Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage The Race of Gentlemen, 2nd Annual 2013

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Dirtyest Devil, Jul 9, 2013.

1. Pete

Pete

This is my favorite pic!!!

That's "Inga" letting out a "bit" of smoke......

Pete-

P.s.

That was so much fun!!!!!!

It's like being 16 again and touching a boob for the first time!!!

Attached Files:

2. I love boobs!

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

3. Thank you sir! See you guys next time. Glad you made it.

4. View attachment 2047615

Whoa!!!!! This is why you shouldn't chop it, this way you can still find it.

5. ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1381194704.042792.jpg

6. Flimflam

Flimflam

Couldn't make it last year, made it this year and had a f*cking blast. Not even close to going through all my photos, but I've covered Friday and Saturday pre-race...I'll have even more tomorrow.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I've got WAY more coming...just takes time to process it all! Thanks for looking, check out my FB page for ALLLL the pics. Huge thanks to all the Oilers and all responsible for such a kick ass event. I won't ever miss it in the future.

7. JohnForLife

JohnForLife
    from NEW JERSEY

Even though I was there and saw everything, all of these pictures are just pumping me back up. Mel, hats off to you and the oilers and who ever else helped. This event is like nothing else. Was awesome just being there, then my brother let me race his 831 roadster and just made my weekend. Hope next year I can get out there and do some tricks with you on bikes.

8. ROLLINGBONES 1A

ROLLINGBONES 1A

Pete
    That's what HOT RODS are about man that was fun !!!!!!!!!!!!! and knowing' you i think we'll have to bring two hot rods next year just to have a chance .
    we will be waiting for you

9. Ken,
    Well it looks like this would have been a real blast for sure. Wish I could have made it. Sure am glad you got to partake in it. Hope you took some photos also. Looks to be a killer event with tons of killer hot rods.
    Mayor Dennis

10. T__N__A

T__N__A

Thanks again Mel for letting my dad and I test our cars out on the beach and push them to the limits. Once I a lifetime opportunity is what my dad said.

Only one suggestion for next year, could you make the ridiculously huge checks a bit smaller?? I almost had to leave it behind cuz it almost didnt fit in my truck! Haha

11. jkeesey

jkeesey

Good luck finding a ridiculously large bank to cash it :rolleyes:

12. ROLLINGBONES 1A

ROLLINGBONES 1A

Mr. Mayor
    Garage night in Feb, Bonneville in Aug. Race of Gentlemen in Oct. the three best hot rod events going - plan on it

13. six pack to go

six pack to go
    from new jersey

Jalopy Showdown in Latimore PA is a good one too bones^^ ROG is king tho!! haha

14. 562roadster

562roadster

Damn! looks like a great time! Hope to make it out to this event.

15. Lazlobassett

Lazlobassett

John for life has it nailed! I still feel the high of being out there on the sand, I think I have stress tested my Banger and heard it sing loud, it's ok now!

Can't thank Mel and the Oilers enough for the effort and time, can't wait for next year or I hear there is a rumor it mght go 2X a year?

In the shop tonight I was looking over the 40's midget with the 60 hp flatty and the methenol burning Stude 6... Maybe Mel will tell me which to work on. The stude would go in a chopped '27 chevy coupe.

Attached Files:

16. flash

flash

Ken and Pete battling it out:

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/emqgKtJf8Xs?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

17. metalhotrodgirl

metalhotrodgirl

damn this event is amazing , hard to narrow down pictures ! hahaha
    truly mel and the oilers did an amazing job picking the right machines to race in this event !
    and I thank Mel for letting me take photos, here are a few , so much more to get threw

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. Hey man, you guys rule for all your pre race car building and actually getting it done and in the show. Car looked great, your bro killed it. You local guys need to stay in touch more. Lets build more vintage bikes! Ill be wall riding in November. It's time to build our own wall!

19. Oh yeah! We need to talk about those. Cool!

Side note; No paddle tires next year for anyone. Not needed and the destroy the track.

Great times with you guys.

20. Ha! I can't wait to see you guys again!

Please stay in touch via email.

21. unclescooby

unclescooby
    from indy

I don't go to shows and I never finish cars. Nothing calls out to me...not Bonneville, not anything. Until now. This show speaks to me on every level. I've got a 1920 dodge roadster with a later flathead six that I REALLY want to run on that beach. Amazing effort from you guys putting on the coolest event I've seen.

sko_ford likes this.
  22. 327-365hp

327-365hp
    from Mass

"Wait, must concentrate, can't focus, damn it. That girl must be kryptonite!"

[​IMG]

23. Lazlobassett

Lazlobassett

It seemed like such a good idea.....I really didn't think about how it would tear up the track, didn't have that much depth of thought.....sure did work tho! I can see where it would make a huge mess.

Next year I'lll have more conventional tires and a locked rear, I really think I can give Mike a run for his money, OHV banger vs OHV banger!

I'll get you next year Left Coaster! :)

( yep, still got a buzz on! )

24. thunderbirdesq

thunderbirdesq

Damn... I don't even know what to say except thanks... To Mel and the Oilers, my old pals and new ones, and everyone involved in making this deal happen. So surreal, it seems like a dream at this point. Too much fun!

25. Rivet

Rivet

I am still on a high from the weekend that is for sure. I love seeing all the photos and reliving all the fun from the weekend.

I have to say the highlight of the weekend for me at least was seeing Mel's mom's smile after taking her out for a ride after loosing the finals to Mike's sweet ass overhead valve monster! In my defense I forgot to turn the fuel valve on at the line, not that it would have made much of a difference, holy Shi.. that car is fast.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

26. LOPESphotographics

LOPESphotographics

I have thousands of photos from the event but here is the first one I've uploaded!
    If you wanna keep keep checking back look for my page on facebook.
    LOPESphotographics
    [​IMG]

And again, HUGE thank you to NJ's Oilers and Wildwood for such an awesome event!!!
    Met so many great people!

27. BrandonF

BrandonF

Mel, great event had a blast can't wait for next year. Genius idea having #ducktape for a chance to win 500$. Pictures galore. Hope you take the week off and recoupe from all your hard work and motorcycle crashes. (They were awesome)

28. IronTrap

IronTrap

I was only able to make it Saturday, but I snapped over 100 pics. I put up a little blog post/coverage on the Eastwood Blog. Thanks for such a great event, I really wanna put a car together for this! Couple pics below, but the rest are on the EW blog here: http://blog.eastwood.com/eastwood-chatter/race-of-gentlemen-2013/

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 8, 2013
  29. what an awesome looking day...

30. Carter

Carter

1381241758800.jpg

Not sure who took this picture, but I love it, and not just because it's the only time in the run Mike wasn't ahead of me. :D