Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration The Photoshop thread to end all Photoshop Threads!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Pair O' Dice, Oct 10, 2008.

1. southerncad

southerncad

[​IMG]My friend just got this Star, and is undecided which way to go with it. I think it is a little stodgy, and needs a little help. How about one of you P-Shop Guru's treating it to a hot rod set of wheels & tires and a little stance change? Nothing too radical. Thanks. IMG_0261.jpg

509garyd likes this.
  2. Some food for thought...

wheels.jpg chop.jpg

3. jimmy six

jimmy six
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Geez Moose that’s really bad. All that Bel Air needs is lower the rear 2”, the front 4” and any full hub cap or TT’s, Crager’s , etc...

509garyd and 1933_willys_77 like this.
  4. The OP comment...
    Very cool. This is what I’m after. Thank you for the inspiration.

5. southerncad

southerncad

509garyd and themoose like this.
  6. waylow64bird

waylow64bird
    from Buffalo MN

Put this bumper [​IMG] on this car[​IMG] please and thank you

Sent from my iPad using H.A.M.B.

509garyd likes this.
  7. Here's a bit of a more radical custom.

ply.jpg

8. Miss Vicky got a little hammered last weekend.
    IMG_5618.JPG

Stogy, BigO, Ron Funkhouser and 7 others like this.
  9. Rot 'n Kustom

Rot 'n Kustom

49 TB Final 3.jpg
    Here tis, with a reminder:
    I sized the grille to fit the car. No guarantee it works in real life. As always, measure before you cut.

10. Mopar Tony

Mopar Tony

Holy crap man that is awesome. Thank you thank you. What all do you do because I want to do that lol. I see the frenched headlight and stuff but did you change anything else. This picture has me so excited lol.

Stogy, 509garyd and Peanut 1959 like this.
  11. Ned Ludd

Ned Ludd

Proportions seem a bit odd? Is this better?
    dodge skirts adj.png

509garyd likes this.
  12. The things done besides the frenched headlights are of course the chopped roof with a slope toward the rear the front grill and bumper, shaved chrome and emblems and of course a lower stance and the skirts. I'm glad the rendering is in helping you see your vision for the car. I'll keep my eye on your build thread and look forward it watching the car come to life.
    Moose

13. Rot 'n Kustom

Rot 'n Kustom

I took another shot at the '49 Ford/Tbird grille-bumper. I downsized the bumper just a bit.
    I think this works a little better.
    49 TB Final 4.jpg

509garyd, Dick Stevens and themoose like this.
  14. buzz4041

buzz4041
    from Texas

Can someone kindly chop the top 2-3/4" and remove 3" from the rear of the bed to help proportion out the chop. While your at it please lower accordingly with a rake.

Thanks in advance.

002 (8).JPG

509garyd likes this.

15. chop.jpg

BigO, 509garyd, simplestone and 2 others like this.
  16. Peanut 1959

Peanut 1959

First, a bit of history from a Facebook post by Studebaker expert extraordinaire, Richard Quinn:
    "Who was Flo Ash and what connection did she have with Studebaker? Flo was a Vaudeville-era fan dancer nicknamed 'The Cutest Little Nudist.' She had her own production company and toured the country in the 1930s and early ‘40’s. I came across a reference to her in an article in the Jan 1, 1941 issue of the magazine 'Automotive Industries' (see image #1). The article was about a Los Angeles specialty body company known as Coachcraft, that specialized in converting standard production cars into mild customs for the Hollywood stars of the era. Flo commissioned a special 1940 Studebaker President 2-door club sedan into an open front town car. I had the photo from the article in my files for a number of years and maybe 7-8 years ago I noted a 35mm color slide being offered on ebay. Though it had no descriptive information I knew immediately that it had to be Flo’s car so bought the slide and scanned it (image #2). No information on the owner/driver but likely a 2nd or 3rd owner. The photographer appears to have been standing on the street corner when the car was turning and snapped the photo. Odd that he was able to get such a good photo of a car in motion and also amazing that it survived and found its way to a person who could identify it. I own three 1940 Club Sedans, 2 Presidents, and one Commander, so have a singular affection for them. I am sure both Flo and her special Studebaker are long gone but we have the photos that tell a little part of her story."

