Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration The Photoshop thread to end all Photoshop Threads!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Pair O' Dice, Oct 10, 2008.

1. Hey TheMoose , one last request (or maybe 3) and I'll quit pestering you, on the Taildragger could you put it in paint fo me, I'm thinking a dark to med. color or anything that you think will make it "right" to put me in that time frame, late 40s to early 50s , here is the car and some paint choices I'm looking at, the '36 is flat but if the color shade can be made gloss that's good if not flat will be fine. Hope things are going well on your end. Thanks for all the help, now to make a definite decission and get started. :) :D
    cap.jpg
    plymouth-1947-convertible-01.jpg
    3695757222_93bdc0f8e0.jpg
    th.jpeg
    satin 36 02.jpg
    29sd264-vi.jpg

Last edited: Dec 6, 2019
  2. silent rick

silent rick

i asked this before and somebody did a fine job on it but now the post is gone. i don't know what happened so let's try again. can someone change out the front wheels to american rebel starburst spindle mounts?

[​IMG]

3. madfish

madfish

4. silent rick and madfish like this.
  5. Lloyd's paint & glass

Lloyd's paint & glass
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Can i get somebody to turn this thing a medium kinda blue metallic with some white scallops? Interior is gonna be white also. Thanks for any help! 20191108_110917.jpg

Peanut 1959 likes this.
  6. Peanut 1959

Peanut 1959

I'd vote for something Watson-y, but 'taint my ride!

7. @BigO

Here's a few...

Blue.jpg Green.jpg Green2.jpg Maroon.jpg

kiwijeff, Jay71, Squablow and 2 others like this.
  8. Lloyd's paint & glass

Lloyd's paint & glass
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Well ya gotta tell me what you're talking about lol....

9. 509garyd likes this.
  10. This might get some attention....;)

57.jpg

11. madfish

madfish

12. ^ Hell, don't worry, I have a problem drawing the ring around the bathtub.
    I like the blue colour, but I prefer the front grille and bumper.
    Bob

13. Lloyd's paint & glass

Lloyd's paint & glass
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Awesome moose! Thanks very much!

themoose likes this.
  14. Lloyd's paint & glass

Lloyd's paint & glass
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks fish man, the blue is close to what i want but i know i want white scallops. It amazes me what you can do with a computer lol, i got a nice set of crayons!

15. Lloyd's paint & glass

Lloyd's paint & glass
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Oh yeah, that's more like what i was thinking....

509garyd likes this.
  16. 509garyd likes this.
  17. Hey themoose! Could you please make my 64 Comet into the road race/ nascar I want it to be? Thank you for all you do for us

[​IMG] or[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 12, 2019
    509garyd likes this.
  18. silent rick

silent rick

recently i've been asking for different wheel/tire combos for my T bucket. it has 40 spoke kelsey hayes and black wall firestone delux champions on it now and while it takes the car out of the 50's and gives it a 60's look(that i like), i think i'll stay with the kelseys.
    [​IMG]

now i also have a 27 T coupe that is still in the planning stage. I've asked moose and madfish to photoshop a similiar photo to give me an idea what it might look like. madfish came up with this per my instructions. never been a huge fan of white walls on hot rods. can i see the coupe with the same wheel/tire combo that the bucket has? that would be 31 inch tall pie crust cheaters on a painted steel reversed wheel and 26 inch tall front runners on a starburst spindle mount wheel. the one in the above photo looks like it's turned a little, is there a photo available from a straight on view? here's my last vision of the coupe.

[​IMG]

509garyd likes this.
  19. madfish

madfish

20. silent rick

silent rick

thanks madfish. perfect on the front wheel. if i could request one more thing it would be to lighten it up a little to show more contrast and don't go cutting the roof off this version like you did the last time. i have enough on my mind without you adding more to it. thanks again.
    i can't say enough about this thread. i remember a time before computers when we would cut out different wheels/tires out of magazines and lay them on top of our photos. or cutting a little out of the photo with scissors to see what a chop would look like. the proportions would be way off and it never looked as good as the work you guys can do on the computer. i need to get to work now.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2019
  21. madfish

madfish

@silent rick

Rick, you don't know how much I want to cut that top just to piss you off. LOL.

Tall T.jpg

BigO, 509garyd, Stogy and 1 other person like this.
  22. silent rick

silent rick

oh man, it doesn't piss me off, i just lose sleep over it wondering what if i....

madfish likes this.
  23. madfish

madfish

See, you're a perfect candidate to learn photoshop. Glad to help.

SR100 and silent rick like this.
  24. madfish

madfish

25. A little less glitz

Stock Car.jpg

26. 509garyd likes this.
  27. Thank you Themoose! I was thinking of removing the side trim, but that gives it a purpose!

509garyd, Peanut 1959 and themoose like this.