Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration The Photoshop thread to end all Photoshop Threads!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Pair O' Dice, Oct 10, 2008.

1. RaginPin3Appl3

RaginPin3Appl3

I may have to do that some day lol

What'cha got in there, kid?

2. southerncad

southerncad

Wow, that has to be the best looking '59 Impala on the planet! Almost...
    ...Just think how good it would look with wide-whites and a bit of altitude adjustment!!!

3. :eek: thanks @themoose ! Those look great! I like the root beer one too, I hadn't really thought of that as an option! Sorry my pictures weren't much to work with, I should have gotten one before we rolled it into the garage.

4. Mind if I go on a bit of a rant here? There have been a lot of talented people on this thread, gladly helping to fulfill the dreams of tons of people. They do it without expecting anything, sometimes not even getting a word of thanks. That's okay, most of them do it for the pure joy and creative outlet that it provides.

But there seems to be a trend lately on the HAMB where requests are made and the end results are posted on other threads without any consideration for the folk who created it. In a few instances the poster even has claimed themselves to be the creator of the work. And that ain't right.

There's no copyright on most of this (not that a copyright would mean anything to most people) but giving credit where credit is due is the LEAST that you should do. If you're going to post an image from here and say "here's a Photoshop" then you can type "here's a Photoshop done by <whomever> over on the Photoshop thread." Otherwise you're a dick. Don't be a dick....

5. Just playing around, lower with wide whites...and.... Oh well,what can I say...I like red;) low and red.jpg

6. scooting

scooting

The guys doing the photo alterations on this site have saved a lot of rodders money by showing not what to do and shown a lot of us what real work would look like without the expenditure. Thanks to the photo-choppers! I would like to ask if you could show my 40 with two different wheels. First the Hurst ones, then the Rocket ones but with a gold center color like the Hurst. Wheels would be the size as what is on the car. It sure would help me figure out if I should spend the money or keep dreaming. Opinions: Should I dream a new dream?

Attached Files:

7. One more to ponder....

caps.jpg

mrspeedyt, kiwijeff and lurker mick like this.
  8. Squablow

Squablow

Just for fun I tried angling the post to match the rear pillar. Not sure if I like it better that way but just wanted to see what it'd look like.

2drflattop.jpg

kiwijeff, gonmad and nitrobrother like this.
  9. RaginPin3Appl3

RaginPin3Appl3

Could you shave the side trim as well? :p thanks

What'cha got in there, kid?

10. verde742

verde742

I like the B pillar angled better, but awful hard to "beat" the original top.
    I usual like different, but not this time, sorry..

11. CowboyTed

CowboyTed

Thanks for the reminder. My indiscretion is fixed, at least!

themoose likes this.
  12. Shaved.jpg

olcurmdgeon and kiwijeff like this.
  13. madfish

madfish

Just so everyone knows, The Moose is not human, he has entered his third phase of singularity and now is one
    with his photoshop software.
    Moose, thanks for your productivity and positive attitude.

nitrobrother, kiwijeff and themoose like this.
  14. verde742

verde742

thanks MOOSE,
    You very accommodating, and I look forward to your concepts..

themoose likes this.
  15. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

LMAO!

16. paul55

paul55
    from michigan

X10!!!

themoose likes this.
  17. scooting

scooting

Oh Boy! Thanks Moose! You just saved me from buying the saltflat wheels and painting them gold. The Hurst ones I need to think about. It is a big change. Also thanks for the steelies in gold and baby moons. That one does not work for me. I may have to back away from gold. You helped a lot.

kiwijeff and themoose like this.
  18. Madfish...I don't know if I'm quite at the level of expertise with Photoshop as what you described. I find that it has an endless number of tricks up it's sleeve and I doubt that it can ever be totally mastered but I'm having a lot of fun trying. Thank you for the complement and for the work that you do on this thread and thanks to everyone for your support!
    Moose

nitrobrother, kiwijeff and madfish like this.
  19. madfish

madfish

And... a big thanks goes to the fabulous James D. A man with, style, wit and probably a foreign accent. Cheers.

themoose, kiwijeff and James D like this.
  20. Thanks to everyone who contributes and that means you too Madfish.
    Can´t believe we´re at 600 pages and 2 million views.

(Let´s go easy with the ´fabulous´ though shall we?
    I´m not the one with the accent either.)

21. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

Figured its time to wade back in to the Photoshop page a bit. I'm too slow with Photoshop to create something in a timely manner, but still at it bit by bit.
    I'd like to share a project thats been awhile in the making. (Picture a turtle in a snow suit at the North Pole. :D)
    This project is for HAMBer wetskier2000, building a cool '41 Ford COE. He gave me some ideas on what he had in mind and this is the latest version. I don't know how to post a link but his project is pretty cool. Check it out.

0. buford_side_shot.jpg 27. Wetskier2000 two tone done.jpg

Last edited: May 2, 2016
    lowcoe, kiwijeff, themoose and 2 others like this.
  22. madfish

madfish

23. Been messing around with this tiny little Austin A30 `peanut´. I think it would have worked a lot better as a little coupe, with a roll top roof, a la Fiat Topolino. Maybe if the Italians had made these and added the tiniest bit of design flair, we could have had a cool little car. Gave it the mildest of chops and dropped the trunk area down too. Reshaped wheel arches and chrome wire wheels from an MG might be a nice choice.
    Stock...
    [​IMG]

Not....
    [​IMG]

OahuEli and Ned Ludd like this.
  24. I have been considering adding scallops or other detail to the side of the car. Any ideas, inspiration or hopefully a photoshop? It just seems plain to me, perhaps plain is good? I tried Scallops when I first started painting the car but I never went completely through with it.

Here was the early test of Scallops

[​IMG]

The car now

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 4, 2016
    AdeQ8Styl likes this.
  25. madfish

madfish

Maybe something subtle and non-conventional?

scallops.jpg

Sancho likes this.
  26. shadams

shadams

Never have been in here. Went through about 15 pages, WOW you guys are good. So I keep day dreaming about painting my truck, but cant settle on a color. The thing is there are TONS of AD's around but if it isnt your truck it still doesnt help, ha. So help me out....how bout a dark green? But dont want it too shiny, more like an old enamel paint job. Can you add cragars big and littles, mabe a little lower? 20150419_131046-4.jpg

mrspeedyt and Probesport like this.
  27. madfish

madfish

Good lord, I'd think twice before painting that patina.

mags on truck.jpg

mrspeedyt, Probesport and kiwijeff like this.
  28. Peanut 1959

Peanut 1959

I'd like to see a little more dish on those rear Cragars...

Sent from my LG-V495 using H.A.M.B. mobile app

29. madfish

madfish