Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods The Race of Gentlemen, 3rd Annual.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Dirtyest Devil, Apr 15, 2014.

1. Lazlobassett

Lazlobassett

Cheater secret # 502

Local airport has 100 octane low lead, no road tax costs not much more than super.. Usually bring a bunch of cans and say its for my uncles crop duster.... No, I don't have an uncles and when I did then sure as heck didn't have any crop duster but that is just part of the secret....they won't sell it to just anyone.

Cheers!

PS: Smells good too!

2. Lazlobassett

Lazlobassett

Hoping to take 667 to the Hot Rods N Harleys magazine open house party here in NJ this Sunday, maybe down to the rodders Journal party in baltimore next week.... it's almost a car!

3. T&A Flathead

T&A Flathead

How late to activities go on Sunday?

4. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67
    from J Town

Where's the Hot Rods & Harley's party being held?

5. Lowbuckboz

Lowbuckboz

No, I'm incorrect.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

Last edited: Sep 17, 2014
  6. Dem kernals are poppin!
    -Pat

7. Fordgasser1

Fordgasser1
    from Jersey

I think Matt meant the Hogs and Hotrods show at Atco raceway on Sunday?

I might show up to make a few passes in the 34..Maybe a few grudge races too?

evojoe67 likes this.
  8. ELD

ELD

Announcing driver... Mr. Bobby Green of the Oilers CC/MC, thee Old crow speed shop, and leader of the free world. Mr. Green is bringing his 1932 Ford five window all the way from the great state of California. A hot Flathead V8 and a vintage quickie hang from her rails. Bobby brought no records home from Bonneville this year due to wet conditions, let's see if Mr. Green has some better luck here in the New Jersey surf. Surfs up Bobby, hang ten!
    [​IMG]
    Announcing, this guy! Your host with most, the jack ass of all trades, master of none! Escapee of the a Willy Wonka chocolate factory. Oiler Extraordinare. He's not technically a dwarf, he's larger then the average gnome, mightier then a midget. Lover of all things mechanical or cute. Favorite color, is mauve. He's fast, he's fearless, he's your pal. Mr. Meldon Van Riper Stultz the turd. I mean 3rd. @yeoleghost Rallier of all things unimportant, lots of fun and or worth dying for! Team rider for the one and only, Harley Davidson! Goal in life, be the best dad in the world! Now go hug some one, or else!!!
    [​IMG]

9. ELD

ELD

Announcing driver.... Mr. Mark Conforth of the Injectors Car Club. Another Great NJ native, and hot rod hero to us pewee's! We whipper snappers learned most of our tricks from ole Mark. Mr. Conforth fell out of the scene a few years ago and could be seen touring in his brass era autos everywhere. Think The Race Of Gentlemen ignited Marks old spark again! He seems to be hopping up cars again to protect his turf. Get em Mark, get em! Little does he know, we will pressure him into bringing some "Hot Brass" soon as well.
    [​IMG]
    Announcing driver.... Mr. Cory Ketterhagen. Cory comes from the land of Harley Davidson, Milwaukee, Wisconsin! Casey's original 30 Ford roadster is warmed over. 276 c.i.d., 59AB Ford Flathead 3 5/16" Bore with 4" Mercury Crank Iskenderian 400 jr Cam Navarro Heads Geardrive Driveshaft Tapered Headers without baffles Thickstun PM-7 High Rise Intake Twin Holley 94's 39' Trans w/ Lincoln Zephyr Gear Set. That works!
    [​IMG]

