Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration The Photoshop thread to end all Photoshop Threads!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Pair O' Dice, Oct 10, 2008.

1. amsgd

amsgd
    from England

It really does POP even in our very limited sunshine! I'm pretty sure it's marine grade as the spec mentioned it had anti-fungal treatment. It was sourced from Germany by the guy who did the interior. Top bloke here in the UK called Neil Tadman. If you would like any more info on it his email is [email protected].

Last edited: Feb 9, 2015
  2. madfish

madfish

Dear Photoshop Thread,
    My dear departed grandmother left me this 1960 Valiant. My granny loved this car but let's face it, it sucks. Now that she's gone it's mine and I can do whatever I want. I can't decide whether I should hot rod it, make it a custom, or just donate it to NPR. Any suggestions? No, I tried that... it didn't fit
    Valiant.jpg

3. They look great in gloss black. A friend owned one years ago and it was badass.

4. LeoH

LeoH
    from Reno, NV

It's a '62, but this looks pretty sharp on these shoes.
    http://www.thestreetpeep.com/2012/12/1962-plymouth-valiant-signet-200.html

5. verde742

verde742

6. LeoH

LeoH
    from Reno, NV

Back in my day, I remember seeing one with big meats in the back, the rear end jacked up in the air and coupled with the short body and flares, it was an eye catching look. With the rear jacked up, that smoothed out the rear roof/body angle and interrupts the standard pyramidal form of that body style.
    It's an excellent example you've inherited. If you're brave enough, embrace the oddity of the car and wallow in its weird. It may not look as interesting as the wagon version does that year, but it's better looking than the 4 door, imo. ;)

kiwijeff likes this.
  7. LeoH

LeoH
    from Reno, NV

If you don't go with a period style wheel, I'd at least try to find something that is modern, but resembles or echoes older wheel looks. It looks sweet as is on this side of the monitor.

8. Didn't we do a Lancer exercise a while back?
    [​IMG]

Lemme work on Grandma's car (tomorrow) and see if we can't inspire people a little bit...

LeoH likes this.
  9. LeoH

LeoH
    from Reno, NV

Just a yip from the cheap seats, everyone's taste's different; but I'm done with the Halibrands. Getting to be too common. They MIGHT look ok on your car, as it's silver, but it'd have to be a stunner for me to think you couldn't find a more distinctive look. That Lancer body does look sharp though.

10. Here it is lowered...

Valiant_Lowered_01.jpg

themoose and kiwijeff like this.
  11. Dick Stevens

Dick Stevens

The Lancer look is very good at converting from a, kind of ugly duckling to very interesting swan type of look

LeoH likes this.
  12. atomickustom

atomickustom

That car is fantastic. If you screw it up I will track you down and kick you in the nuggets! Lower it if you like and drive it proudly.
    If you really do think it sucks sell it on eBay and buy something you like.

LeoH likes this.
  13. LeoH

LeoH
    from Reno, NV

Hm. It might be interesting to see it on hydraulics.

14. madfish

madfish

Good lord! You guys are way too serious. That was just a set up to re-activate the page and have some fun redesigning
    the Valiant. I just pulled the picture off the internet. There was no Grandmother attached.

Nitro brother, I didn't know there was a Valiant redesign exercise before, sorry. I do, however, like the one you posted.

Atomickustom, if I ever inherit one of these (and I won't) I promise not to touch the car so I can protect my nuggets.

15. madfish

madfish

16. I'm laughin my ass off, that's hilarious! :D

17. atomickustom

atomickustom

Ah, you got me! I love oddball cars and I hate when someone inherits a nice car then trashes it so you tripped two of my triggers.
    Consider your nuggets safe.

18. Before granny departed she had it chopped and sectioned with a few other mods to give it a whole new look...

v1 .jpg

19. What can you guys do with this?
    [​IMG]

Or how about some different grill/bumper/headlight ideas? 50 buick bumper & grill with 53 buick headlights? Or anything else you might think looks cool?
    [​IMG]

20. Grammy Fish really wanted a convertible, but Plymouth didn't pop one out until much later. She also texted me before she passed that she wanted the wires and narrow whites off her old Chrysler Ghia. She mentioned that it was hard to get the 12 gauges in the back seat, so you'd better lengthen the door a bit.
    madfish_grandmas_valiant.png

kiwijeff, themoose and madfish like this.
  21. madfish

madfish

Me and my nuggets thank you.

22. How about flat black with a silver flake roof and some headlight and grill work...I couldn't bring myself to remove the ram.

t1.jpg

kiwijeff likes this.
  23. Oh, the ram's gotta stay. Looks great!

Could you throw on some scallops? Trying to talk my wife into how cool they look :)

LeoH likes this.
  24. t2.jpg

LeoH likes this.
  25. 'Mo

'Mo

Man, that's nice! How about just nosing it, french the lights, shave the doorhandles and bric-a-brac trim, and replicate a Watson paint job?

[​IMG]

26. Without chrome trim

wo trim.jpg

madfish likes this.
  27. LeoH

LeoH
    from Reno, NV

And that's the sort of granny who'd be still driving a retro ride like that.

28. LeoH

LeoH
    from Reno, NV

The Ram HAS to stay.

29. LeoH

LeoH
    from Reno, NV

Good to hear you were yanking our collective chain, but I still mean what I said about the Halibrands.

30. Thanks for the pics Moose!