Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage The rhythm riot UK-Barris meets the kripple kart

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Kripfink, Nov 21, 2011.

1. NashRodMan

NashRodMan

Krip,
    Thanks for the pictures! Your panel is awesome!!!
    Cheers,
    Paul

2. Paul, love these pictures bro, glad to see y'all out and about.
    Looks like a wonderful time, I just wish I could make it over there one of these years, maybe I could crash at your pad :D
    And those Goldchainer Glasses are kick Ass too

3. Kripfink

Kripfink
    Member Emeritus

Gary, any time at all just give the word.:cool:
    Paul

4. COngrats Brotha!

5. deadbeat

deadbeat

Man I dig your panel & congrats on the award.You are one very insperational human being.Thanks for the pics,,awesome!

6. JON THE POM

JON THE POM
    from melb oz

Way Kool Krip congrats,winning trophies and you've already got the fine chick Larry would be proud of you.

7. flynbrian48

flynbrian48

Congrats on the award, and thanks for the great story. You've made me consider Barris in a little different light.

Brian

8. sololobo

sololobo

Paul, I love the pix of Jane and you with the award. Her Truimph sweater and your bad boy club jacket rule, a great lookin couple. Man, I am just knocked out with this cool award for you kids. Proud as a pappa, ~sololobo~

9. Kripfink

Kripfink
    Member Emeritus

Seeing as this has been bought back up again, a couple of cool little stories from the weekend. One of the guys had his in progress 50 Mercury on display to help educate people on what was involved in Kustom building. Apparently as soon as George saw it he jumped in and taped off his suggestion for the chop. I guess if it was Gene Winfield he would have started cutting there and then, but it was still cool that even now George couldn't keep his hands off an old Mercury!

[​IMG]

Another one of the guys said he had the surreal experience of turning his head and seeing George stood next to him with a pint of beer in his hand in the main entertainment Hall in the early hours of the morning. Just to start conversation he asked him if he planned on any sightseeing while he was in England. Apparently George just looked a couple of cute 50s style chicks up and down as they passed in front of them and replied "no it's okay, I've got all I need to see right here".:cool:
    Paul

10. 1950ChevySuburban

1950ChevySuburban
    Member Emeritus
    from Tucson AZ

11. Robin (UK)

Robin (UK)

I've really enjoyed reading this thread.
    So, now I'm just about getting back into the world of the living after organising the Rhythm Riot, I think it's time for me to chime in...

I'd like to echo all the congratulations Paul has received.
    I'd also like to say that everything he says about 'the man' is true.
    It was an absolute pleasure to have George Barris at our festival. He was really friendly, had time for everyone and was SO enthusiastic about all the cars and everything that was going on.
    It was his first time in the UK and I'm REALLY proud to have been able to organise his trip.
    It's all been very special.
    I know opinion's divided but even some of his detractors were swayed by George's friendliness, enthusiasm and his stories from the past.
    Whichever way you look at it, he's been there, done it and got the T-shirt!!!
    I'll be pleased to have half his energy when I'm 86 years old.

Here's a picture of me with George and my 47 Plymouth.

Attached Files:

12. Kripfink

Kripfink
    Member Emeritus

Robin, I'd just like to take this opportunity to let the guys on here know what a logistical nightmare you and your crew overcame to make this happen for the benefit of people like myself. Thank you so much for a weekend I will never forget. Like the boss says, "spreading the gospel worldwide".
    Paul

13. Good on you Krip, what a memorable experience for you and Jane. I love a well written story like yours,well done. When your both on the way home from your U.S.A. adventure, stop by here in Australia and we will show you how we do it here as well, Best wishes, H.R.D.

14. Paul,congrats on this.It looks like you had a great time and really enjoyed this experience.Im still lovin your panel , I wish I could see it in person.