Register now to get rid of these ads!

The Ranchero Rules... LSRU. ASS Hauling---->

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Tuck, Apr 20, 2012.

1. Tuck

Tuck
    Tech Editor
    from MINNESOTA
    1. Early Hemi Tech

[​IMG]

This 88 year old guy paned his eyes over to my Ranchero at an auction once... and said... "Well.... you aint got a car... and you aint got a truck"

haha... sometimes I feel like I could argue that point but... I think hes right.

[​IMG]

Sometimes I don't know what I would do without this Hybrid in my life... I knew the first time I seen it at my buddy Joels that I HAD TO HAVE IT... but at this point I feel like I could never ever part with it.

Its the perfect combo of a car and pickup...

Does it sound funny if I say I'm proud of my car? haha... its spring and graduation is in the air or something- so maybe thats it. This last trip was just like all the rest... only I feel like it proved something to me-

I ended up missing an extra week of work... which bummed me out- but I drove the Ranch today and I figured out that out of all the problems it had way back when I hauled Kevin Lee's coupe to Texas...
    [​IMG]

Bob bleeds pickup to Texas...

[​IMG]
    this trip ironed them all out. This time I hauled Jeff Petersons 31 coupe to Texas and it was just another awesome adventure to ad to the scrap book-
    [​IMG]

Its pretty legit right now.

I had a guy come up to me in northern Iowa asking WHERE ARE YOU GOING??? they had passed me the day earlier 800 miles south... he was wondering if it was reliable? thought it was crazy I was driving it so far-

Reliable. Yes.

Do I have my share of problems? Yes.

Am I crazy? Dumb question... haha-

But like any relationship I feel like they're issues you work though and move on... you grow together not apart... thats the key to making it last.

Form.... Storm... Norm... and then PERFORM.

Potsie from the shop bought the Twilight Zone from Youngrodder- so I offered to haul it down the last time I was there to cover my gas money so the trip to Texas in the Ranch would make sense.

Picked it up in Taylorville- and then we headed down. We being my lil sis and I- Danielle couldnt make this trip because of Airforce inspections.

Taylor wasnt scared of grease...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Before I left though I was trying to sort out some issues- and managed to fix a whole host of things that I didnt even know were issues. The flywheel and starter and dizzy all having a play.

I wanted this trip to go good- and I wanted to be prepared. Extra belts, tools, filters, points, alt, you name it... anything you could think of- but what I was prepared for happened- a inner wheel bearing went on the trailer... and then while fixing that noticed the gas tank was leaking hard core-

If you look at that tool set- its from POOCH here on the Hamb- donated after the fire. I keep the letter in it- and makes me fucking smile everytime I read the story that came with it- I guess he picked up that whole tool set on the side of the road- which looked like popcorn littered along the freeway. I think about all the time it took to pick it all up... it kicks ass. I'm putting it all to good use!!!!!!! :) :)

[​IMG]

Plugged the leak but all I did was plug the drain hole for the weird ass tank rancheros and wagons have... which was like making a dam... which created a lake of gas on top of my tank.
    [​IMG]
    I lost gallons trying to get to texas... which was kicking my budget in the balls-

but I got there... and this years roundup was the BOMB.

I was lucky enough to be able to help with the art this year... Steve and Brian were great to work with- When I think of Texans I don't think of George Bush... I think of guys like Steve, Brian and Will who along with the rest of the Kontinentals make that show AWESOME. Rulers. Thank you for being such great hosts!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    It was so good hanging out with the crew from ASS... I got to design a new shirt for those guys too- which I printed and delivered. Taylor modeled this pic-----> haha

[​IMG]

So much work went into prepping for this show and it went by way too fast-

We stayed at Bobby's in Crazy Birds- Thank you dude!!!

I went around and plunked down in everyones booth for a while- It was great to see all my pals... seriously.

Even those that didnt have a booth...

I met a lot of hambers for the first time-

I have this pic of Peiro... I think he was emotional when he seen me... j/k... pretty sure I give him a headache... haha.

[​IMG]

The cool thing was getting to shake hands in person from a lot of you hambers that Helped after the Fire. It was rad...

I didnt get a lot of pics... these are all I had because my phone was on the brink- and the card in the camera came up blank-

I feel like I left half of the trip out in this post... I guess I just wanted to post something- and a big thank you to all that helped me get back home to Kanada.

I've been in a really good mood today- Can't wait for the next show, the next piece of art, the next thrash on my roadster.

Have you guys listened to Bleeds new album????? BUY IT cuzz I think I started to wear mine out-

As bob would say-
    Fuck Yeah!
    :)

Tuck

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 20, 2012
  2. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Dude, saw your Ranch at the Round Up and stopped and lingered a bit. I had a '59 years ago for a bit and though it was bitchin'... I have a '62 right now that is gonna hit the road after the G/Fs '62 wagon rolls soon. Your Ranchero made me think of good times to come, if that makes any sense!

