foundation.
    Anyhow.... this show is dedicated to the Cains... and there son, Shelby.

If you can..when you see the program at a local or distant show your attending.... please try and support.

Anyhow...Let's get the show on the road.:)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

And them Lucky Bastards are planning the Messaround in Minnie A Polis!
    Posters and shirts for the show......

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

And the Jalopyrama is shaping up too...... a Great little show with High Quality Content....
    dig it!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. G V Gordon

G V Gordon
    from Enid OK

Actually got a few things this week.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Vintage Driveway Bell that I got all "American Restoration" on.

[​IMG]

5. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

Another hamber,carcoupe36 Out of the great state of Georgia..heads up the Georgia Automobile Hall Of Fame , which was a real fun project.....
    Mark..that very much.

[​IMG]

6. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

So post up your stuff.....

7. aceuh

aceuh

You rock Mr Norwell!

I'm up past my bedtime... so... Here's what I've got this week... Point & shoot snaps... Hope you guys dig em.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. 57 Corvette ~ Bob

57 Corvette ~ Bob

9. rawkie

rawkie

My condolences goes to the Cains, This is a serious issue and admire the time and effort you and your wife pam are putting towards this foundation.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  10. fur biscuit

fur biscuit
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

you kick so much ass, i no post, merely pay homage to your greatness. and puteen. and potcheen. and cold canadian winters. :D:)

11. Hot Rod Dirty's

Hot Rod Dirty's
    from KY

Jeff amazing work!

Since this weeks show is dedicated to RazinCain / Mark Cain and his Shelby's Speed and Kustom Foundation, I thought I would share Mark's favorite picture that I have taken. When I first met Mark, I was very honored when he said he would like to have a print of this to put on his wall

[​IMG]

12. fortypickup

fortypickup
    from Nebraska

You rule Jeffy Boy!

Here's a little tribute to the "Man and his machine"

Drawn on my garage work bench with a #2 pencil that was sharpened with a dull utility knife!

Rock on FAS!

Attached Files:

13. wheeler.t

wheeler.t

[​IMG]
    Built this for my girlfriends dad, he's got a 59 corvette.
    Build out of 1/2 plywood, hole cut for clock to sink into, wrapped in scrap boat top material then painted. Real easy to make and cool for a shop in my opinion.
    Norwell- love your stuff every week.
    Excited to see the show unfold

14. This is a peek ( a lil' peek!) at a w.i.p that I have 'on the go'. This is a recreation of a 'famous' old aussie show rod, Con Mantzaris' 'Rhapsody in Blue'.
    This is a drawing. I'm using a few old magazine articles and my memory of this, a 1972 show car. It's sometimes slow. It's a sometimes obscure process. I haven't approached Con, who showed this astounding car all those years ago.
    This car was initially built by the Keally brothers. With Mantzaris it won top car at the 1972 Melbourne Rod Show. That's a little like Australia's Oakland. Everything was chromed (except that booster you can see behind the wheel- it was polished aluminium). The car was channeled 6 inches. Original deuce axle, un-dropped- not even sure the spring was reversed. It used a lot of old- timey rod building techniques.
    As I draw it, I come to further appreciate the beauty of it's proportion. In hindsight, it could've looked equally as good without the chrome, white vinyl & metalflake overload. This was, at age 10, the first show rod I ever saw.
    The car is supposedly being recreated with some of it's old bits & pieces, but as such, the original car is now built as a 'contemporary traditional' highboy- it looks nothing like it did in it's much admired heyday.
    Eventually, I plan on releasing copies of this as a high quality print. More later, all things willing..

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 26, 2011
  15. BOMONSTER

BOMONSTER

[​IMG]

Scratchboard "Flat top"

16. GaryC.

GaryC.

Beautiful show on many levels.
    Here's...
    "Up in Flames".

Attached Files:

17. GaryC.

GaryC.

...and "Don Draper's New Car".

Attached Files:

18. autobilly

autobilly

I haven't checked the Friday show for a while, silly me! Great work everyone but as I'm sure all would agree, Jeff your stuff is something else (although I do feel saddened by your passionate dedication).

19. ALLISON

ALLISON

Not quite perfected yet, but you get the idea.
    Check out the Flathead run thread elsewhere on the HAMB for details...

[​IMG]

20. For the Cain family, we''ve not met but but all share your sorrow and champion your achievements.
    I'm proud of how you've turned tragedy into a powerful tool to reach others ....

A great tribute Jeff.

Some older work...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 26, 2011
  21. ALLISON

ALLISON

some ideas I've had on the back burner, and brought back to the front... some of you may have seen my FB post today, hit me up if your interested:)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

22. Justin B

Justin B

long, long time since i put anything on the art show put here's a topper i made up to remember a buddy, Mikey Van Zetten, here's a little info on him http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=563457&highlight=zetten&showall=1
    first time i ever did any casting/molding, i've made a few up and am slowly getting them out to his friends/family. they take alot longer to make each one than i would have thought, but for some reason it wouldn't seem right to just drop one off at a foundry and have a bunch cast. it will take awhile (years probably) but i'd eventually like to get one to every person mikey considered a friend
    [​IMG]

rip brother

23. What a sad and tragic loss.

Some old Ford on a Golf Course last weekend....

[​IMG]

24. Norwell is a grade A mensch.

25. N.Ozols

N.Ozols
    from Latvia

Amazing work everyone! Norwell, your stuff is just stunning. Allison, I really like the color contrast.

[​IMG]
    Just a little sketch (for a pixelcar which is for a contest) I really like. It's a mix of various cars from various years, I guess, basically its based on a truck...just need to do a bit of a research to realize what I have drawn haha

26. You guys been busy!

Logo work for Ronny Buise - Ron's Custom Shop
    [​IMG]

Simple version of the Ron's Custom Shop logo
    [​IMG]

Kiwis on Route 66 logo
    [​IMG]

Newborn baby card for a VW guy
    [​IMG]

Sleeve artwork for the new Matt Gonzo Roehr CD "Blitz & Donner"
    [​IMG]

The Blitz & Donner digi pack
    [​IMG]

27. hrm2k

hrm2k
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

a point and shoot from The Maryland HAMBers meet and greet

[​IMG]

28. dustdevil

dustdevil
    from illinois

Wow Jeff! That is awesome! I don't even have a child and I can't imagine what they are going through. Very cool, I try to help others in need also. Here is my o.t. commission pencil drawing I'm working on now. Will have some more new art coming soon. Bad pic with cell phone late:mad:. Enjoy, Nate Grice
    [​IMG]

29. kenmo

kenmo

1959 Cadillac Coupe DeVille....
    [​IMG]

1930 Model A Pickup
    [​IMG]

1950 Mercury
    [​IMG]

1958 Mercury Pickup
    [​IMG]

1947 Ford Truck
    [​IMG]

1963 1/2 Ford Galaxie 500
    [​IMG]

30. Here is a sign I was asked to put together at last minute for a bunch of really good friends,you will also see why I never became a photographer...

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.