Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects The Quest for the 34 Coupe

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Duke, Aug 6, 2008.

1. Duke

Duke

So I bought the car I have always wanted out of the HAMB classifieds, a 34 Ford 5 window. The only problem...it was 1,300 miles away. I tried to get it shipped, but the only way that seemed to work was to go and get it myself.
    To fund my trip I sold a 29 sport coupe body and frame to Barn core on the HAMB. I brought the 29 with me to Sacramento and passed it on to Barn core. It was a long trip with very little sleep. We left Canada on a Wednesday after work and were home again at 1AM on Sunday.
    [​IMG]
    We knew we were getting close to the car when Palm trees started showing up on the side of the highway.

[​IMG]
    Are here it is!!
    [​IMG]
    The coupe was an old racer that was last raced in 1954 and the owner was planning to put it back on the track (you can see the cage in the pictures).
    [​IMG]
    You can see the racing has resulted in lots of damage. It is rough, but fixable.
    [​IMG]
    Here is what it looked like before the last owner sand blasted it.

2. Stevie Nash

Stevie Nash

Good luck! I love road trips... keep us posted!

3. ctmcca

ctmcca

What a great project. Are you going to make it look like the old racer or give it a new look?

4. I SMELL SMOKE

I SMELL SMOKE

i always wanted a 34. enjoy it

5. Duke

Duke

The build will be traditional, unsplit 33 bones, cycle fenders (law requirement here), motor??? flatty or ???, 40 rear. I am thinking about painting it black (it was black and white as a racer) and putting the lettering on it.
    I just need to find some of 34 parts now. Anyone have the header that goes over the windshield? I would also like to find a better frame. I might be able to fix the one that came with the car, but it is rough.

6. ss34coupe

ss34coupe

Duke, glad to see you got back ok with the coupe - now the fun begins! Don't be in any hurry and it will all come together. Will help locate parts for you and do whatever else I can. Good luck, it will be a great project!!

7. Duke

Duke

Thanks SS34, this build will not be a quick one. I am going to finish the A coupe this year and just collect parts and knowledge for the 34 build.

8. Lono

Lono

just down the street if you need a hand anytime.

I like it!

9. Duke

Duke

Thanks Lono!!

10. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

I just love to see old Fords saved from the crusher/shredder ... looks like it is a serious project but time, knowledge and dedication can save it. Go for it ... and keep us posted on the progress ... please.

11. Jethro

Jethro
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Nice!.....It feels good to get what you've always wanted doesn't it!

You gonna be at the Watkins cruise in this weekend? We're going to do the whole weekend this year, maybe see you there....Jeff

Last edited: Aug 8, 2008
  12. 55 buick

55 buick

great score,there Duke. now the fun begins

13. buckeye_01

buckeye_01

That rocks man. I had my eye on that 34, but it didn't last to long in the classifieds. Good luck, and please post progress pics.

14. Duke

Duke

Jethro, I might make it to Watkins. I am trying to get some stuff done so I can go to the Invasion next week. Stop in if you want.

Thanks for the good comments guys. Anyone have some parts they want to get rid of, going to a good cause!!

15. A guy here in Spokane has a decent frame for 800.00. If you want info, PM me.

16. Duke

Duke

Sent you a PM Chris, Thanks.