Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods The Rodder's Journal Stash

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by bstrousse, Oct 13, 2016.

1. bstrousse

bstrousse

I've just discovered a box of pristine Rodder's Journals issues 1-39 stashed in our storage space along with loads of old Rod related magazines from the 80's, 90's and thru 2010. Any thoughts on where we might find a good next home for these great reads? Some are in pristine condition, others with a patina of use.

2. The rodders journals are pretty valuable. I bet someone here will take them off your hands. I'd be into purchasing them. But they are surely out of my price range for such a large collection.

Sent from my SM-G900T using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

3. woodiewagon46

woodiewagon46
    from New York

Keep the Rodders Journal. As for the rest of the mags, a couple of years ago I tried to donate several boxes of old Hot Rod, R&C, etc to my local Library or High School. They both told me that they couldn't accept them because of LIABILITY issues??? I guess they were afraid of someone getting a paper cut. Good luck.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  4. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

5. Check with your local VFW or American Legion to see if they have a program for sending magazines to the troops overseas. Keep the Rodders Journal as they are, as mentioned, valuable and collectible. Or just send 'em to me.:D

timwhit and lothianwilly71 like this.
  6. I have a stash of Custom Rodder magazines, it makes for good selling fodder at a swap when you give them away.
    Or just pass them onto some one who wants them.

Post the Rodders Journals in the classifieds you may get some hits. Check ebay for the value in the finished auctions, for demand and value. Unless you have very early ones, just sell as a lot.

It did the troops thing a while back..

7. Try your local high school with an auto shop class.Give those kids some inspiration.

8. WOW, someone got $1200 for #1 though 71? I have 1 though 72 with many issues of Both Covers, A few more years and I can retire off them maybe .......

jim snow and lothiandon1940 like this.
  9. That's pretty close to what someone would have paid for them new.

Sent from my SM-G900T using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

10. wicarnut

wicarnut

A suggestion, Gave most of my old magazine collection to a fellow rodder who had 2 friends in nursing homes, he said they were greatly appreciated, made him and me feel good, to help someone nearing the end of their journey. Sometimes, It's the little things that matter, IMO.

11. bstrousse

bstrousse

That's a great idea.

12. brigrat

brigrat
    from Wa.St.

Darn it, all I have stashed away are worthless PlayBoy & Penthouse's!
    I to have hundreds of pounds of every car mag printed. Thinking that maybe "car clubs" would like them for their caves, no one wanted to pay the shipping............................................