Announcing rider.... Mr. Jim Seidell from Westhampton, Ma. This 1941, 741 scout was destroyed in a garage fire some years ago. Jim and his Grandson built it over the last winter for our race. The pistons and valves are from an Indian four cylinder, so it's now a 37 c.i. motor, and the cams and lifters are sport scout. Hit it hard Jim
    [​IMG]
    Announcing driver..... Mr. Justin Baas. Mr. Baas hails from Carlsbad, California where the original Oilers were from. Justin has been a friend for years and is ready to run with his single seater this year. Ohv which will run in Ohv Banger class. Good luck Justin. Happy travels.
    [​IMG]
    Announcing... Mr. Ken Oyler, this guy really wants a "Race Card". Name, Gump! Gump rules, he gets what he wants
    [​IMG]
    Announcing driver...everybody's favorite Oiler. Little Travis "Tuki" Hess. While you all know him for his amazing paint skills @tukipaintsit We all know him for being the sweetest little knome like man on the planet. Tukis 1938 roadster purrs like a kitten.
    [​IMG]
    Announcing driver.... Mr. Matt Cholerton, from parts unknown! By day Matt Man sneaks out from his secret lair where he works as a mechanical engineer with Northrop-Grumman, and at night he prefers more simpler technology in his top secret hiding place. Apparently a young Matt was asked to go run and hide and was never sought after. Anyway, Matt's batmobile is a 1928 Model A Speedster running a slightly warmed over 1932 B engine with a Lion Speed head, Scalded Dog intake, Stromberg 81 carburetor, and headers. Running a slightly modified 3:73 Model A rear and with the car weighing in at just over 900 lbs. It zips along at a good clip like Robin on a lubed zip line. That Robin sure liked lube. Holy Speedster Matt Man Go man Go!!!
    [​IMG]
    Announcing rider..... Mr. Rick Petko on his 1947 Harley Davidson WL. You may know Rick from his famous tv show, we know him as a strong friend and family member of the Trog! This dude is so solid! Love this guy. Rick is bring two HD's this year! 1947 Harley Davidson WL & 1947 Harley Davidson FL Knucklehead
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 21, 2014
  10. Pete

Pete

Wow, some real nice cars!

11. ELD

ELD

Announcing rider...Hollywood! Ok men, pick your ladies up off the floor, dust them off, and sit them back up please. Hollywood is here! Want to have a killer party? Invite Hollywood. Need some motorcycle advice? Why you should never own an Indian, Hollywood is here for you! Some punk keeps stealing your lunch, insert Mr. H Wood. He's a neatnik, he loves Yuengling, he has a work out bench in the middle of his living room, he has more Vintage HD parts then the Harley Museum and he won't sell you any. He's our pal! Most importantly, he bleeds Harley Davidson, every day. War broke out? Zombies are walking the earth? Hollywood is going riding, look out. We would root you on Mr. Hollywood, but you'll probably win, or lose and still steal all our chicks. He's ready for his close up Mr. DeMille
    [​IMG]

Announcing driver...
    Mr. Ben Haac. I believe Mr. Haac has thee only full fendered auto at #trog. It's got a nice little V8 with some rare speed goodies. He's set for Trog and dares any fender less car to step to the plate. He's ready, let's race!!!
    [​IMG]
    Announcing driver..., Steve, I mean Ray, I mean Jim. Jim is a great friend of the Trog. If we say we think we are racing, Steve, I mean Jim, is already building a new race car. He's Crafty, he gets around, he's crafty, he's always down! Steve's running a mid engine flathead V8 concoction from his hillbilly laboratory this year.
    [​IMG]
    Announcing driver..., the "Boners"! The Rolling Bones that is. Driver Mr. Ken Schmidt in George Poteets sweet 34 Ford. Flathead power! Get em Ken!
    [​IMG]

Announcing driver.....Mr. Jon Suckling of the Rolling Bones Speed team. Mr Suckling is flying in from Europe, boy are his arms going to be tired!
    [​IMG]

