Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features The Prewar Pileup · June 10-11, 2022 Catoosa, OK

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by chaddilac, Dec 1, 2021.

1. Anderson

Anderson

Just like the 40’s bro

Tman, WiredSpider, Bigmac48 and 4 others like this.
  2. burl

burl
    from Minnesota

what about shiny paint ? db roadster.jpg

3. chaddilac

chaddilac

Shiny, rusty, or old flakey paint.... we have no preference as long as you meet the rest of the requirements! We'd love to have you!

4. burl

burl
    from Minnesota

it will have a brushed coat of paint by then just have to pick a color. Some of the best events i have been to had A, plenty of rules B, A good reliability run where we actually drive our shit and C, Some kind of gathering to meet and great not sitting round in chairs picking each others rides apart. Sounds like this could be a good time.

5. chaddilac

chaddilac

You're one of the few that "get it"!!!

6. stanlow69

stanlow69
    Member Emeritus

No trailer parking allowed with-in 200 miles. Right.

7. winduptoy

winduptoy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'm not crying so don't place me in that category. I'm in New Mexico and we don't have a bazillion car shows...I have to come to Oklahoma for that.... and I will drive there in the banger powered car I attend in.
    I trust when the web site gets sorted out you will have additional information for lodging and the such?
    Thanks for the effort it takes to put an event on....

8. stubbsrodandcustom

stubbsrodandcustom
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Spring tx

I guess I nailed the requirements without trying...

COUPE 68.jpg

9. poco

poco
    from oklahoma

Chad caught some flack for what i posted, but it is what i think.

Tman, Boneyard51 and Anderson like this.
  10. Roothawg

Roothawg

Good luck Chad. We may have to swing by and check it out. I’m an OHV guy, so I’ll be spectating.

Dang, I just read that it’s the same weekend as the CCR. Sorry, can’t make it this year. Good luck and stick to your guns.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2021
  11. alchemy

alchemy

I’d love to attend, but the reliability run would be me driving the flathead from Iowa to Oklahoma. The car might make it but my old hide wouldn’t.

rod1, walter, winduptoy and 4 others like this.
  12. continentaljohn

continentaljohn

Chad sounds like my kind of event thanks for putting it together.

winduptoy and Boneyard51 like this.
  13. Roothawg

Roothawg

Don’t be a girl…

14. Bigmac48

Bigmac48
    from Dundalk Md

Sorry for being so flip , getting grouchy in my old age .

15. chaddilac

chaddilac

You guys ain't hurting my feelings... we're putting on the kind of car show we want. I just invited all ya'll suckers to be nice. LOL!

16. chaddilac

chaddilac

Awesome!!!!

stubbsrodandcustom likes this.
  17. Inked Monkey

Inked Monkey

If I paint the back of my aluminum radiator can I attend? Everything else fits. I drive the shit out of this thing.

20210717_144059.jpg

18. sshep

sshep
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

No one should be upset over the rules of the show. First and foremost it is obviously his show. So his party, his rules. I can not even begin to tell you how hard it is to put on a show like this unless you have a really dedicated team all working together. That said, it still ain't easy by any stretch. Location, logistics, supplies, people, and insurance are just a few of the issues you have to deal with. Don't forget that bitch Mother Nature too! So when someone tries to have a show/gathering/event that you may want to attend but your car does not qualify for what ever reason, please don't attack them for daring to do something they want. Like I said it ain't easy. If you don't believe me, give it a try yourself and you will quickly understand.

19. chaddilac

chaddilac

I like it but you'll have to submit a registration and see if the judges will allow that. I would put that in the details though so they can tell you what needs to happen. Website should be up and running mid week.

Nailed it brother!! You get it also!!

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  20. Pre-French-Algerian War? The term "pre-war" typically means pre-WW2, which would obviously move your cut-off to 1941.

You know automatic transmissions were available before 1954, right? Right off the bat you're eliminating someone with that has a 1953 Chevrolet with its original Powerglide, for example.

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  21. Pretty sure the pre-45 car cutoff would also eliminate the 53 Chevy. Seems we are looking for more reasons to tell Chad why this won’t work than why it will. My guess is that this isn’t going to be huge...but those are also the best events. I personally hope it goes great. This is the type of event to actually build a car for.

22. Roothawg

Roothawg

Well I do have a flathead a guy gave me…

23. If Chad would have only started this a year ago...you might not have had it. :rolleyes:

24. Roothawg

Roothawg

Come get it. It’s right where you left it.

25. Lol...we both know I wouldn’t really do anything with it. Just seemed like a good excuse, but you saw right through it. :oops:

Dan Hay likes this.
  26. Roothawg

Roothawg

Ha!

27. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Very Kool idea and I love the format. I wish I could attend but I don't have anything that would make the cut. We all get what you are building and it will be worth the effort. Just think how kool the Spectator parking lot will be. I'll be paying attention to see how it comes together. Please keep us posted..

28. Sounds like a killer show. Think theres too many rules? Go start your own show.
    A few of us down in Houston want to make the trip up. Would be a hardcore reliability run just getting there in my flathead roadster, but sounds totally worth it ;)

29. chaddilac

chaddilac

Awesome brother!!! Thanks for the support!!

Thanks Mick!!

30. chaddilac

chaddilac

Some of the entries so far..... Just so you know where we're at. :)

KevinStubblefield_30Coupe.png ChrisDixon_TLakester.png DavidArnett_1929ARoadster.png EsauRamirez_1928ARoadster.png JohnLakey.png JasonBrackeen_29Roadster.png TreyLatour_1927TRoadster.png RobertSStehl_37Chevycoupe.png