Register now to get rid of these ads!

The Race of Gentlemen, 2015

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Dirtyest Devil, Dec 17, 2014.

1. Pass this on!!!

My favorite hang time is on Thursday night as we begin to see Racers enter Wildwood early and from far away. Customs sneak in, bikes, and friends willing to help us on the beach for the big to do!

Thursday night it feels real! What we have been waiting for all year. Friends and racers gather at the airstreams to get their first look at the competition for the big weekend. Lots of hugs and secret hand shakes. Introductions from far away lands. New friends... new found Troglodytes to our ever growing Trog family.

I love Thursday night! I know racers agree, and many others soon express they will never miss Thursday again either. So...

This year we are planning to add a little treat for you folks coming in early.

Racers, there will be a VIP party in your honor. A Gentlemens toast to you and yours! A little BBQ, and the usual bench race antics in our racers lot, under the stars next to our Airstreams. Damn I want to be there already!

The other added treat! We are starting a Cruise night for you custom guys. Go ahead, divert all the girls attention in your fancy cars while we play grab ass at our race meeting. Hahahaaaaa.

Truth is, we hate cars sitting still! We love watching bikes and cars in motion under the vintage neon lights. So this year we bring you "Wildwood Nights". Hahaaaa... Please bring your trumpets and serenade me!!!

So Thursday we will start the cruising! Come one and come all!!!

More info to come on the cruise! Stay tuned

CrazyUncleHarry likes this.
  2. dieselbronco

dieselbronco
    from jamesburg

Well I guess I'll be there with a new car again. Should be a fast one too. Haha

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using H.A.M.B. mobile app

3. onekoolkat1950

onekoolkat1950

Can't wait 2 see that!

4. Tedders

Tedders

We will be arriving early Thursday staying at the esplanade

5. Room is booked, passes will be purchased soon, now for IronFord and I to get the '32 Tudor ready! I know we won't get on the sands, but still will be really cool to drive from North Dakota in a Tudor! Can't wait!

6. chiro

chiro

Room booked. Arrive Thursday. Will be bringing my '31 59AB Flathead Tudor AV8. Maybe they will even relax the rules a bit and let me race. ;)

Andy

7. Hey all.

Please submit you race entries at...

[email protected]

We can not answer questions or race submissions on the Hamb. We only post info for you here. Thanks!!!

8. For those who don't plan ahead, the Starlux is all booked up for the 2nd - 4th. Hotel rooms go quick.

9. Tedders

Tedders

The esplanade was sold out to except the studio rooms

10. Angry Frenchman

Angry Frenchman

do you think Bobby RyDell will release a new song? wildwood nights

11. I stayed at the Blue Palms two years ago. It's the sister-hotel to the Starlux. A bit further down the street from the Starlux then some of the other hotels are, but it was right across the street from the beach access. I believe it's the same access point again this year. Maybe @Dirtyest Devil can confirm.

Anyways, it was nice and clean, everything from the bedspreads to the bathroom.

12. Ricky Rocket

Ricky Rocket

Thanks Speedy, but they're sold out.

13. tikiwagon13

tikiwagon13

We stayed at the Stardust last year and just booked our room for this year. They might have done rooms left, they are down near the race access. Clean rooms, no complaints.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

14. The Race of Gentlemen has been spotted by overhead surveillance! This is the satellite image from Google Maps showing either set up, or aftermath from TROG 2014. Wildwood Satellite.jpeg

CrazyUncleHarry and patmanta like this.
  15. looks like the aftermath.

16. blindowl

blindowl
    BANNED
    from MASS

I think I see my tracks

17. jkeesey

jkeesey

We were at the blue palms last year and plan on staying there again. Very nice place and cheaper than some of the other hotels.

18. Ricky Rocket

Ricky Rocket

Ended up at the Seagull Motel, all the hotels are filling up fast.

19. blindowl

blindowl
    BANNED
    from MASS

All booked ! Thursday- Monday

20. onekoolkat1950

onekoolkat1950

TORRnados invade the beach!

'54Caddy likes this.
  21. If you look at the Google streetview of the Starlux, you will still see Mike Santiago's racer sitting in the parking lot!

Speedy Canuck likes this.
  22. ThompsonSpeed

ThompsonSpeed

Sorry if it's already been asked, but is there a place in town that will let an RV in for the weekend?

23. T&A Flathead

T&A Flathead

I'm staying at the LeVoyaguer again. It is about 2 blocks from the starlux. Nice , clean, and cheap.

24. Carter

Carter

Just a heads up, we just got a mailer from the American Safari, Gondolier, Aztec, Buttercup Suites group of hotels, and they list a Race of Gentlemen weekend package for October 9th weekend. So if you call or have called one of those places for rooms and asked for the Race of gentlemen weekend, may want to double check the dates they reserved for ya.

25. Ricky Rocket

Ricky Rocket

26. Tedders

Tedders

I wouldn't expect my slightly warmed banger rpu to be accepted but still if there is a bunch of us there parked everywhere hanging out what could be better? It will be my first time attending. Paid for the passes, staying at a motel in the action I'm sure we will feel very much a part of it even if your not racing. Long as I get to meet some peeps in person, in a sea of vintage rods and get access to some of the moonshine I saw in last years pics I'll be good. I do however have a question about trailer parking, I'm coming down from NB Canada

27. Ricky Rocket

Ricky Rocket

Tedders, I'm with you. My banger is the cat's ass around here, but I'm afraid the bar at TROG is going to be raised to the point only those with super radical or those with access to high dollar rare vintage race cars and parts will be considered. I'm converting my "A" to an AV8 but will most likely not be able to make the cut. I'm really looking forward to being there this year but I will never be able to participate if it gets too hard to even be allowed to enter.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2015
  28. Tedders

Tedders

Again never been before but these guys and the ones that associate from what I can tell would appreciate dedication and let you play sooner then later..just a hunch

29. Ricky Rocket

Ricky Rocket

Hope so, the Oilers and their friends do an outstanding job on this event. Can't wait for October. just hope I get the opportunity to play! :D

30. blindowl

blindowl
    BANNED
    from MASS

We spent about 1100 $ on the 1/2 fast. It was cheap , fun and fast as hell ! ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1423443596.435090.jpg