And then, there was this nut! Announcing driver ...Mr. Richie Whalen. Another Rolling Bones speed team member. It's true, he's not wrapped to tight, but he sure is outta sight! A real wild card.
    [​IMG]
    Announcing driver...... Mr. Dick DeLuna of Rolling Bones Speed team.
    [​IMG]
    Announcing.. the final Rolling Bones driver, Mr. Tom McIntyre. Toms a real serious player, with a fine machine. A real deal 1932 Ford five winder with a hot Flathead V 8. Toms only job at Trog, is keeping a short leash on his Rolling Bones associates. You've read a lot about these a Rolling Bones Boys. See they live on October 3,4, & 5 in the Wildwoods! Touch their flesh, ask them a million questions, touch, see, and feel them! Are they real? Only you can tell.
    [​IMG]
    Announcing driver,.... Mr. Michael Fairservice. Michael is our youngest racer, in his very early twenties. Little Mikey has scratch built his old Jalopy, piece by piece. Sporting a 1946 59 ab, this worn out 1929 Ford roadster, is now a sparkling red, little Gow-Job ready for action! Go "little" Mikey Go!!! We Oilers will be cheering you on, just don't let us down. Or else!
    [​IMG]
    Announcing driver...... Mr. Brian Bozarth in his 1928 Ford roadster. Mr. Bozarth comes all the way from a very strange land, we call it South Jersey! This little hop up was built from pieces out of NJ junkyards, it is amazing what you can still find. She's no junk yard special though. She sports a warm little banger with a fresh grind. A "Speedy" Bill Carlson header, B. C. Chop-It on the #hamb!!! And some other traditional Henry Ford goodies! Thank you Henry! Go Brian Go!
    [​IMG]
    Announcing driver... Mr Petey Dobosz. An oblivious crowd favorite and blood brother of the Oilers CC/MC. Keep your eyes on this wild card. He is a true original, and one sexy piece of ass! Peteys 32 Ford was giving to him by his father after Petey built a car from scratch years ago. Peteys dad was so proud, he gave his son this beautiful 32 sedan. Most kids deserve little, this little guy deserves the world!
    [​IMG]
    Announcing rider..... Mr. Billy Applegate. Aka, one half of the "Flyin Cubans" race team. So that's half a cuban please. Mr Applegate will be very stiff competition out there for all you want to be racers. Billy boy, half a Cuban, holds top points in the country right now racing vintage flat track across the US. Behold his 1943 Harley-Davidson Knucklehead, and fear him damn it! By the way, this is one of Marty's boys, yes...Marty the engine builder and all around pain in our ass at Trog! Kidding, we love him. Spank them Indians Billy, spank em!
    [​IMG]
    Announcing rider..... Mr. Dick Gaudio on his 1931 Indian 74 cubic inch twin. We have ourselves a treat here. Dick might just be our oldest racer. He is 75 years old and still filled with piss and vinegar. The true treat, is that Dick is bringing three Indians from the collection of legendary motorcycle racer Francis Clifford. Mr. Clifford was a prominent racer from the San Francisco area, and held many records with both Indian and Harley Davidson motorcycles. More details on Mr. Clifford and a tribute to him in our 2014 Trog program. Stay tuned!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Announcing rider.....Tom Keene racing another Francis Clifford racer that Dick Caudio will be bringing 2000 miles to race
    [​IMG]
    Announcing driver.... Mr. Jerry Laboranti in his sweet 1932 Ford three window. Mr. Laboranti is a member of the Aces & Eights Car Club. We dig club participation, and the Aces always support their men. Maybe with an Ardun flathead, Mr. Laboranti doesn't need much help. Lay wheels Laboranti Lay wheels!
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 21, 2014
  12. TBone69

TBone69
    from NJ

Man O Man, can't wait. Just booked a room at the Seagull, gonna head down Friday with the Family.

ELD likes this.
  13. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67
    from J Town

There's gonna be a lot of drool on the beach after this one!
    Those are some serious rides!

14. onekoolkat1950

onekoolkat1950

These cars are rad! I can't wait to square up against these fuckers!

15. Pete

Pete

Shit, think I'm gonna have to refi the house next year , looks like the cars are kinda high falutin....

general gow likes this.
  16. blindowl

blindowl
    BANNED
    from MASS

Can we get a count on how many guys built cars just for the ROG

general gow likes this.
  17. Lowbuckboz

Lowbuckboz

I was building mine either way. This just sped my up a bit.

18. 666

from New Jersey

Purpose built race car here. Built from the ground up just for TROG.

19. HOLLYWQQD

HOLLYWQQD
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from central NY
    1. New York H.A.M.B.ers

Villains cc did our car just for this years race . Started buying parts when I got back from jersey last year ! ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1411383763.941686.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1411383791.892921.jpg

20. dieselbronco

dieselbronco
    from jamesburg

Mine is just for the race and some short drives

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using H.A.M.B. mobile app

evojoe67 likes this.
  21. '54Caddy

'54Caddy

@blindowl and I got the old 227b fired up this weekend. Look at that ass shake!

T&A Flathead and evojoe67 like this.
  22. '54Caddy

'54Caddy

23. banjorear

banjorear

Dang, looks like some great rides and even better folks will be duking it out on the sand of Wildwood this fall. Best of luck to all and thanks to the Oilers CC for putting this together.

24. general gow

general gow
    Staff Member

Progress continues on the Sachem. Fired it up Friday night. Still some bugs to work out. But I'm off to the shop for the day now. See you all in Jersey. We leave in 10 days!

[​IMG]

'54Caddy likes this.
  25. blindowl

blindowl
    BANNED
    from MASS

Keep the pics coming ! I'm almost there haha

26. Lowbuckboz

Lowbuckboz

Not running yet, fuel system needs finished. But, I do have brakes now. Needs to be driving this week. ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1411441445.810526.jpg

27. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

diggin' the shit outta your little roadster

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  28. Lowbuckboz

Lowbuckboz

Thanks man! I love it, is what I in visioned.

29. That is amazing dude!

30. That's enough to make me drive down and see it in person!! Awesome!!