Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration The Photoshop thread to end all Photoshop Threads!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Pair O' Dice, Oct 10, 2008.

1. Stan Back

Stan Back
    from California

That T(?) truck looks like it's missing some body parts and the back fenders are loose and rotating forward.

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  2. jimmy six

jimmy six
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The color on he Corvette would have been Honduras Marron. That ll would have had that choice too.

3. Flamed48

Flamed48

Yeah that’s the color my car was from the factory

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

chryslerfan55 and 509garyd like this.
  4. Hi all, I'm building a '38 Ford Club Cabriolet for my wife (the picture below is taken from Google images...and my lack of computer skills shows in my inability to edit it down to a simple clean shot of the car). I would very much appreciate a photoshop hand to help convey a couple build types/visions that I have to my wife.

Here are a couple of the options I would like to see if it wouldn't be too much trouble:

Colour: gloss black with a black top or gloss black with tan top
    wheels: chrome reverse with blackwalls (235-75-15 rear, 195-70-15 front), same wheels with skinny whitewalls (same sizes), American Torque thrusts with grey spokes and with the spokes tinted in the era type gold spoke (blackwalls), and finally a Halibrand sprint type wheel.

Tan interior.

Other details of the chassis build, 3" dropped axle, reverse eye front spring, front cross member flattened 1.25" front axle/cross member moved forward 1 1/2", parallel rear leaf springs with axle to be centered in wheel well (should be pretty low).

And of course feel free to clean up the background and expand the car size of the Google image. Thank you in advance (love the community that is the HAMB!).

upload_2018-11-29_8-11-24.png

Last edited: Nov 29, 2018
    chryslerfan55 and 509garyd like this.
  5. Here's a few versions to ponder....

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg

6. Wow, thank you @themoose ! You guys are the greatest!

I showed the combos to my wife...she too can now see the visions/options I've had in my head...black, tan top and gold tint torque thrusts it is!

Hombre and themoose like this.
  7. japar

japar
    from Seekonk Ma

8. japar

japar
    from Seekonk Ma

Can anyone tell if this is real or Photoshop ?

9. OahuEli and slv63 like this.
  10. I like fish but it's good to have a well rounded diet.....

bear3.jpg

11. madfish

madfish

It's photoshop...this is real.

bear 2.jpg

Last edited: Dec 2, 2018
    OahuEli, slv63, jimmy six and 5 others like this.
  12. verde742

verde742

YEP Its REAL......If Moose says a mouse can pull a house, hook it up.....

themoose and chryslerfan55 like this.
  13. whtbaron

whtbaron
    from manitoba

I remember painting a few cars that color back in the day, and I can't say I was a fan. It had almost brownish undertones and really wasn't one of my favorite colors. Unless you are stuck on returning to original, I would either stick with the white or a brighter shade of red.

14. Could I please have Red Steelies with moons and trim rings. 13" on front and 15s on the rear put on this fine 39. Also no white walls. Thanks in advance. 47010291_337638950150865_7726942526837358592_o.jpg

kiwijeff, low budget and 509garyd like this.

15. wheels.jpg

Peanut 1959 and kiwijeff like this.
  16. 509garyd likes this.
  17. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

Not that you or anyone else cares but that may be one of the only cars, (that wasnt a salt flats racer) with full moon spun disc that I halfway like. It looks retro fast even while sitting still.

slv63 and 509garyd like this.
  18. gasser-a-go-go

gasser-a-go-go

Wow that's a cool looking spaceship van

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

509garyd likes this.
  19. Jharris45

Jharris45

Hoping someone can do this in blue/gray (Widveill Blue Metallic) with Black fenders - thanks!

20. Jharris45

Jharris45

Here is the pic :)

Attached Files:

21. blue.jpg

22. Jharris45

Jharris45

Great, thank you! Thoughts everyone?

23. verde742

verde742

Sucks !
    me and 2 % of population LOVE yellow Hot Rods...

24. GearheadsQCE

GearheadsQCE
    Alliance Vendor

I usually don't comment on threads of this type, because color is so subjective. But, here's MHO:

Like verde742, I like yellow. But there are a couple of things that strike me wrong in this application. Because of the contrast, the eye is drawn to the black fender welting especially on the splash apron. Same with the back windows and to a lesser degree the the black top. The truck has some great details in the sheet metal that get lost in the sea of yellow. I would try to highlight the belt line and the areas around the panels.

The picture itself takes away from the beauty of the beast. With the hood side up, it breaks up the lines making the yellow scream out, "I'M REALLY TALL, AND SHORT, AND YELLOW!"

At first, I didn't like the signage overlapping the body lines. But I think maybe it would look better with pinstripes around the panel that were broken to allow the lettering to stand out.

I wouldn't mind seeing the fenders black with the yellow.

Now to your question: I don't like that blue on that truck. I guess I really don't like that blue at all. I could see it better with a true baby blue or a medium blue with dark blue, not black, fenders. All the stuff I said about the details above would still apply.

If it were mine, I would work with the yellow. That is a fine hot rod and the color scheme just needs a bit of touch up.
    Sorry, but you asked.

25. verde742

verde742

I agree,totally, I just didn't want to go into that much detail...

26. Jharris45

Jharris45

Thanks for your feedback! To be clear, the yellow panel delivery is not mine, however I have one very very similar, and I am dropping off the body panels this Saturday for paint. Given the size of the truck, I thought two tone with the fenders was necessary, but thats just my opinion.. I liked that blue, but maybe it's not the right fit - I also like (Anvil Gray) a Jeep color.

"themoose' - any options/thoughts you can whip up?

Thanks all,
    Jim

Jim Bouchard likes this.
  27. Jim Bouchard

Jim Bouchard

I like the two tone a lot. It’s very traditional.

I’d favor the grey and black fenders. I’d also include black on the belt lines. Not necessarily every belt line but I’d play around with it to add just enough accents.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Jharris45 likes this.
  28. GearheadsQCE

GearheadsQCE
    Alliance Vendor

Me neither;)
    But since I was up @ 4:00 AM I thought I would comment.

Peanut 1959 likes this.
  29. sliceddeuce

sliceddeuce

This might require a slight wheelbase stretch, But what happens if we graft the tail end of a roadster body on to a phaeton? Sort of a bustle-back /Duesenberg Arlington hot rod effect. 1 dc tb.jpg