Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration The Photoshop thread to end all Photoshop Threads!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Pair O' Dice, Oct 10, 2008.

1. Ned Ludd

Ned Ludd

I've taken the liberty:
    32 Auburn 02.jpg
    The early-Deco colour scheme might not be everyone's cup of tea.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2019
    James D likes this.
  2. Go full Sonia Delaunay!

Ned Ludd likes this.

3. I hope this makes the wife smile!!

black.jpg

kidcampbell71, OahuEli, Stogy and 5 others like this.
  4. BFXJason

BFXJason

Thanks Moose! Awesome job! She will love it! (She did!!!)

Last edited: Oct 31, 2019
    Peanut 1959 and themoose like this.
  5. That's great:)

BFXJason likes this.
  6. atomickustom

atomickustom

Whatever that car is, it is beautiful and it looks great in the two-tone blue!

7. barrnone50

barrnone50
    from texas

Thank you the TURD will be flushed tomorrow! I have never cared for those Step Plates and now is the time!
    Thanks Stan and MrMadfish As always Less is more!

Peanut 1959 likes this.
  8. 'Mo

'Mo

Would anyone care to add the '55 park lights, inside (or outside) of the grille cavity?
    Just something to finish it off, without excessive bodywork. Thanks.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 1, 2019
  9. madfish

madfish

10. 'Mo likes this.
  11. Nice ideas, good to get someone else's point of view. Looks great.

'Mo likes this.
  12. If anyone else has any good ideas on my car please let me or Madfish or Moose know, I've not started on the car yet so now is a good time for me to see other ideas. Thanks guys, and thanks Mo, Michael. BigO

'Mo likes this.
  13. Squablow

Squablow

'Mo, I don't remember who did it for me so unfortunately I can't give credit but someone here added a '55 center section to my '52 keeping the '52 parking lights intact, it works in a similar vein to what you're suggesting. I've always liked the car you have pictured (I forget the name of the owner, I know it was a Vic and really low in the rear) and thought that treatment would look good on my '52. Here's the rendering.

Squablow54Ford_55Grill.jpg

OahuEli likes this.
  14. Rot 'n Kustom

Rot 'n Kustom

Here's the Quesnel Ford with the '55 parking lights. I added a little curvature to the bottom of the grill surround to make them fit better.
    52 Quesnel Final.jpg

BigO and Peanut 1959 like this.
  15. 'Mo

'Mo

Wow! A hardy THANK YOU to all contributors on this thread!
    It is truly heartening to find so many willing to share their talents and ideas with strangers, without compensation.
    You provide a truly valuable service. Know that it is appreciated!
    mo

Last edited: Nov 1, 2019
  16. madfish

madfish

@BigO

I know this is probably 180 degrees from where your head is but if this was mine I'd get that thing back original looking, work on the suspension, drive train and stick a '53 Caddy motor with 2x4's. (Fordiallac) There's two much history of moonshiners, stock cars in the south to be ignored. My two cents.

48.jpg

kidcampbell71 and BigO like this.
  17. verde742

verde742

you didn't ask me...
    . but there are so many options for a 52-54 Ford grille

55 grille looks so wrong...

18. The car has all the orginal interior other than the steering column and wheel but that's going to be changed and it has V8, auto, 9", can't afford to change but it is out of site to the public, and yes being in NC is a great place for buying 'shine and a lot of 'shine runner type cars can be seen often kinda normal here that's why I was looking to go 40s taildragger style it's not that common and I love the old look. Thanks for talking with me about this project and the work you've done helping me with ideas. Thanks again, BigO

Peanut 1959, madfish and 'Mo like this.
  19. Amen to that, thanks everyone! BigO

OahuEli and madfish like this.
  20. 'Mo

'Mo

madfish and BigO like this.
  21. OK, i would like to see the grill blackened out except the outer & center trim, black wheels with baby moons only, (no trim rings), & black running board covers. Also add a 37 chrome front bumper. Thanks in advance !! I know I'm asking alot but it's the look I'm going for...

thumbnail_IMG_0772.jpg

22. I only live about 2 hours from Woodfin and Weaverville, NC where most of the film was made. :):D

'Mo likes this.
  23. madfish

madfish

I hear you. You have to do what pleases you. On a side note, my dad was stationed in Ft. Jackson SC in the Fifties and while there he and a buddy raced a 48 ford stock car with a 48 Merc engine. This was back in the days when they raced against the likes of Fireball Roberts etc. This is the kind of stuff I grew up on, it wasn't until much later that I discovered "hot rods" through my dad's hot rod magazines. The exact same way I discovered naked women through his other magazines.

OahuEli and 'Mo like this.
  24. Fireball Roberts was a friend of the family and his wife died few years ago, she and my Mom were still friends, she lived close by, and Ralph Earnhart (Dales Dad) was also good friends with the family too, I went to their house a lot as a kid and built model cars with Dale.

OahuEli, 'Mo and madfish like this.
  25. I love this post.jpg
    Or thread, post is funnier...:D

Dick Stevens and themoose like this.

26. 1.jpg

27. Hey MO, does the '55 Packard hub caps fit a standard Fordor Chevy wheel or do you have to get the Buick wheels, I know the old Caddys were so deep you had to have the Caddy wheels.