Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage The Race of Gentlemen, 2nd Annual 2013

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Dirtyest Devil, Jul 9, 2013.

1. ELD

ELD

2. Yesterday I had the unexpected opportunity to bring home a late 1936 casting, "diamond" B motor! Bored .030 over, with counter-weighted crank.

Later in the evening, while showing my parents my RoG speedster entry, I attempted to show my mother how the A motor in the car can be hand-cranked to start. Damn thing is seized up!

Coincidence? Needless to say the B motor is going to the machine shop for a checkup on Monday morning....

3. bkrpop

bkrpop

I have been to wings and wheels in the past in Millville and its a great show!

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

4. NickJT

NickJT
    from S.E. PA

Yes it is. I've been there, ,too, and love that show. I'll try to make this one, too. But my posting about it in this thread was in hopes of protecting the citizens of Wildwood, NJ.

5. Pete

Pete

ELD,

Thats kicks ass! I love it...any chance I could buy a full size copy from you???

pete-

6. Pete

Pete

Today was a good day!!!

Most of the club came over to my shop and thrashed on the roadster. Jim, Tony, Jay and John stopped by, everybody grabbed a wrench and started working, we actually took it for a ride!!!!! Yup, its first ride ever.

Pete-

7. gonzo

gonzo

Damn good although I mostly drank coffee.

8. Search Dog

Search Dog
    from Western CT

9. Ouch!

10. six pack to go

six pack to go
    from new jersey

Crashing sucks, especially in a roadster!!! WOW!!

11. ThrottleJockey

ThrottleJockey

At the shop today with Bill (aagasser), he is lettering the car. I remember watching him when I was young and he would letter my fathers racecars. Always great to spend the day watching him paint.

Attached Files:

12. bobfromnj

bobfromnj
    from nj

I am in Wildwood now this is going to be crazy perfect place for this race

13. lorodz

lorodz

Looks good

14. Just heard we may actually get a few WW2 birds fly over. Ask and you shall receive! Turns out we got a friend with a 42 jeep that wants to pitch in to pull cars if should need be. He's putting the word out to some friendly fly boys of his.

15. six pack to go

six pack to go
    from new jersey

16. As if the music of hopped up bangers, snarling V twins, and those sexy, sultry flathead V8's singing against the backing vocals of the surf and the roar of the crowds wasn't enough, the maestro of mayhem has sought out that virtuoso soloist of internal combustion.....the Rolls Royce Merlin V12!!!

Hoping they fly low....and LOUD!!!

17. ELD

ELD

Pete, the image size is 9.722 inches x 5.25 inches, save it and use yer own gotdang ink!

18. aagasser

aagasser
    from ny

It was a good day to be sure, great shop to work in TJ. Maybe when you and J9 have a little "Throttle Jockey" I can letter the third generations ride.;)

19. lorodz

lorodz

Bill the pictures do the car no justice ..I seen it in person today..wow ..speechless looks so period, love the custom color center line to split the lighter colors up.....awsome job

20. Any pictures of those plane's? This event can't get any better!

21. TBone69

TBone69
    from NJ

All ready thinking about the ROG III, how are you going to top this year. Race cars delivered by WWII Landing craft?

Nothing like the sound of a P51 diving down with the Supercharged Merlin singing!!!!

22. aagasser

aagasser
    from ny

Thanks Joe, I cant wait to see it all together.

23. plym_46

plym_46
    from central NY

Have you tried to talk to any of the 4wd drive clubs that bang around int he Pine Barrens to see if they might want to provide (ahem) recovery services??? Remember guys turn toward the water when making U turns.................

24. ELD

ELD

25. Plm 46, Funny you should mention this as I have just returned from the beach with news of our conditions to report to you.

If you witnessed last years race, I will tell you now... This beach is different then last years. In fact it is different then any other beach I have seen in NJ.

It is a perfect place to race. It is hard!

There will be no running from the rising tide either, as it is wide.

Can't wait.

26. bobfromnj

bobfromnj
    from nj

Was there this weekend a truck drove by and did not even make a dent in sand

27. jkeesey

jkeesey

Would it be too late to send in an entry?

28. Jkeesley. Yes it's too late!

But, there are a few guys building cars that may not finish in time. So send some pics and details to our email, [email protected]

There is a little room for pre war bikes. But our full page add in the National AMCA magazine has yet to come out.

29. Hey all, forgot to tell you. We did finally get our website going.

You can buy your weekend pass/tickets for our Wildwood weekender now online.

Theraceofgentlemen.com

We are still working on it, so it's a work in progress. We will be adding some stuff as we go.

We are also hoping to simulcast the race this year for you ladies and gentleman that can not make this event. Working this idea out now. Stay tuned!

30. jkeesey

jkeesey

Thanks Devil. I will send the pics in. If I don't make it to race I may just trailer the car down for shows anyhow.