3. Wha is with that trailer and wheel bearings?! Haha! Glad you made it home young brutha!

4. Tuck

Tuck
    Tech Editor
    from MINNESOTA
    1. Early Hemi Tech

it was an inner... i dunno but it was a first for that bearing- the seal was messed up on the inside- fixed!

The only thing that sucked about this trip is I didnt get to stop and see you and Kevin! Damnit!!!

Attached Files:

5. Tuck

Tuck
    Tech Editor
    from MINNESOTA
    1. Early Hemi Tech

I so want a wagon. I'd take a 59... I might look for one when I have kids- :)

6. Evel

Evel
    1. 60s Show Rods

I had the worst headache..

7. Tuck

Tuck
    Tech Editor
    from MINNESOTA
    1. Early Hemi Tech

I'm hoping Joe T Creep chimes in with some pics soon :) I got a bunch of pics from Savage... about the only one I left out was of you and Lucky- ;-)

8. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Among other things that you do well you write a great road trip story. Thanks for sharing the photos and the story.

9. Peterson32

Peterson32

Thankyou for everything Tuck !!

this is going to be awesome!

TWLIGHT ZONE!! LIVES

10. LSGUN

LSGUN
    from TX

I've always loved your Ranchero, that thing is beyond cool. Glad you made it back safe!

11. The37Kid

The37Kid

What a great story! I always enjoy reading about HAMB road trips. The '59 Ranch looks great, there was one down the road from me 35+ years ago, and I look up the driveway every time I drive by, wouldn't mind having one today. Bob

12. SinisterCustom

SinisterCustom

I love yer Rachero....man,, the Desoto bumper just rules on it too....
    Almost bought a '59 wagon awhile back....but just couldn't pull the trigger...but if it were a Ranchero......

Jesus Saves.......haha.........SLAYER!!!!

13. KustomCars

KustomCars
    from Minnesota

I love your ranchero !

14. Wish I would have met you at the round up...checked your Ranchero out and even saw it parked a block behind Congress on Sunday! I want a 57 or 59 Ranchero BAD and seeing yours really lit the fire :D

15. general gow

general gow
    Staff Member

love your road trip posts.

will our paths cross in joplin? or are you gonna make me come thru kanada on our way to bonneville?

16. stealthcruiser

stealthcruiser

Really?

I know where one is................A '59 even........:D

17. Cshabang

Cshabang

Thanks to your 59, and a few Ive seen from back in the day...I WILL own one someday..haha

18. Acme Speed Shop

Acme Speed Shop
    from so cal

So good to see you this year Tuck. You are a real good friend and I look forward to the next ACME design from you..Glad you made it home safely.

19. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

glad to see you made it back safe. going to have to make a trip north this summer its been waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay to long since ive seen you man.

20. Great story Tuck......I heart the Ranch too.

21. TexasSpeed

TexasSpeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Texas

Killer story. Your Ranchero is one of my favorite cars on here to read about.. It's certainly provided plenty of good stories for us folks to read.

iPhone - TJJ app

22. FWilliams

FWilliams

jesus, paint that fucking thing.

23. geez i was in pine city today at the fair grounds thought " is tuck home naaaaah he is outa town" ... ahem i see 3x tshirts for the 1st time ever???? .....

24. Tuck

Tuck
    Tech Editor
    from MINNESOTA
    1. Early Hemi Tech

I was close fred- i got it in sealer and started to paint shit but all the materials went up in smoke... so at this point im kinda like fuck it- I have it, im gonna drive it until I'm at that point again.

I just bought an Iwata Clear gun before the trip-
    I'll get a base gun next month-

I'm getting the bed stainless from a hamber in Texas- I'm gonna buy a tailgate and some other parts from Bob Owens down the road. I had a perfect rust free front clip that I got from bob that burned too- along with the new y-block, 3 on the tree column and overdrive. Its hard not to think about that shit when driving this car because I was so damn excited to put it in- so I dont think about it...-get used to seeing it in white sealer... its gonna be that way for a while.

The bed floor got a little color------>

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 20, 2012
  25. this was in brook park off 23 east of quamba for a long time mark m standing by it here
    do not know where this was taken recently:rolleyes:

Attached Files:

26. moefuzz

moefuzz

Good story Tuck,
    I think what makes the Ranchero even cooler is that it has somebody that loves it
    nuff said

27. MR. FORD

MR. FORD
    from Austin, TX

Awesome to see you again as always man.... You are a fucking trooper! ;)

28. Jeem

Jeem
    Alliance Vendor

Doood! Send me a poster! Glad your trip went well.

29. Smitty's32

Smitty's32

That had to be you I saw at a Shell station at the Kickapoo-Edwards exit off I-74 in Illinois. There can't possibly be 2 Rancheros in the world that look like that. Don't change anything, it's aweome just like it is!