Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage The Rest of the Story (that beautiful purprle Merc!!)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by buickbelle, Sep 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. my47soto

my47soto

I concour, thats the best.

2. username

username

Was there any "pulse" welding performed?

3. Purple exterior and tan interior....maybe the owner should call it "Goober Grape" hahahah!

4. hombres ruin

hombres ruin

I respect the craftmanship that went into the car,but i wouldnt be caught cruising it.Its way to 1980s.It really needs some chrome..somewhere,anywhere.

5. UnIOnViLLEHauNT

UnIOnViLLEHauNT

Pretty Merc junked up with traditional Chinese knockoff doodads and an 80s dash, but the car itself is pretty. I would have held them at gunpoint as I personally watched the owner mount those bumpers though, it may be worth the jail time. :)

6. madpole

madpole

that sums it up well. i have to agree with everything there.

7. Well if nothing else comes of this thread, at least you two are happy. Jeez, get a room!;):rolleyes::D

8. resqd37Zep

resqd37Zep
    from Nor Cal

If you don't be careful Bob will take a picture of your butt and post it on the HAMB.:D Sorry Bob I had to do it.

9. Special Ed

Special Ed

<TABLE class=tborder id=post4385436 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=thead style="BORDER-RIGHT: #e5e5e5 0px solid; BORDER-TOP: #e5e5e5 1px solid; FONT-WEIGHT: normal; BORDER-LEFT: #e5e5e5 1px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #e5e5e5 1px solid"><!-- status icon and date -->[​IMG] 09-28-2009, 10:24 AM <!-- / status icon and date --></TD><TD class=thead style="BORDER-RIGHT: #e5e5e5 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #e5e5e5 1px solid; FONT-WEIGHT: normal; BORDER-LEFT: #e5e5e5 0px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #e5e5e5 1px solid" align=right> #2 </TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #e5e5e5 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #e5e5e5 0px solid; BORDER-LEFT: #e5e5e5 1px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #e5e5e5 0px solid" width=175>hotrodladycrusr<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("postmenu_4385436", true); </SCRIPT>
    Alliance Member

[​IMG]

</TD><TD class=alt1 id=td_post_4385436 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #e5e5e5 1px solid"><!-- icon and title -->[​IMG] Re: How many of us have????
    <HR style="COLOR: #e5e5e5; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #e5e5e5" SIZE=1><!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->Critiquing peeps cars publicly that aren't asking for the "help"?? :eek:
    Sounds like something the Old Farts would do behind peoples backs.
    <!-- / message --><!-- sig -->__________________
    Your topless cruzn buddy, Denise

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

10. HAHAHAHA! I've been through "HAMB Rehab". I'm cured...

11. FoMoCoPower

FoMoCoPower

That car is OK,Beautiful is an honest over-statement.

12. TraderJack

TraderJack

Holey-gemsmoley, batman, what is wrong with people thinking a car is beautiful, and you criticizing their beliefs that it is beautiful

Oh, you are the arbiter of beauty in cars.

OK.

who elected you as the ultimate judge.

Come on , folks, let car lovers love the cars they love, just as though you will never tell your friend that their spouse is not up to your standards, when you know you would never turn down that spouse , if offered.

Politeness, is the way we get along in the world.

traderjack

13. Cruiser

Cruiser

mrsChaotic - In my opinion your Merc is a mixed bag of old style and new, and this is where the problem comes in on your Merc. Always remember that "beauty is in the eye of the behoder".

The good old style: Cool
    1. Cool color 2. Cool tires and hub caps 3. Cool tail lights
    4. Nice pin stripping 5. Nice head lights 6. Cool hood 7. Lake pipes cool
    8. Cool chop 9.Nice upholstery

The not so cool style:
    1. Billet arm rests 2. No bumpers 3. The rear view mirrors 4. The dash
    5. The steering wheel 6. Lack of chrome trim 7. V-butt glass

* Slam me for my opinion if you like, but this is how I see your Merc as a mixed bag of new and traditional. This style leaves a bad taste in some car people's mouths especially the traditional group.

