Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features The Pictures are back

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hrm2k, Jun 30, 2018.

1. hrm2k

hrm2k
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I was on another site earlier this evening and noticed the pictures that were linked to Photobucket which went away are back. I went through a couple of build threads and they were complete...…...So I headed over here and checked the build thread on the restoration of the Carrillo Roadster...….
    HOLY CRAP They are back...……….I checked my old threads and found them complete again

Am I the only one seeing this ?

2. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

3. Deuces

Deuces

Yep! What Max said.... :D:cool:

Max Gearhead likes this.

4. According to their site, it's only for a limited time while they introduce a new pricing policy.

"For a limited time, our current customers’ hosted images have been restored and Photobucket is introducing a new pricing plan that is built around everyone’s needs. "

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  5. Like the cable companies ''giving'' premium channels to hook people. Except it's your own photos they're holding hostage. The bad publicity shook them enough to squeeze a little less.

F&J and lothiandon1940 like this.
  6. manyolcars

manyolcars

thats what Max ALWAYS says

7. Deuces

Deuces

Not a problem....... :cool:

8. oldolds

oldolds

Hmmm. Sounds like everyone who uses it should take their pics back now! Before they lose them again.

9. F&J

F&J

sings of a dying company.

greed brings karma

dan31, Unkl Ian, wackdaddy and 3 others like this.
  10. TagMan

TagMan
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Photobucket ? Screw 'em..........

11. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Last edited: Jul 1, 2018
  12. evintho

evintho

For the 'technologically challenged' (like me) how do you download your photos to a USB stick? There used to be a feature to the right of the pics that allowed you to do that. I got a lot of photos back (but not all) that way. That feature however, is no longer there.

13. hrm2k

hrm2k
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

When you uploaded your photos to Photobucket, unless you were a paying customer, the resolution in the photos was reduced dramatically . They were also resized. Some of my early photos were about 700K in size ( 700,000 bytes). Once in Photobucket, they were about 250K. While you could link them to a 3rd party site ( the HAMB ), they looked pretty good, when you download the same photo, it was less than acceptable in size and resolution.

I have always kept my original photos on an external drive. I'm not out any of them. I was just pissed at the mess Photobucket made of some great threads.

@Stogy , The red " X's " your post mentioned looks like may one of the other free picture sites. When Photobucket breaks the link, you get their Gauge looking picture saying the link had been broken

Stogy likes this.
  14. It sounds like Photobucket realized how they angered their users. It is good that they reversed their decision. Unfortunately they haven't won back my trust. I would strongly suggest people post their pictures directly to the site and definitely not use Photobucket or other photo sites for storage. Storage is best done on a local computer with backup as well as cloud storage with a company that specializes with storing all types of data.

Charlie Stephens

hrm2k and Stogy like this.
  15. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

You are no doubt correct another online photoshare company defunct. Well I hope those that don't have originals get something backed up because once its gone it's gone even if its reduced. Thanks Hrm.

16. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

You plug the stick into your computer. Get the bucket up...bring up your pic and download the biggest resolution you can get. That could be a right clic/Save Image or a download image somewhere on the pic page.

When you go to save you have to locate your USB stick on your computer which is basically a huge folder just like the ones on your hard drive. If Windows it will be at My Computer which shows all the drives which your USB is...a drive and a big storage folder. Hope this helps...;)

17. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

yeah, when photobucket first decided to hold peoples photos hostage, I went on their site, saved my pics to my computer and closed my account. I figured no one would pay their ransom and would soon be out of business. I think now that they realize the error of their ways. But it is probably to late. I can't imagine anyone trusting them anymore....

18. I downloaded everything back from them then deleted my PB account and unsubscribed everything from them soon after they started holding everyone's photos hostage.
    Screw them and anyone who tries shit like that.