I asked Mr. Quinn:
    "Is there any historical information to indicate what color the car was painted after it was customized?"

He responded:
    "No, but I will bet bright red with white top when Flo had it. Later repaint looks mousy gray to me."

Now, here's my ask: Can one of you please colorize the early image and adjust the colors of the later image to be more vibrant and life-like, to match the colors proposed by Mr. Quinn? I'd like to share them with him after you're done. Thank you, very much, in advance! FB_IMG_1582747738026.jpeg FB_IMG_1582747735355.jpeg

Surfcityrocker, BigO and pcbart like this.
  17. buzz4041

buzz4041
    from Texas

themoose likes this.
  18. vinny harms

vinny harms

Hey the moose its me again but I have a new idea of a imperial you did for my birthday and wondering if you can put the v fins from the Golden Sahara on then and shave the trim and door handles plus the voodoo sahara roof and goodyear tires with the same spoke rims tapatalk_jpeg_1582166819885.jpeg Capture%2B_2020-02-04-22-52-14.jpeg 400px-1953-lincoln-golden-sahara3.jpeg golden-sahara(1).jpeg

birth day febuary 21 2008

BigO and 509garyd like this.
  19. The Bomber

The Bomber
    from mass.

Hey Moose, still like the job you did on my photo and keeping it. I realized I had cropped it a little leaving out a little of the tow truck. Sorry to be a little fussy was wondering if you could colorize it too. Here's three, don't know which you prefer. as you can see, one is real messy, before I removed scratches, which was the cropped one missing one truck headlight,. the other, cleaned up.Also included is a color shot of the car to use on one of these. So which ever you think is the one to do.. Connecticut Dragway-Angelo Greco 37 Willys cleaned up photo.png angie greco's 37 willys at conn.-copy of original-5.jpg Connecticut Dragway-Angelo Greco's 37 Willys-return road.jpg angie greco's 37 willys at conn.-copy of original-5.jpg Connecticut Dragway-Angelo Greco's 37 Willys-return road.jpg Thanks for any help...

427 sleeper likes this.
  20. Can you please make the top Black and put the T-Bird spoke style hubcaps on this 55 for me? Thanks

82802455_183791426062406_6726614729151741952_o.jpg

Peanut 1959 and 509garyd like this.
  21. 427 sleeper

427 sleeper
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'm pretty sure if you look up the definition of Bad Ass MoFo in the dictionary there will be an 8 X 10 glossy pic. of this car next to it! JMHO. :cool:

22. Me again, can I please see what a 49 Cadillac grill looks like on a 47 dodge please? Please delete dodge park lights too.
    Thanks.

IMG_3256.JPG IMG_3258.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

509garyd likes this.

23. top.jpg

32ford5, 509garyd and Peanut 1959 like this.
  24. Mopar Tony

Mopar Tony

Thanks I thought that was all that was done but couldn't tell if you pancaked the hood some or if it was just smoothed because of the emblems being gone. Thanks again I appreciate it. So far my chop is almost done just the back window to go.

themoose likes this.

25. grill.jpg

ratty_aussie and Peanut 1959 like this.
  26. 1946caddy

1946caddy
    from washington

Looks like a 41 Cadillac grill to me.

27. The Bomber

The Bomber
    from mass.

lol- yes indeed ‘427’ ! I saw it race.. and yes, it was! Thanks

28. Peanut 1959

Peanut 1959

Moose, that is absolutely gorgeous! Thank you so much for taking the time to do that for me, and for the entertainment and inspiration your work (and the others who contribute) provides.

If you are able to tune up the other one, too, that would be fantastic. But only if you have time and the inclination. You owe me nothing!

29. Squablow

Squablow

That is 100% a Buick grille, not a Cadillac. I think the Cad grille would probably actually fit better, the shape of the front of that Buick is too dissimilar to the Dodge.