Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods The Race of Gentlemen, 3rd Annual.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Dirtyest Devil, Apr 15, 2014.

1. Pete

Pete

Anybody from TN coming to the race?? Maybe has some space on a trailer for a bare frame???
    Im looking at a 34 frame, maybe a relay??

Pete-

2. My brother and I are coming from Knoxville Tennessee. Where is the frame?

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

3. Pete

Pete

Kingsport.......oh man....do we have a chance....

4. We might. We are hauling my brothers track T, my 29' roadster and a 29' brookville body to Virginia for Gene's hot rod parts. Who is it in Kingsport? Its pretty much on the way for us. Is it a bare frame or a roller?

5. Pete

Pete

Its a bare frame...no axles...no nothing.

6. Man let me know, we might be able to snag it for you. We are leaving first thing Thursday morning. If it could be dropped off at are shop in Knoxville it could be possible if we can jamb it under one of the cars or in the bed of one of the trucks.

7. Pete

Pete

How far is Kingsport to you??

8. I think about an hour and a half or so. Is it Sam Barnes that has the frame? I could possibly grab it on the way but we have to be on schedule to drop the brookville body off in Virginia

9. Pete

Pete

Ill talk to the seller and see if thats possible.

10. Sounds good, PM me with info if needed.
    Thanks, Jim

11. ELD

ELD

@Dirtyest Devil will be painting banners up until the last minutes. Soo many banners, soo little time.
    [​IMG]

12. ELD

ELD

Oh no, he's back! We warned you about this one. Mr. Richie Whalen of The Rolling Bones gang. This guys so confused he's running under the Deluxe Speed Shop with this car. I previously told you he was a loose card. He's such a man, he's racing two cars
    [​IMG]
    Announcing rider... Mr. Anthony Carpentier on his 1944, 45 cubic inch Harley Davidson. Sure he looks like he just got out of the joint, but he's educated! How do I know this? Because, when he wrote to me a year ago and said "I want in on this race, how do I do so"??? ...I said, "BUY a Vintage Harley-Davidson damn it"!!! And he listened. That is a well educated man right there. Go Harley or go home! Go Ant Go!!!
    [​IMG]
    Announcing driver...Mr. Joshua Shaw. He's fearless, and his got your number! Born with a wrench in one hand and a 000 Mack in the other. He has OHV on the brain, seriously! We think we have one upped him by removing four turns from our race track. Let's see if we can keep this man down. It's doubtful! Be afraid, be very afraid! Trophy girls, be careful kissing this winner, I think he may have a rash of fever blisters? Hence the get up..
    [​IMG]
    Announcing the MYSTERY racer!!! So, you want to be a race car driver huh? Do you like movies with gladiators? Have you ever seen a grown man naked??? Often wondered what it would be like ...to be a "Troglodyte"??? Well here's your chance!!! Step up to the plate young man or lady, buy yourself a Trog poster and win a chance to be in, "The Greatest Race On Earth". All drivers must be liscenced and have proof! You must sign your life away as well. If you are under 38 inches in height, do not worry! Most of the Oilers are only 3 feet tall. You too, can race a bonafied, warmed up little "Gow Job"!!! Think, ...you can beat an Oiler at his own game? Then race one!!! There mean, ...their ugly, ...they cheat!!! Get some!!! More details behind the Porto potties
    [​IMG]
    Announcing driver.. the Paris Hilton of Hot Rodding... Mr. Pete Flaven and his cat "Little Richie". Fear this man!!! Not because he's fast, not because he's 7 foot tall and full of muscles. Nor because he's so damn cute. He's just gosh darn, so damn weird, it's SCARY!!! Massachusetts own, Pete Flavor Flaven!
    [​IMG]

13. Pete

Pete

Fuckin love it!!!! Genius....

14. ELD

ELD

If someone could bring Pete a whoopee cushion he could use a little gas n go

15. Pete

Pete

I need a seat... Can't run the military one cuz the cars so damn small inside ! I think I'll grab one of grandmas cushions and just staple it to the floor.

16. 666

from New Jersey

Race prep in it's final stages over here at Ray's Hot Rods! See you all in a week! #742 #117 #831
    ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1411617891.982388.jpg

17. onekoolkat1950

onekoolkat1950

Wow, Ray's builds some awesome hot rods!!!!!!can wait to see em in person.

18. custom_lettering

custom_lettering
    from Wall, NJ

666...If I knew your shop was this cool I would have delivered the 1 Shot maroon to you just to hang out there!!!

19. That race raffle prize is awesome!!!

What happens if I show up early and buy all the posters? :D

CrazyUncleHarry likes this.
  20. Geets

Geets
    from NJ

Anyone know when they are going to post the event schedule on the website? Or at least some sort of times of what's going on those three days? I'm going to be there from Friday on and would like to plan out my weekend but can't seem to find out any info on when things get going each day of the race weekend.

