Register now to get rid of these ads!

The Rodders Journal #47

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HJmaniac, Mar 13, 2010.

1. Bill Rinaldi

Bill Rinaldi

WOW What a completely different R.J. I've got all but #4 and tend to keep them away from my other mags, kind of selfish about them. But I think I'll go buy an extra copy and keep it out as a "Cockltail Table" book. Some really nice quality pictures of rods--customs--and racers. Even my non old car lover friends can appreciate some of those pictures!!
    BILL RINALDI

2. sodbuster

sodbuster
    from Kansas

First time subscriber (via the wife for my birthday) & they must be delivering it via a turtle and I called last week after everyone "praising" the new issue and they said they shipped two weeks ago. I normally buy it on the news stand or via Pete & Jakes when I stop by there on a Sat. morning for the "flip" cover.

Oh yea, and the mail guy stopped by today and "Nope, just mail".

Maybe they have the same distributor as the "JJ" Garage magazine.

Chris

3. monster

monster

mine came today, its awesome

4. Well since I started this thread in the first place, My local Border's just got it in and I just picked up mine. Can't wait to dig into it! I stopped by Barnes and Noble first because I have a gift card, no dice.

5. rodncustom

rodncustom

I like it for what it is, a retrospective, but feel it should be an additional book to the regular magazine. The 10th anniversary was a regular issue and was great. I like it, but would've also like a regular edition also.

6. I didn't care for it...like some others have said, I apreciate more "in depth" features. Just my opinion and not shared by a lot of HAMBers. Hoping for next issue to be in keeping with previous issues.
    Glad you got your issue, HJ

7. DirtyDan

DirtyDan

I received mine yesterday and was disappointed as well. I have every issue and re-read them regularly. When a new issue arrives, I immediately rip open the package and can't put the thing down until I have read every article. This one I thumbed through in 5 mins and put it back in the plastic. I think it would be a GREAT special edition / extra issue etc... but as a standard issue, it seems like a cheap and easy way out. Keep in mind.... I LOVE RJ, it is my favorite. I kid my girlfriend that my RJ collection is worth more than her car!

I think if you were not a regular reader or have not read any of the older issues in years, you would love this issue. But for the regular guys, it just leaves us feeling cheated w/ no new content.

8. Muttley

Muttley

Still nothing on the shelves here in the Fresno area.

9. mikaelmtb

mikaelmtb
    from Denmark

... still waiting for my issue to arrive in the mail... No where to buy it in stores here in Denmark, I'm thinking about changing that.

... always nice to have some good things to wait for!!

10. Mine finally arrived yesterday and I'm happy with it. Yes a recap of earlier issues but fun to look at anyway. LOTS of great pics!

11. chopz56

chopz56

Thank's for starting this thread because i was wondering what was up myself!Now i'm running out and getting it today!

12. 231ramona

231ramona

I have also been a subscriber from day one and absolutely love The Rodder’s Journal. The enjoyment I've gotten from it over the years more than makes up for my mild disappointment in this issue. I'm certainly not disappointed with the quality of the pictures or the selection of the vehicles included, they were first rate as usual. I just look forward to something new each issue. Thanks Rodder's Journal for a great publication.

13. bathcollector

bathcollector

Mine arrived yesterday, i subscribe via a N.Z. Rod shop. Its good, but if i wanted to see those cars again i would have gone out to my shed and looked through my old issues. We pay $38.00 for it here in N.Z. so a rerun issue is not really what i hope to get for my money. As a past direct subscriber i still get their emails touting the new issue, the last one i replied with "have you run out of feature content" didn't get a reply.

14. phat rat

phat rat

Disappointed here as well. Just a recap of what's already been shown. If this continues my subscription won't

15. Ranunculous

Ranunculous

My #47 still has not arrived.The USPS doesn't get any thumbs up if Rodders Journal has sent mine.

16. RAF

RAF
    from MA.

Received #47 last Friday and was done looking at it in about 15 minutes. Very disappointed with the issue. It was like looking at an old car calendar with just pictures and no articles. I have subscribed for years and will continue to do so as I think it is one of the finest car magazine published.

17. 48bill

48bill

I am a subscriber and just got it today, April 8, 2010.

Oh hum. It's OK not a great one though.

18. 5window

5window

I got mine about a week ago. If they're all mailed together, the postal services delivery times baffle me.

I mostly enjoyed the read since I don't have all the issues. Some of the cars were indeed new to me and i would have enjoyed more detail. Some have been posted everywhere forever. It was a nice issue, but didn't take as long to read as most.I don't see, given the production quality,printing costs,etc., how it ever could ever be done as a "special extra".

I am, as always, looking forward to the next issue.

19. Still didn't show up in Virginia...

20. Ron Mayes

Ron Mayes

Mine came today :D

21. Ranunculous

Ranunculous

No mag in sight.
    Message sent to Chastity.
    I might have to have a confab with the Postal Service if it was mailed....

22. sodbuster

sodbuster
    from Kansas

I finally received it today & bought one this morning at the news stand before I realized that it had arrived & it said that the next issue is my last issue for my subscription that the wife bought me back in Sept. for my birthday (oh yea, did I mention that it took them two months to ship me my t-shirt.......finally after I called).......this issue is kinda' "blah".....like everyone has said "if I wanted to read a past issue, I would have".

Just my opinion & I may just buy the newsstand issue, not sure the "flip" issue is worth the extra $3 when I can buy it down the street.

Chris Nelson
    Kansas City

23. froghawk

froghawk

Got it. Loved it.

24. shonky

shonky
    from Norfolk UK

My copy was waiting for me when i got home from work today :D

Hav'nt looked at it yet :eek:

25. Mr 42

Mr 42
    from Sweden

Have not seen "47 in Sweden yet, dejavue

26. NHRANUT

NHRANUT
    from Western PA

I always thought I was the last person in the world to get his issue, but I've had mine for 5 days now. I'm finally getting a little respect. :D

27. 5window

5window

mine was late but earlier than yours. Maybe the mailpeople have trouble getting it over the Alleghenies? :)

28. ANDEREGG TRIBUTE

ANDEREGG TRIBUTE
    from Bordertown

ARRRRGGGGG!!!!! Its ANDEREGG, not ANDREGG folks!! Well I imagine my wife and her family have had to deal with their name being misspelled forever. Just picked up #47 (36coupe cover) at our local Borders, and was very impressed, and thoroughly enjoyed the great photos. I wish I had all the issues to go back and look over the features the go with the cars...kinda hard to appreciate the Doug Cooper's B-400 "elegant apperance...& lines" when they give you a front view....But I digress...thanks Von Franco, and TRJ for keeping the little roadster out there in the spotlight, I know Uncle Ray got a big kick out of it again. But TRJ, prepare for the wrath of my wife, regarding your proof reading....LOL

Louie

29. hemifarris

hemifarris

Still waiting patiently !??? There's no excuse for this.

30. deucetruck

deucetruck
    from Missouri

Still waiting for mine. I know if I buy one at the newsstand, it will arrive the same day......