Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage The Race of Gentlemen, 2nd Annual 2013

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Dirtyest Devil, Jul 9, 2013.

1. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

This is some amazing photo work man. Great work!

2. flash

flash

Dearest Race of Gentlemen, oh how I long for another weekend with you. Your sweet memory will warm my long winter nights. By day, the warm sun on our backs and sweet sand at our feet...by night, cuddling next to the bonfire in the cool misty fog. You were a dream. I hope to dream of you tonight. Until we meet again...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. TBone69

TBone69
    from NJ

Thought you folks might enjoy the view of the ROG through a 10 year olds point of view.

Ya there may be a thumb or finger in the picture but he caught some really cool shots with sun glare in them. He also took a ton of videos, came out better than mine:)

He cant stop talking about it and said "Dad we have to finish our car so we can race on the beach next year"

Attached Files:

4. TBone69

TBone69
    from NJ

Couple more, he really digs those 32 grille shells :)

Attached Files:

5. Yes, we are working on it. We have three definite places we are looking into.

We are looking in Ca., Texas, and speaking with officials already in Daytona.

Cali, we would love Carlsbad, but are looking into Pismo Beach too.

Jason Elrod, aka the "Snake Kisser" has scouted an amazing location in texas. Galveston.

We are open to other ideas but it is a lot to process. Towns and states can be time consuming to deal with.

Our wish is not to saturate the country. But possibly skip around if we decide to keep it moving vs being stuck in NJ.

It is so much work, but so much fun. Truly, I'd like to see it done twice a year and skip around. Maybe get some finals going on between all our friends.

Wildwood was an absolute great venue, it just needs some tweaking before I can say yes it will happen there again.

Keep building though, cause I'm getting ready for number 3 somewhere.

Thanks to all, and to all a good morning! I'm off to Hershey!!! Sweet sweet Hershey.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

6. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

Great idea to move the show around!!! One question, wouldn't Ormond beach be more appropriate than Daytona? Just wondering. Gary

7. Rattaxi48

Rattaxi48
    from ohio

Had a freakin blast. the central ohio boys will be back next year . Hope to have the others with us next year. How long till we here next years date.

8. firerod

firerod
    from Colorado

These pictures are awesome! Thanks to all who posted.

9. Luckyred53

Luckyred53

We had a great time - awesome weather ..

Attached Files:

10. Luckyred53

Luckyred53

Cars were amazing .. Cant wait till next year …

Attached Files:

11. ELD

ELD

12. jkeesey

jkeesey

Saw a bunch of Gopro cameras in cars while racing. When are these videos gonna hit?

13. that was probably for the live feed? :confused:

14. May have been for something else, as they put a GO pro on my car for a run on Saturday.

15. jkeesey

jkeesey

I was assuming they were for personal use. Id imagine the live feed would have been something more technical judging by the other cameras they were using.

16. I met your dad Mel, he was staying at the Blue Palm where we were. Cool dude! He was talking about how he was on his way to get a tattoo and this was around midnight!

[​IMG]

17. Lazlobassett

Lazlobassett

Friends just texted me this found somewhere ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1381344723.881830.jpg

Me n my guys getting off the beach , what a ride that was !

Hope to find video !

Cheers !

18. Nobey

Nobey

This has got to be the coolest thing on the PLANET!!!!!!!!!

19. ELD

ELD

20. ELD

ELD

Photo courtesy of Armed Services member, Parker Gyokeres and Photonemotion.
    Next year he wants to bring a multicopter with the camera gimbal and shoot some aerials!

21. ELD

ELD

Jason Ellis has some GoPro videos from inside cars, on bikes, etc that he needs to post. He has a great one on Mel's bike when he was doing stunts!

22. fritzz

fritzz
    from canada

23. Lazlobassett

Lazlobassett

Thank you Parker! Love that pic as do the crew holding on, made my day!

24. Deluxe 3 Window

Deluxe 3 Window
    from colorado

THANK YOU MEL,TOM and all OILERS, You guys pulled off an epic event!!! Im back in Denver now and my head is still spinning. Im so glad I made the 1800 mile trip out to be part of it. It was awsome to get to run the piss out of my roadster on the beach! and winning the v-8 class was unexpected and the $1000.00 prize money is awsome! THANKS to every one that made this event happen. Scott

25. ELD

ELD

26. misskate

misskate

27. Lazlobassett

Lazlobassett

Out of control, off the hook! How can I contemplate reality and stupid work stuff? Well. I can't. That is the answer.

I don't know you ELD but most probably met you over the last few days, cheers! on a great job!

Matt N crew

28. Outstanding event Oilers! Like an explosion....if you missed it, well you missed it. Not ever gonna be another event exactly like it. BUT, better be ready for the next one! Looks like the New Jersey bunch does NOT disappoint.

And the FLAG GIRLS......is this a great country or WHAT????? Thanks ladies!!

29. Tim, Were you there? If so you stayed hidden, cause I sure didn't see you!

Sent from my Motorola Electrify using H.A.M.B. mobile app

30. ELD

ELD