21. ELD

ELD

via the website under the buy tickets page
    also oodles of info on the Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/OilersCCRaceOfGentlemen
    Friday, Oct 3rd - The Race Of Gentlemen PRE-PARTY w/ Dice Magazine; Chopper Exhibit : 8PM - ? @ Surfcomber Motel
    Saturtday, Oct 4th - The Race Day !!! : 8 AM Gates Open, Race begin around 10 AM; Vintage Motorcycles & Autos race on the beach at the water's edge ALL DAY !
    Saturday Evening - Beach Party : 8 PM - Midnight ; Live Rock n' Roll ALL NIGHT & Bonfire.
    Sunday, Oct 5th - The Racing Continues !!! : 8 AM Gates Open, Race begin around 10 AM; Vintage Motorcycles & Autos race on the beach at the water's edge ALL DAY !

TROG 2014 Full Weekend Pass
    This is the Full Monty! Access for the entire weekend to The Race Of Gentlemen and ALL of the party events in Wildwood, NJ! Join us on Friday night at 8pm for the pre-party with a "Chopper" motorcycle exhibit. Special guests include our friends from Dice Magazine. Our pals Grant, and Mike Davis from earth shattering Born Free motorcycle show will also be here. Live rock ’n roll by The Daddy Long Legs, Bloodshot Bill & more! Additional pre-party bands, surprise guests and the location will be announced soon!! Access for 2-FULL RACE DAYS, Saturday, October 4th & Sunday, October 5th, with Vintage Motorcycle & Auto races on the beach at the water's edge. The gates open at 8 AM, racing begins around 10 AM, each day. Live rock ’n roll during the races from The Swinging Neckbreakers & more. Access to the Saturday Evening Bonfire Beach Party! Join us from 8 PM to Midnight for a beach party & bonfire featuring Live Rock n’ Roll and more!

MrModelT likes this.
  22. ELD

ELD

The latest post from Hemmings Motor News
    Why The Race of Gentlemen is so important by Daniel Beaudry
    [​IMG]
    Images courtesy of David Carlo Photography, [email protected]

Some of you may be wondering what’s with all the attention we’ve (Hemmings Motor News) been giving The Race of Gentlemen in our blog, Facebook and print magazines lately. Maybe you question why Hemmings—long identified with stock classic, muscle and sports cars—decided to sponsor a race of hot rods and jalopy hop ups to begin with. Aren’t there plenty of other enthusiast publications out there more appropriate for covering these kinds of cars?

The answer is that what happens out there on the sands of Wildwood beach each October is special, and it’s important to the car hobby.

With its prewar focus, The Race of Gentlemen harks back to a time when machines and life seemed simpler;

- Read more of this great article at: http://blog.hemmings.com/index.php/2014/09/25/why-the-race-of-gentlemen-is-so-important/

23. 666

from New Jersey

Live from the RRL party for TROG in NYC

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1411692488.109537.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1411692499.793101.jpg

Taking Respect likes this.
  24. six pack to go

six pack to go
    from new jersey

25. tikiwagon13

tikiwagon13

One week and counting, this going to be fantastic. We are heading down on Thursday, anyone want to convoy?

26. The wifey and I will be setting out early Friday and hopping on the 2pm Lewes-Cape May Ferry! See y'all at the party!

Posted using the HAMB app on my iPhone.... How's that for traditional!?!?

27. Lazlobassett

Lazlobassett

We are leaving stupid o clock Thursday from cream ridge nj

28. ELD

ELD

Announcing driver.... Mr Clarke Bates in his number 9n Special. Mr. Bates went right to work, well... Only a couple of months ago building this little concoction of parts for The Race Of Gentlemen. Part, 1926 Ford roadster, and part who knows what? I do know that Mr. Bates is trying to confuse us all with his late model banger. She came from a 1941 Ford tractor. He's going to try an "plow" the competition.
    [​IMG]
    Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls... Dyin' time's here.....Now, when men get to racin', it happens here! And it finishes here! Two men enter; one man leaves....Announcing driver... Mr. Zach Suhr of the Flyers Car Club. Mr. Suhr is an old time favorite. He's not so old, but he thinks like a 100 year old man, and we like that about him. Zach has recreated and old family race car with this 1929 Ford roadster. It is a dupe of a car once driven by his uncle for dirt track racing. Please welcome Pennsylvanians own, Mad Zach!
    [​IMG]
    Hide your woman and children!!! No wait, ...this "Gentlemen" has his very own. Announcing rider... Mr. Josh Kohn. Mr. Kohn has always been there when you need him for support. He is a true family member to the #trog and has helped shape us from a motley crew, into what we refer to all our fellow racers as, "Troglodytes". Thanks brother Josh for all your love and support. With out friends/believers like these, it would just be @Dirtyest Devil and Hollywood racing around in his yard on old Harley's. Have fun at Trog folks, Mr. Kohn sure will!
    [​IMG]
    Announcing driver.. Mr. Mark Phelan in his Sachem "Special". Adventure is his middle name. Mr. Phelan hales from Sachem, Massachusetts and runs with the notorious, Alter Boys!!! This is Injun territory! Mark is another believer of the TROG. There for he too is stuck with us, and now deemed a Troglodyte! In our world, that is " Out of Sight"!!!
    [​IMG]

29. thunderplex

thunderplex

Big article about TROG in Hemming Muscle Machines this month. Nov 2014 issue.

Posted in the back seat of a Greyhound bus rolling down highway 41.

30. Thanks to Eld, aka... Poppa Horton to us.

If it wasn't for him, most people would be in the dark with my very sporadic posts. I'm so freakin busy. On toilet now killing two birds!

Miss ya! See ya soon...