* By the way Bob is one stand up guy and is a Merc guy and knows his cars. Bob give an opinion and that's all it was an opinion no reason to bad mouth him.

CRUISER :cool: ** I love Peanut Butter...........

Last edited: Oct 16, 2009
  14. Sorry but it does little to stir me to give nice polite comments.
    Certainly shows "what not to do" before you spend you money and make the same mistakes... For that, I am thankful..

ps. Huge peanut butter fan here...

15. tinmann

tinmann

If that Merc was peanut butter......... I'd say it was crunchy....... when really we all like smoothy...... but not smoothy in the 80's sense

16. What is "Nutella."

17. Invicta

Invicta

hahahaha!!! me tooo

18. UnIOnViLLEHauNT

UnIOnViLLEHauNT

Is this car subframed? And if so, whats under it?

19. I love this place!!

20. Humane nature is to get defensive when someone bashes your person, or your taste. Sure Bob was a bit blunt, but his feelings seemed genuine. I can go to any Goodguys event-rod run-car show-etc. and it is a rare day when I see any car that, I wouldn't change something on it. Bottom line is we all have our own personal taste, and that is what makes the "world go around". Be proud of the fact, that you appeased your customer, and you did a stand up job, on the construction of it. My two cents worth-I don't like a monochrome look on a slammed merc either-but so what....that's just me. Nice hood ornament on the poncho though.

21. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

You need to visit the peanut butter section in your local grocery store, find the jar of Nutella and BUY IT! You won't be disappointed. I like to dip animals crackers or 'nilla waffers in it but lots spread it on bread. It's kinda expensive compared to peanut butter BUT if you find yourself addicted to it and have a Costco near you, you can get two LARGE jars at Costco for the price of one normal size jar at the grocery store.

I can already picture a jar of Nutella thraveling with me in Big Olds to California next spring.....not sure it will make it the whole way but I'll try.:D

22. Kustomkarma

Kustomkarma

My brother used to hide the Nutella in his closet so my girlfriend wouldn't eat it.:D Oh yeah, the car - needs bumpers and an interior redo, but still a nice car. Just my .02.

23. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

WOW how did I miss this post......sad to see it go negative.

The Carlson family are very kool people and are building some killer rides. I'm very
    proud to say they are good friends of mine. When you build cars for a living the
    customer may want to do something that you just might not agree. But you
    have to put food on the table so the customer gets his way every know and then.

One of the kool things about this family is all of the boys help out in the shop. And
    I belvieve they're all under the age of 17. This is so Kool because this family is
    going to be building rides for years to come.

Sometime we (the HAMB) are too critical on rides that we see. The Merc is very
    kool and I love how the top is chopped. If it was mine would I change some
    things? Yes. They're is a lot of other Customs out there that I would have to make
    changes. Customs are not cookie cutters they're all different.

Check out some build pictures of the Merc. How kool is it to see Exota in the background.

http://chaoticustoms.com/content/viewProject.cfm?GalID=24

Chaotic guys, you did a good job!

Happy Trails,

Mick

24. car looks pretty decent to me. it's yours, do it up the way you want it and enjoy it.

25. UnIOnViLLEHauNT

UnIOnViLLEHauNT

Nice link Mick, it looks like all the sucky things were already sucky when the car went there (the dash is the big killer)

Those however don't look to be Merc wheels (boltpattern) which leads me to believe its subbed, but man it fits pretty well!

26. roddinron

roddinron

Funny that a purple and brown car should bring up so much talk about peanut butter and jelly?:rolleyes:
    Oh, and that car is beautiful, just not my (or probably most HAMB members) taste.

27. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

The wooden steering wheel is not to my liking.

28. pushrod_mike

pushrod_mike
    from Austin TX

Well I hate Mercs with flames and you don't see me getting on here and running those down just because some people on here have them. Damn just do what makes you feel good and what your customers want............Oh shit I forgot I have a merc with flames.....sorry forget I said anything and give me a punch in the nutellas
    whooooooooooooo.........Mickey rules

29. Little Wing

Little Wing
    from Northeast

Nutter Butters ,,,yum!!!!!!

30. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

Headlights with built in blinkers are also not to my liking.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.