Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration The Photoshop thread to end all Photoshop Threads!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Pair O' Dice, Oct 10, 2008.

1. Rot 'n Kustom

Rot 'n Kustom

Funny thing - I started on a hot rod version, but switched to a home made woodie I remembered seeing when I was young. Jeez.

2. Dick Stevens

Dick Stevens

It may have been one single person that didn't like it hitting 'report' twice and it is automatically deleted! A feature that is good in some cases such as spam posts but not perfect!

hotrodjack33 and Leon Sandcastle like this.
  3. @madfish
    You could spend half the day hitting the report button twice and still not eliminate all of the "Off Topic" post that are on this site. I don't see how a jeep is off topic but vintage guitars are perfectly acceptable
    https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/threads/vintage-guitars.1117133/page-5#post-13994467

4. madfish

madfish

It's the Admin of this page. He's pulled many things he "personally " finds off topic or offensive. I've had him pull jokes he considered political (not true) and cars because the wheels were "too modern". If you noticed besides pulling the jeeps that were photoshopped he also pulled a 1964 Chevelle that was too "street and modern" for his taste.

5. 51504bat

51504bat
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I've had stuff pulled for being off topic. Didn't always agree but so be it. Its not my site. The mods have a tough job trying to keep everything on the straight and narrow and there are bound to be those who disagree. Cowboy up and move on. JMO.

Tony Martino likes this.
  6. Yup, some things are left in some threads (have you peeked at the '37-41 Willys thread?) while others are pulled (I had an image yanked that was an example of a mid-'60s paint color because it was "too new") often because the mod has favorites. Sometimes they're a bit heavy-handed, but all we can do is ask for an intelligent dialog instead of overdone actions.

On the other hand, that '65 Chevelle that showed up yesterday definitely was in the wrong place.

hotrodjack33 likes this.
  7. Hey guys, will one of you help me out when you have time so i can see what my wagon would look like green? Thanks a bunch :D 20210206_150228.jpg 20210224_182628.jpg

loudbang likes this.
  8. madfish

madfish

Ain't our range, not disagreeing. Just trying to figure out the rules that don't seem to apply.

Definitely a "Cowboy up and move on" situation.

hotrodjack33 and 51504bat like this.
  9. The new artillery wheels are here and the firestone bias ply tires are on the way !

Peanut 1959 and loudbang like this.
  10. madfish

madfish

11. madfish

madfish

12. @madfish
    How's this look??? Any other colors in mind?

57.jpg

13. No that's good man, thanks a bunch. Never noticed that sign on my property lol. What's up with the jeep stuff? I feel like i missed something o_O

14. jakesbackyard

jakesbackyard
    from ND
    1. Upholstery

The sign...now that’s funny...way to go moose.

15. I'm not a college graduate, but I'm sensing that somebody got spanked or butthurt? Thanks for the paint job ;)

hotrodjack33 and loudbang like this.
  16. Rot 'n Kustom

Rot 'n Kustom

17. GearheadsQCE

GearheadsQCE
    Alliance Vendor

Lloyd,
    I didn't think I would like your Sedan Delivery in that green, but I think it looks pretty good. I might try more of a blue/green for comparison. (think Peacock)
    Just a suggestion, I have NO photoshop experience.

loudbang likes this.
  18. madfish

madfish

19. loudbang likes this.
  20. Unclebrad

Unclebrad

Red_1 w chrome.jpg Red_1 w red.jpg

21. lake_harley

lake_harley

I'm amazed at what gets photo shopped here and how real things look. I wouldn't know the 1st thing about photo shop but wonder what my Coupe would look like if the wheels were either the dark brown or tan like on the body, or posssibly even flat black. With and without trim rings would be great too, but I'm not asking anyone to spend a lot of time doing it, not knowing if it takes a few minutes or hours. Using either photo is fine with me.

Thanks, in advance if someone could photo shop the wheel color (the dark and light brown and maybe flat black as mentioned above) for me.

Lynn

20210318_121212.jpg 20210318_121243.jpg

loudbang likes this.
  22. You guys are in rare form...well done. NaJ will become a theme, I'm guessing.

loudbang and themoose like this.
  23. madfish

madfish

24. madfish

madfish

@lake_harley

Chocolate brown wires would look great too.

A wires.jpg

25. lake_harley

lake_harley

madfish...Thanks for your help! I'm torn between the dark brown (like the fender and trim) and the tan that matches the body. To me they really change the flavor of the whole car with the dark looking a little more "hot roddy" and the tan more "resto". Maybe that's just me but at least I can picture the car a lot better than I was able to in my mind! Wires would look great too, so thanks for that extra idea, but I doubt that's in the cards.

Send me the bill for your help! :D

Lynn

loudbang likes this.
  26. Left side: tan, right side: brown... :)

bchctybob and lake_harley like this.
  27. madfish

madfish