Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration The Photoshop thread to end all Photoshop Threads!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Pair O' Dice, Oct 10, 2008.

1. mrjynx

mrjynx
    BANNED

no problem, if you want owt else just ask, got it saved so its easy to change.

onto the Packard.

edit - deleted since they quoted.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2013
  2. mrjynx

mrjynx
    BANNED

edit - deleted since quoted

3. bubblesbacon

bubblesbacon
    from wisconsin

GREAT PICTURES. thanks, I will probalbly go with the two-tone, so I will most likely stick with what packard did with the hood and body the same... top and trunk the same.. I also don't plan on running the rear wheel skirts... bu I am certainly NOT COMPLAINING you did an awesome job.. this gave me some idea what it would look like, the roof color maybe too dark? maybe a pink body with the purple you used for top?
    Of course also open to any good ideas, my daughter wants it all copper or sunburst orange...:rolleyes: Thanks again... I got to learn this stuff someday..

4. mrjynx

mrjynx
    BANNED

dunno if that's bronze.

also I just liked teal.

EDIT - deleted since quoted

5. bubblesbacon

bubblesbacon
    from wisconsin

Two more great ideas! Thanks again!

6. bubblesbacon

bubblesbacon
    from wisconsin

Dam, that teal gots me to thinking? I think the wife would love that one!:rolleyes:

also you got the tires down pat with the white walls, hub caps graet, maybe I might go with moons over painted wheels, I see alot on here use red for the wheels? kinda cool!

Last edited: Jun 27, 2013
  7. mrjynx

mrjynx
    BANNED

lol... I could see this going on and on.. okay lets just get this pink sorted first. I can do caps n wheels later.

From your last message it sounded like you wanted bright pink body with a dark purple roof and boot?!

[​IMG]

teal n red steelies. damn that looks nice.

[​IMG]

8. bubblesbacon

bubblesbacon
    from wisconsin

yes, that is great, what I was thinking, and thanks again for all your pics... no more ideas other than the wheels and caps, and possible the daughters idea of sunburst orange or copper, I don't know exactly what the name is but 2010 corvettes came in it...

Just so you know, that teal car is changing my mind, one color, not too loud yet enough of a "look and see what we got" kinda color... again thanks again and don't feel like you have to do anymore...

9. jules73

jules73

Hi if anyone could photoshop my Buick Id be real pleased.
    Im just going mild at the minute.
    Keeping it white,was going to flake the roof blue.
    Lowered with smoothies and wide wides or black steels and wide whites.
    Also Ive got bellflower tips to go on it as well.

[​IMG]

10. bubblesbacon

bubblesbacon
    from wisconsin

teal and red steelies! great job MRJYNX... thanks for all the great work...

11. mrjynx

mrjynx
    BANNED

Okay ill try get those done.

Did you want to see the pink and purple one with red wheels, or pink painted steelies?
    I`ll take the rear skirts off.
    do you want owt else adding or taking away. like that side chrome?

12. bubblesbacon

bubblesbacon
    from wisconsin

the side chrome is something I could do without as I am not much into extra chrome, but you did such a good job was afraid to ask for too much.. as far as the pink and purple leave as-is because that was more my idea and I think I will be over-ruled by the others LOL
    The teal with no chrome and this is the orang the daughter wants.. seems like the pic had problems, it was a new camaro painted INFERNO ORANGE... then thats enough of your time, i owe you alot for this THANKS

13. mrjynx

mrjynx
    BANNED

okay I looked around n think that's the right orange.

Attached Files:

14. bubblesbacon

bubblesbacon
    from wisconsin

You nailed it with these last ones MRJYNX thanks so much!!!!

15. daddio211

daddio211

I downloaded Gimp a few years ago, but never figured out how to use it really. Can anyone point me to a tutorial or something that will help me understand how to use it please?

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

16. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

http://www.gimp.org/tutorials/

17. bubblesbacon

bubblesbacon
    from wisconsin

I looked at gimp also and found www.gimpshop.com which is a version of gimp that is supposed to work like photoshop, menus alike and such and they do have tutorials at that site..
    I am still trying to decide on gimpshop or paintshop pro or photoshop. I am leaning towards gimpshop (because its free) while I try to learn phototshopping and see if I can do this stuff then maybe move to one of the others.. paintshop pro is only like $50

18. LN7 NUT

LN7 NUT

I use Gimp as well, I love it as it's very simple and forgiving VS photoshop and it's free, which is great because I'm too cheap to get the real thing! ;)

Check out the tutorials and just play with the program, that's what I did and I'm not too bad at it now.

Also learn about file types for when you are saving images so that you are able to post them in the correct format for this site.

19. If you've bought a new digital camera, scanner or printer in the last several years, check the software install CDs for possibly free image editing software. It's fairly common to have something like Photoshop Elements or Paintshop Pro included with other device software.

Your main concern is having software that will allow you to edit images by using layers. And learning how to use it, of course. :rolleyes:

20. nali

nali

Just searching "gimp car color change" will give many results. It s hard to give ONE link :)
    As LN7 NUT wrote , take care to the file format when you save , you have to "export" to make a jpg or png.
    This is a new feature . I hate it ...
    With the new versions of Gimp, you can use a single window, instead of one for each tool, which makes it look more like PS.
    Well ... I think, I ve never tried PS, I use Linux :p

21. jamcoupe

jamcoupe

I just picked up a 52 Caddy coupe and might make it a custom. Would somebody please round the front fender wells out like a 49 cadillac and lower it. This is not the car I bought just a pic from google. Thanks Jeff

Attached Files:

• cc.jpg
      cc.jpg
      File size:
      300 KB
      Views:
  22. mrjynx

mrjynx
    BANNED

[​IMG]

23. bubblesbacon

bubblesbacon
    from wisconsin

Okay, I showed the daughter all your great work and she loved the teal with the red steelies, she liked the lighter teal, the first teal you sent me, and the wife agreed, so it looks like we will go with the lighter teal with no skirts and no side chrome and possibly with the darker teal roof and rear trunk (my idea to stay with the old packard two-tone). So I also downloaded Gimpshop and am going to try that along with paint.net to try to see if I can handle some of this little changes on my own using yours as a starting point, I have alot of time before actually painting the car so when I can not work on the real car, I can work with it on the pc... I want to get some rear and front pics and other views and start playing!

Again THANKS so much for your work on this.. and your teal suggestion! GREAT JOB!:)

24. mrjynx

mrjynx
    BANNED

well ill do you one, just cos as a n00b you`ll have a challenge cloning out the chrome on the light one.

That should provide you with enough stock to colour change whatever you want from now on.

[​IMG]

25. bubblesbacon

bubblesbacon
    from wisconsin

You are the greatest, thanks ever so much!!!:D

26. HEY! :eek: The internet called... They said you're using up too much bandwidth with all these Packard pictures! ;) :D

27. mrjynx

mrjynx
    BANNED

I know, im sorry. atleast they hosted somewhere else so its not hamb bandwidth. be grateful its all done.

EDIT okay I went back and deleted all the pics that were quoted. no need in having them posted twice.

Attached Files:

28. Don't stop on my account. I like it when everyone "dogpiles" onto a project like this. :mad: That was just my weak attempt at being sarcastic. :rolleyes:

29. LeoH

LeoH
    from Reno, NV

:D:D:D roflmao

30. See! Somebody gets it! ;)

It's hard to be sarcastic on the internet. And at the same time it's hard not to be. :p